2016-11-18 Things were getting pretty heated

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

lordoffiling

Re: 2016-11-18 Things were getting pretty heated

Post by lordoffiling »

Oh gawd. I forgot how those two fight.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Dorgengoa
BANNED

Post by Dorgengoa »

Alright, even I admit that this level of flirting is starting to edge in the general direction of unfairness.
This is getting out of hand.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

C'mon, Cammi, give the girl a minute...

Also, I confess to not quite getting what Tati is going on about concerning "contraband". I mean, she may have this "You are supposed to be naked because Domenico wants to take nudes!" attitude, but calling it contraband and demanding it be taken off immediately? And then Cammi agrees that Tati is making sense??? :-\
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

when inside a chaos, common sense does not make sense

hope you sense what sensations are not nonsense
ImageImage

brasca

Post by brasca »

It's just as well this photo shoot is coming to an end. Sandra is sporting some nasty scrapes and there isn't anyone to cover it with makeup.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Don Alexander wrote:Also, I confess to not quite getting what Tati is going on about concerning "contraband". I mean, she may have this "You are supposed to be naked because Domenico wants to take nudes!" attitude, but calling it contraband and demanding it be taken off immediately? And then Cammi agrees that Tati is making sense??? :-\
1) Cammi likes to look at Sandra naked, but she wasn't being serious with her "makes sense" since
2) She was also expecting Tatiana's reaction in the next panel

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

brasca wrote:It's just as well this photo shoot is coming to an end. Sandra is sporting some nasty scrapes and there isn't anyone to cover it with makeup.
On the contrary, those scrapes and bruises could actually do wonders for her image. Just look at what it did for Lara Croft's image in the 'Tomb Raider' reboot. The cover art had her covered in scrapes and bruises, and the reception to her new look was overwhelmingly positive, because it made it easier to believe that she was the outdoorsy adventurous type.

Since Carmon Chamela seems to be a homage to Lara (with Sandra being her new model), I wouldn't be surprised if such a photo shoot had a similar impact for her image and DM Games (by extension).

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Sandra's definitely got into the habit of flirting with Cammi, we note.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Lavali beat on Sandra for trying to get some clothes? Can you say "overreacting"?

Also, I see Cammi hasn't given up on flirting with Sandra. Can I at least hope she's not going to do anything irresponsible?

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

LegendaryKroc wrote:Lavali beat on Sandra for trying to get some clothes? Can you say "overreacting"?
Well, Sandra's the reason she's there and, as far as Lavalii knows, she's stuck there with her until Sandra goes along with the shoot. So yeah, she's cranky, 'cuz she wants off the island so she can get back to her job.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Cammi is the only woman that can get Sandra to relax and experiment when she's not drunk, and Cammi understood when she found out about Pierre. So their casual flirting is just that.

On the other hand, great Tatyana scenes in Ma3 and SotR...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

@Zippy: #-o I feel like an idjit now. I was way too much focused on the word "contraband" to grok that someone saying "Sandra needs to get naked!" is obviously right up Cammi's alley.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

brasca

Post by brasca »

Gotoh wrote:
brasca wrote:It's just as well this photo shoot is coming to an end. Sandra is sporting some nasty scrapes and there isn't anyone to cover it with makeup.
On the contrary, those scrapes and bruises could actually do wonders for her image. Just look at what it did for Lara Croft's image in the 'Tomb Raider' reboot. The cover art had her covered in scrapes and bruises, and the reception to her new look was overwhelmingly positive, because it made it easier to believe that she was the outdoorsy adventurous type.

Since Carmon Chamela seems to be a homage to Lara (with Sandra being her new model), I wouldn't be surprised if such a photo shoot had a similar impact for her image and DM Games (by extension).
I thought the revised reboot of Carmen Chameleon dispensed with the post apocalyptic theme.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

@brasca: after rechecking: The company prez simply said to give the crowd what they wanted. So Carmon gets her power change abilities back and they axed the gore and death scenes. There was no mention of revising the game entirely.

The new version could simply be T-rated (instead of M, like Tristan was going for), a few scrapes would fit well within that range.