2016-11-22 You've been in there all morning

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Re: 2016-11-22 You've been in there all morning

Post by 'J' »

well, that's a rather abrupt ending for the chapter.

i guess we're not gonna see the aftermath of domenico & zoe's fight, or whether sandra ever got over her bashfulness & did the shoot, or how they got off the island, or find out if zoe somehow managed to get sandra to the scheduled appearances.

ok
Yet still, I live...

brasca

Post by brasca »

I don't think it's the end of the chapter. For anyone who wonders why Alex isn't worried about his sister's disappearance this strip is the answer. He thinks she's been in her room the whole time and too passive to check.

For someone who's longed for clothes all weekend you'd think Lavali would be dressed by now.

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

I love the t-shirt references because they really throw off the timeline of these comics - this should still be... what, 2010 or 11 in comic time? And he has an overwatch shirt on, which means they all either get very little done over time or he's such a hardcore fan he had the shirt before overwatch was a known entity.

Not criticizing, its just amusing to me
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Lavali looks plenty happy to me. ^_^ Good for her!

SilentChaos87

Post by SilentChaos87 »

For someone so happy to have clothes again she sure is taking her sweet, sweet time getting any of them put on.
Tropemaster General
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition.
As a gamer I acknowledge and respect those who play for fun. So long as they acknowledge and respect that I also play to win.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Scrooge McDuck has returned to her Money Bin! :D
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

'J' wrote:well, that's a rather abrupt ending for the chapter.
Where does it say that this is the end of the chapter?
True_Avery wrote:I love the t-shirt references because they really throw off the timeline of these comics - this should still be... what, 2010 or 11 in comic time? And he has an overwatch shirt on, which means they all either get very little done over time or he's such a hardcore fan he had the shirt before overwatch was a known entity.
Comic-Book Time* is a thing. And not even a very new thing.

*Mandatory TV Tropes warning.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

showler

Post by showler »

True_Avery wrote:I love the t-shirt references because they really throw off the timeline of these comics - this should still be... what, 2010 or 11 in comic time? And he has an overwatch shirt on, which means they all either get very little done over time or he's such a hardcore fan he had the shirt before overwatch was a known entity.

Not criticizing, its just amusing to me
Every webcomic should be scripted so that you cannot read the comic without first reading a wikipedia entry on a floating timeline. Every single day.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

Lots of chores? Maybe Christophe can come over and help out!

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

Guys, I said in the post I wasn't criticizing - I know what a floating timeline is. I was merely making an observation on how if you consider the timeline of the comic from where it was set, the tshirts come across as particularly amusing

It appears while you were looking at tvtropes and wikipedia, the crux of my observation flew over your heads. You sure 'splain'd me a comic thing I've known forever, I'll tell you what.
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

If you wanna go with comic timeline, ma3 started in 2008 and this has only been a year since then (Gary's birthday as an indication), so if we discount floating timeline, it's 2009 currently and not 2010 or 2011, according to your last post.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

True_Avery wrote:You sure 'splain'd me a comic thing I've known forever, I'll tell you what.
Dem's da forumsplainin' ways. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

Eisu wrote:If you wanna go with comic timeline, ma3 started in 2008 and this has only been a year since then (Gary's birthday as an indication), so if we discount floating timeline, it's 2009 currently and not 2010 or 2011, according to your last post.
Fair nuff

rakedan

Post by rakedan »

So, Lavali's been "missing" for 2-3 days and Alex still doesn't know?
An idiot on internet with memory problem.