Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

01-04-16 Breathless with anticipation

Post by Shouri »

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Re: 01-04-16 Breathless with anticipation

Post by 'J' »

well, it's nice to see that dillon & jerzy have diffused any lingering hostility

also, new EC during the hiatus? you guys are too good to us.
Yet still, I live...

TJgalon

Post by TJgalon »

Man, I am confused if this page may be april fool or not, after seeing a few today, haha.
"Somebody just stake me now"

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It's the announcement at the bottom of the strip that was the gut punch for me. My favourite Pixietrix comic going on hiatus... Poo. And no, I'm afraid that my least favourite Pixietrix comic coming back for a while doesn't compensate.

And that after we didn't get any resolution to the Ruby/Andy confusion-based character development. A month or two's cliffhanger on that is no fun, I must say.

Anyhow, today we learned that (a) Jerzy has no more self-control than anyone else in this universe, the idiot, (b) Dillon is really desperate to avoid hanging out with Julian (surprise surprise), and (c) Dillon is capable of misquoting Rocky Horror, which even so probably counts as tempting fate under the circumstances. But why is Dillon worried about whether Angel would be jealous?

Oh, and yes, echoes of #151: in the visual composition of the strip, and in the use of the phrase "can't breathe".
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

sdb20160401.png
sdb20160401.png (204.83 KiB) Viewed 25228 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

TheResult

Post by TheResult »

You know, I genuinely couldn't tell if this was an April Fools strip or not, because this whole setup seems out of character for Jerzy, and yet not out of character for the writer.

If it's not an April Fool's comic, I'm honestly disappointed.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Self-control? What's that? Haha! Par for the course, I suppose.
Still, I'm more curious about how Ruby's awkward date was going...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

TheResult wrote:You know, I genuinely couldn't tell if this was an April Fools strip or not, because this whole setup seems out of character for Jerzy, and yet not out of character for the writer.

If it's not an April Fool's comic, I'm honestly disappointed.
Jerzy kept saying that he wasn't going to sleep with Angel again. Then he slept with Angel again.

He did a passable job of faking good sense on his first couple of appearances, but honestly, it's been clear for a while that he has no better self-control than the rest of them. Hell, he said early on that he liked Dillon for his Dillonishness, and he took a new date to watch a gig by his nutbar controlling ex-bedmate; those should have been big clues that he's really not all that smart.

Though it's his sister wiho seems really weird; her entire life seems to be driven by random changes of plan.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

TheResult

Post by TheResult »

I'd like to think that a character could lack good sense or some self control without cheating on the person they're seeing. Like, "I've got an incredibly important meeting in the morning and need to go home and get some sleep right now, oops Angel sent me a text of him wearing something sexy and I rushed over and we had sex against my better judgement, what a silly lack of self control I showed."

Not "I'm dating Angel, oops I just had sex with Dillon, what a silly lack of self control I showed."

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah, but this is The Ma3 Universe, feat. Dillon O'Brien. And Jerzy's relationship with Angel isn't a true romance with unfortunate complications; it's a fucked-up childhood friendship, overloaded by the determination of a creepy obsessive. (And even Dillon knows better than to let one of those go anywhere.) Jerzy must know at some level that it's a really bad idea -- so now he's letting himself be distracted from that really bad idea by a merely somewhat bad idea.
---------
Spidrift

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

While not in the same boat as Spi, I am a bit sad that SDB is taking a break, I was really curious to see Andy/Ruby continue.

Anyway, I guess we also get more confirmation that Felicia has son named Howard...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Okay, I'm not getting that "Howard" reference. Video game? Indifferent Hollywood movie?
---------
Spidrift

neneroi

Post by neneroi »

Well, suddenly, Angel's smooching with Richie doesn't look that bad.

I was a bit worried about what could happen to their relationship if Zii spilled the beans, but, now that both Angel and Jerzy have something to feel guilty about, I hope they will be able to forgive each other and make up.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Don Alexander wrote:While not in the same boat as Spi, I am a bit sad that SDB is taking a break, I was really curious to see Andy/Ruby continue.

Anyway, I guess we also get more confirmation that Felicia has son named Howard...

Okay, but is he a duck? :p
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

neneroi wrote:Well, suddenly, Angel's smooching with Richie doesn't look that bad.
Two wrongs always making a right...
neneroi wrote:I was a bit worried about what could happen to their relationship if Zii spilled the beans, but, now that both Angel and Jerzy have something to feel guilty about, I hope they will be able to forgive each other and make up.
More likely we'll get a screaming break-up with both parties feeling guilty.
---------
Spidrift