Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2017-01-31 Too big of a hangover

Post by Eisu »

Gotoh

Re: 2017-01-31 Too big of a hangover

Post by Gotoh »

I had to look at the last panel twice, 'cuz I actually thought that was Eva 'til I noticed she doesn't have a hair streak.

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

Nice summing up in four panels. :-bd
Poor Cammi. =((

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Poor Cammi, Poor Alex, hell poor everyone at this point.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

I have a feeling that this is where the cammi/sandra ships stops. It was good while it lasted - got a kiss out of it; more than most yuri can say.

I salute you ship. May you retire and become a museum for tourists.
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

and they said Brigitte was a one strip chick

and rreally?

Cammi make it up to Alex? interesting
ImageImage

robot_new_york

Post by robot_new_york »

cammi ... :x :YMDAYDREAM:

brasca

Post by brasca »

wiseguy wrote:and they said Brigitte was a one strip chick

and rreally?

I don't think that's necessary. Given the situation Alex finds himself in I think he accepts some of the risks involved.

I suppose it's a credit to Sandra's digestive system that she didn't vomit up everything on the plane ride back. I'm surprised she got painted as soon as they returned, but maybe Domenico wanted to get his pictures taken without any further delay.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

i like motoko there.

True_Avery wrote:It was good while it lasted - got a kiss out of it; more than most yuri can say.
wait, what the hell is even the point of a romantic sub-genre where they don't even kiss?
Yet still, I live...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:I suppose it's a credit to Sandra's digestive system that she didn't vomit up everything on the plane ride back. I'm surprised she got painted as soon as they returned, but maybe Domenico wanted to get his pictures taken without any further delay.
Yeah, the implied timing on that sequence of events is a little hectic. Dramatic license.

And life is truly full of swings and roundabouts for Alex these days. Oh well, he's storing up a lifetime's worth of interesting memories in the space of a few weeks. And if Sandra makes it really big - well, "I knew her when she was just starting out" is cool if you can deliver it with conviction, "I helped her with body painting" is big-time bragging rights, but "She puked all over me once" is a real story.

I suspect that Cammi's resolution to make it up to Alex is one of those throwaway lines that'll just be forgotten hereafter, but it'd be interesting to consider what she might plausibly do. Just blinking at him and saying "You do know that that little schoolfriend of yours wants to rip your boxer shorts off you, don'cha?" would of course be plenty, and too much actually to happen.
'J' wrote:wait, what the hell is even the point of a romantic sub-genre where they don't even kiss?
Ask Bollywood?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

wiseguy wrote:and they said Brigitte was a one strip chick

and rreally?

I never said she was a one strip chick... I said, "When I tag someone, that's only because the character was named in the strip, it doesn't mean anything more than that." If they return, then yay, if not, at least I've mentioned the tagging is just to tag and doesn't mean anything much.

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

'J' wrote:wait, what the hell is even the point of a romantic sub-genre where they don't even kiss?
I know right? Its infuriating. There are a ton of yuri anime, or "shoujo-ai", that get about as far as hand holding and cuddling before stopping. This is partially due to Japanese watershed, partially due to lesbianism being seen as a phase you grow out of, but mostly because ew girls kissing romantically.

I have watched quite a few yuri anime where they either never get to a kiss, or they die right after kissing. What often is the point, indeed.
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

'J'

Post by 'J' »

then why are you still watching it?
Yet still, I live...

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

Honestly? I don't really. Yuri anime almost never has a payoff, romantic build for nothing, and usually has a bad ending. It is a poor watch.

I read yuri manga instead, which due to not having to follow japanese watershed laws can have actual worthwhile romance. Not all of the time, but it knows its audience better. I shoulda been clearer on that, but yeah.

'J'

Post by 'J' »

Yet still, I live...