Eerie Cuties 11-05-16 Siren Brawl pg 12 of 12

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Giz
Site Admin

Eerie Cuties 11-05-16 Siren Brawl pg 12 of 12

Post by Giz »

New strip! http://www.eeriecuties.com/strips-ec/si ... re_to_come

Magick Chicks returns next week with a new Melissa(s) story! Fun stuff, promise! ^_^

Hm... page isn't showing up for me.

EDIT: Okay, new link above. Should work now.

Passing Through

Re: Eerie Cuties 11-05-16 Siren Brawl pg 12 of 12

Post by Passing Through »

'Tisn't showing up for me either.

Anyvays: It is good that the Dusky one stayed on the light side. :)

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Well this was fun and i liked the new characters introduced in this story, Tracy especially. Looking forward to the new Magic Chicks story next week.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Dusty, one of those girls (it pays to be nice to your sister, though, you gotta live with her) could benifit from that shirt of yours...

Looking forward to MC, and possible future EC stories.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

I am not sure about the reboot, but I'll give it a chance. This Siren Brawl story was fun. I especially like the fact that it was in color. As for that last panel; if Dusky is grossed out by his sister hugging him while bare breasted, he can at least take solace in the fact that he was wearing a shirt.
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

Insectoid

Post by Insectoid »

That seagull :))

Enjoyed this story! Looking forward to the next one.
For those curious: my avatar is an artistic rendering of a spaceship I drew for a primitive (by today's standards) multiplayer online game called XPilot. (More about both on my website.)

Bzzz.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Ravenhull wrote:Dusty, one of those girls (it pays to be nice to your sister, though, you gotta live with her) could benifit from that shirt of yours...

Looking forward to MC, and possible future EC stories.
Yeah, i was thinking the same thing.

brasca

Post by brasca »

MonCappy wrote:I am not sure about the reboot, but I'll give it a chance. This Siren Brawl story was fun. I especially like the fact that it was in color. As for that last panel; if Dusky is grossed out by his sister hugging him while bare breasted, he can at least take solace in the fact that he was wearing a shirt.
Considering what Dusky walked in on in the bonus strip the hug is preferable.

I've enjoyed this reboot and look forward to more Magic Chicks, but I hope this doesn't mean Sticky Dilly Buns will be set back until this new chapter finishes.

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Not quite the way I predicted, but... :-? close enough. :ymsmug:

Anyhoo, enjoyed the reboot and the new characters. Tracy wasn't as bad as Tiff made her out to be, which isn't surprising, all things considered. Here's hoping she becomes a regular.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:I've enjoyed this reboot and look forward to more Magic Chicks, but I hope this doesn't mean Sticky Dilly Buns will be set back until this new chapter finishes.
Well, the note on the last SDB strip (still) says that "the plan is to return sometime in May", which is worrying vague when one looks at it, but we're allowed some hope. And it says that part of the break plan was supposed to be building a buffer of strips, for whatever that signifies in terms of flex. And the heading there still says "Every T&F", so I guess we could get to wake up a little bit hopeful on Friday...
Last edited by Spidrift on Wed May 11, 2016 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

First off, great story! :ymapplause:

Secondly, Dusty, for just one second, close your eyes and imagine it's Tracy. ;) :P

Thirdly: Oscar for the best supporting role? Seagull? Tortoise? :D
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Don Alexander wrote:Dusty, for just one second, close your eyes and imagine it's Tracy. ;) :P
He'd still know it was his sister though. I get that it's a joke, but still... :|

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

I normally dislike being so critical but I can't get over how pretty much nothing at all was accomplished in this story.

I mean Tiff didn't really do any good, she just got Marine to move to another beach where she will keep killing people. I don't get how our hero can be satisfied by that. :-s

As for Marine herself we still don't understand her at all, why she kills humans, etc. She's fine with killing whole groups of men (and she couldn't possibly eat them all before they rotted) but saves Dusky because he's cute and that's it? I don't know about you but that really doesn't make her at all sympathetic, just baffling. :-\

Oh, and that is a REALLY big bee at the end there. ;)

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Varanus wrote:I mean Tiff didn't really do any good, she just got Marine to move to another beach where she will keep killing people. I don't get how our hero can be satisfied by that. :-s
Because lives were saved. For a heroine, that's an accomplishment. She and Tracy can't be everywhere or protect everyone, but their presence was enough to cause Marine to retreat.
Varanus wrote:As for Marine herself we still don't understand her at all, why she kills humans, etc. She's fine with killing whole groups of men (and she couldn't possibly eat them all before they rotted) but saves Dusky because he's cute and that's it? I don't know about you but that really doesn't make her at all sympathetic, just baffling. :-\
I didn't get the impression that she was meant to be sympathetic. We were given fair warning that there are cryptids who eat humans and that their sense of morality isn't the same as ours.

That doesn't necessarily make them evil, just different. From the cryptids' point of view, they're honestly not doing anything wrong. They need to eat and we happen to be their food source. It's simply a fact of their existence.

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

Gotoh, while I've disagreed with you in the past, this is definitely not one of those times. This is a clear case of blue and orange morality.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug: