Post by Giz »

LarsenSan

Re: 14-02-17 Your health comes first

Post by LarsenSan »

OK, I think we need this pic:

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Nice corner these two seem determined to talk themselves into. However, the denial seems to be so intense with both of them that I now doubt that we'll see their mutual passion consummated in this sequence. In fact, this is pretty much an anti-Valentine strip, isn't it?

Dr. Zii looks perfectly plausible, but manages to be the least attractive version of Zii (for me) for a long time. I think it's the combination of the stern facial expression and the bunch. Neither suits her.

Also, Gary (a) has evolved to the point where he can not only drop terms like "erotic asphyxiation" into conversation, but do so without stammering, and (b) presumably didn't get to deploy the star power in the encounter with Peggy immediately after the one with Yuki (or in any others since).
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Nightmaster

Post by Nightmaster »

The denial is just in Zii's case.

For Gary he just now realize the situation he is in. For him is more a surprise.

There's still chance for some action on this sequence.

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:Nice corner these two seem determined to talk themselves into. However, the denial seems to be so intense with both of them that I now doubt that we'll see their mutual passion consummated in this sequence. In fact, this is pretty much an anti-Valentine strip, isn't it?
Depends on how you view Valentine's Day. I don't see this evolving into love, but perhaps a roll in the hay would be mutually beneficial as long as they agree to just that.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Zii still dropping hints... and Gary might have finally picked up on it. I feel that this has turned into the Ma3 equivalent of a slow burn relationship.

Still... there is a chance for this to be interrupted. I don't want this to stop mind you, but it feels like we are due for a random encounter.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

It definitely seems Gary has finally realized what drain they're circling. Now the question becomes, how will this get screwed up?
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

True_Avery wrote:Image
Please, explain.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

lordoffiling wrote:It definitely seems Gary has finally realized what drain they're circling. Now the question becomes, how will this get screwed up?
Well, they've both just hurtled backwards in a panic from any realisation. So all either or both of them has to do is keep back-pedalling, and nothing will happen for now.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Nightmaster

Post by Nightmaster »

They are now completely aware of the situation so lets see how they proceed from now on. I hope they at least try to kiss :ympray:

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

They may be aware of the situation, but they haven't openly admitted it. That's the next big jump. It looks entirely possible (from frame 4.5) that they will now just change the subject with great enthusiasm.
---------
Spidrift

Nightmaster

Post by Nightmaster »

Spidrift wrote:They may be aware of the situation, but they haven't openly admitted it. That's the next big jump. It looks entirely possible (from frame 4.5) that they will now just change the subject with great enthusiasm.
Or that they, or at least Zii since she is more a active individual, will try to break the ice here. Its entirely human to do a Leap of Faith sometimes.

Now I know this is a sex comedy comic, but this entire setup is quite old and like I said in the few times I posted here the most obvious ending of this comic is the pairing of Gary/Zii/Didi (the title of the comic says all in that matter) as some cameo appearence of trio in other works sugested.

Also, since we are talking about Gary here, theres a lot of problems to deal with before that final combo is achieved (Yuki, Sonya, Kiley and even Didi) and at this moment I feel it is the right time to really start Gary/Zii relationship.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

And, after having plunged through the searing atmosphere of its star at periastron, Planet Fuck escapes again along its highly elliptical orbit into the cold void.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Don, of course, is making a crucial point here; an orbit that passes through significant densities of stellar atmosphere at periastrion is not stable. Planet Fuck will crash and evaporate one day.

In the meantime, you really wouldn't want to live there.
---------
Spidrift