2016-01-29 Call it a hunch

Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

brasca

Re: 2016-01-29 Call it a hunch

Post by brasca »

Nice work True_Avery and while I'm glad to see the plot focusing on Sandra's other nemesis again I'd love to see what Eva and Lavali have been up to. ;)

neneroi

Post by neneroi »

True_Avery wrote:There we go:
This is BEAUTIFUL. I use Photoshop from time to time, but I'd be incapable of doing a coloring job like this. Especially the skin tones. Yay for Art School, I guess? :-bd

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

Thank you! Art school may cripple me financially for life, but at least I can make pretty pictures
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

hightechartist

Post by hightechartist »

I thought Eloise was Marie at first.

I don't mean this as an insult to the artist, but if anyone could point out where they look different so I don't confuse them again in the future, that'd be very helpful.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

They are pretty similar. But Marie's hair is more disheveled and spikey - just look at the preceding comic.

Also, Eloise usually has harsher facial expressions.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Marie's hair is spikier and you can see her forehead while Eloise's bangs covers her forehead and they have differently designed eyes.

neneroi

Post by neneroi »

Eisu, it's quite interesting that you envision Nadine with purple hair.

I usually associate purple hair with Japanese anime. Anime artists use it very often, as well as other fantasy colors: there's blue hair, green hair, silver hair, etc.

On the other hand, the characters in mainstream Ma3 all appear to have hair in shades of black, brown, red and blonde... that is, real life hair colors. In the bonus art, that's how Giz seems to picture them:

http://zii.ma3comic.com/comics/mat20141 ... dgirls.jpg

(I put an URL link instead of a IMG link because this image is huge!)

So I was wondering... this choice of hair color for Nadine... does it mean you envision SOTR with more of an anime feel than main Ma3?

If that's the case... no wait, in any case... :p would you please please be so kind as to tell us what hair colors you visualize for the other specific characters of this series, such as Eva, Lavali, Zoe, Cammi, and the rest!?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

neneroi wrote:(I put an URL link instead of a IMG link because this image is huge!)
And let's not forget this is a PG-13 board and that image is somewhat NSFW. I guess it still falls under PG-13, though.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

While colour-coded hair is definitely a bit of a manga thing, do note that these characters are high-maintenance models and fashion industry hangers-on. A few hairstyle dyed to non-natural tones would be quite plausible - though probably not manga-style primary colours.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

nenero wrote:On the other hand, the characters in mainstream Ma3 all appear to have hair in shades of black, brown, red and blonde... that is, real life hair colors.
http://observer.com/2015/07/from-models ... -new-blue/
http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/news/b ... urple-hair

That is all.
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

AmiKobayashi

Post by AmiKobayashi »

Hehehe, luv those hairstyles, especially the lavender ones. A nice example of life imitating art!

Btw, I totally second the proposed motion: Eisu should tell us about the hair colors of all the new characters who appear in Sandra on the Rocks. And, since we are at it, their eye colors too! Pretty pretty please with sugar and cherries on top??? ;;)

neneroi

Post by neneroi »

Eye colors too?

Ohoh, I see what's your real goal...

You want to trick Eisu and coax the secret of Cammi's eyes out of him, don't you? :ymdevil:

AmiKobayashi

Post by AmiKobayashi »

Don Alexander wrote:grr grr leave grr
Don, are you really a fucking retard? I mean, not just one who acts retarded, but the real thing? Like, you were dropped on your head as a baby, or something? If you want me out, why don't you ban and be done with it?

I've met all sorts of mods in the net, but someone as weak sauce as you, that's a first.

You fly into spasms and declare threads closed after posting rants that read like they were written by a grade-schooler. You email me feverish private messages full of what I think are attempts at jeering (it's all so incoherent, I can't be certain) that conclude by telling me to leave the forum. I don't know what it is that hurt you so badly and made you so unhinged. Was it the Amber/Ruby thing? I've said a hundred times that it's not about incest, it's about love... but, judging by your messages, all that goes through your mind is sex, sex, incest, sex. Was it that Giz confirmed that you can't speak for her, and everything you write is just fan opinion? Were you that humiliated?

Dude, if you want me to gtfo so much, just take care of it yourself! Don't rant at me. Push the ban button. I don't really mind.

The only reason I've been writing here is to let Giz know that there are people who do understand her work and just want to watch the story unfold, happy to go along for the ride. Well, that, and also, perhaps, to spread among the fans some seeds of enlightenment. You know, bodhisattva style. Now that my job is done, I can return to the Nirvana of Japanese yuri forums.

Don't bother with more private messages, okay, Don? I don't like idiocy by email any more than I like it posted here. You don't need to write a pm to order me to leave. Just push that big, round, shiny ban button. Be gutsy. You can do it.
Last edited by AmiKobayashi on Thu May 12, 2016 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Cammi's eyes are sunglasses color. :P
ImageImage

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

WIP of the full page I'm doing. Erased some texture and softened some lines to do toning later and got base colors down for the characters. It's fun so far!

Lowres shot:

Medium res:
http://oi66.tinypic.com/14uslc.jpg