2017-01-10 Guilt free stuck on a desert island

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

BioYuGi

Re: 2017-01-10 Guilt free stuck on a desert island

Post by BioYuGi »

Do it Sandra. For all of us stuck in useless reality.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

...maybe text first?

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

:-o Did it get hot in here or is it just me?
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Jackass Mask

Post by Jackass Mask »

"To all the various gods in the immediate area, let us set the mood. Que the sunset. I want gentle breezes. Keep the waves to a mild crash but be ready to having a crashing in the background during the heavier bits. Please, lets do our best to keep any possible ocean life from biting toes or pinching skin. And somebody have Marvin Gaye, Barry White or at least some "Careless Whisper" floating gently through the night air."

"But won't it be odd to have music just appear from nowhere?"

"Tell that to the Goddess of Clothes who keeps appearing out of nowhere. Music would be less distracting than that macrophile's wet dream."

An example of one of the many conversations I have with myself where I pretend I can actually have some control over what I'm reading. Because I'm a crazy person.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

mm Sandy,

all you did that night is have your Beau Pierre
think of seeing that real nice Cammi's Derriere

would have been funny if Sandy had said "either Cammi's or Gary's"
ImageImage

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

*Screams so loud I pass out*
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

...'kay, not to be johnny-raincloud, but... am I the only one who notices Sandra is plastered at the moment? I get that there are those of you who really wanna see this happen, but wouldn't it be better if she sobered up first? :-\

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

Its not going to go anywhere - this is a broken ship sunk to the bottom of the ocean. Just let me have the hand holding
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

*runs into thread to give True_Avery first aid*

Sorry, it will have to be mouth-to-mouth resurrection. :P

*stands by for Osaru Sensei*

@Gotoh: Well, if Sandra sobers up, nothing is going to happen. Also, it's not like Cammi is actively trying to take advantage of her. Perhaps, next strip, she'll even object, referring to Sandra's state.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Now, of course, the problem with fantasies is that they're supposed to be fantasy. When they start coming true, you may well be in trouble.
Jackass Mask wrote:"To all the various gods in the immediate area, let us set the mood. Que the sunset. I want gentle breezes. Keep the waves to a mild crash but be ready to having a crashing in the background during the heavier bits. Please, lets do our best to keep any possible ocean life from biting toes or pinching skin. And somebody have Marvin Gaye, Barry White or at least some "Careless Whisper" floating gently through the night air."
Nicely imagined, but I'd invoke one nitpick. As I recall the video, "Careless Whisper" is about the tragic consequences of infidelity.* It ought to serve as a mood-killer here.

Edit: And for that matter, what does random play on my media player throw up at this moment? Only Dave Edmunds doing Elvis Costello's "Girls Talk". Got a loaded imagination/Bein' fired by girls talk/It's a more or less situation/Inspired by girls talk... My personal guess was that this scene was going to go somewhere, but I'll take this as a sign that TA may be doomed to disappointment after all.

*Well, that and '80s hair. Obviously.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Chandler: "How drunk are you?"

Monica: "Drunk enough I know I wanna do this, not so drunk that you should feel guilty about taking advantage."

Chandler: "... That's the perfect amount!"

Might Sandra be in a similar place in terms of her blood alcohol level? Or is that too much to hope for? :)
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'm sure that she's in exactly that place in the writer's eyes, because this is a comedy not an ethics parable.

I'm equally sure that if she does anything with Cammi, some people here will throw screaming wobblers because they're convinced otherwise.

Ironic coincidence: Note exactly where the coloured-art re-run of Girls With Slingshots has reached this week...
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

brasca

Post by brasca »

I know that got a bit heated over there.

Sandra has gotten it on drunk off her freckled ass before so I don't see this falling through because of ethics, but something else.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

On the other hand, this actually coming off could have equally comic potential as this failing, because you can bet that neither of these two would be able to remember that what happens on a desert island stays on a desert island.

(And what comes up on my media player now? Please remove that field grey coverall/Your works of nature are unnatural ... It starts with love for foliage and ends in camouflage...)
---------
Spidrift