23-03-16 Great company

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

LonestarF1

Re: 23-03-16 Great company

Post by LonestarF1 »

Spidrift wrote:
Varanus wrote:Will MA verse comics ever have romantic relationships that don't result in cheating and/or breakups?
Comedy. Soap opera.

So I would say "no", except that there are actually one or two relationships that don't seem to be in danger yet.

Anyhow, Angel has actually played this okay so far, apart from the unfortunate matter of keeping it secret from Jerzy. It's been a dinner with a friend, ending in an affectionate kiss but no more than that. The fact that she has (admitted) impulses to go further doesn't make it cheating.
And really, considering that Jerzy isn't even comfortable enough in their relationship to admit to himself that they even are in a relationship, I don't think he'd have much of a leg to stand on if he were to find out.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I think that Jerzy has just about accepted the situation now. He said as much to Dillon, last time they met.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Chantaru wrote:I swear Montreal isn't REALLY a 5k ppl burb wth only 1 street where everyone knows each other. I have been on several dates with several ppl without ever meeting anyone I know.
It's Montreal in the Ma3 Universe... Everyone knows each other, everyone does everything within a 10km radio, everyone is attractive (even the ones that are written as repulsive are really not ugly, more like normal-looking) and everyone is between 1 and 5 in the Kinsey Scale (except Dillon who is a really solid 6)...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

CEOIII wrote:GOOD. I hope Zii takes pictures.
Why? Angel didn't do anything bad here.

More importantly, Zii would be a massive Hypocrite if she said anything, considering she cheated in a worse way.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Spidrift wrote:Anyhow, Angel has actually played this okay so far, apart from the unfortunate matter of keeping it secret from Jerzy. It's been a dinner with a friend, ending in an affectionate kiss but no more than that. The fact that she has (admitted) impulses to go further doesn't make it cheating.
You could be right, but I'm thinking a kiss on the lips, let alone a lengthy one like what we see (in the upper right panel they both have their eyes closed and are still kissing) would count as cheating to a lot of people.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Mmm. That kiss is ... dangerously long and serious, by the look of it. But still, (please remember this) a kiss is just a kiss (a sigh is just a sigh)... If Jerzy saw this, he'd be entitled to ask questions, and Zii is entitled to jump to conclusions. But if Angel backs off now, smiles ruefully, and says "that's enough", then harm would still be averted. Aside from the little matter of the witness.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

It's easier to forgive a kiss though.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Spidrift wrote:So I would say "no", except that there are actually one or two relationships that don't seem to be in danger yet.
The ending of the entire amalgamated Ma3 world is probably a breakthrough of Queen Anastasia, a renewed sack of Montreal, and Ramona and Jung standing on the smoking ruins, coming to the realization that they must now repopulate the world. :D
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Vengeance will be swift! Vengeance will be painful! :p
sdb20160323.png
sdb20160323.png (201.55 KiB) Viewed 20080 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Don Alexander wrote:The ending of the entire amalgamated Ma3 world is probably...
http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/boneularity_-_guest
Don Alexander wrote:...Ramona and Jung standing on the smoking ruins, coming to the realization that they must now repopulate the world. :D
Slight technical hitch there, yes?

brasca

Post by brasca »

Cortez wrote:
CEOIII wrote:GOOD. I hope Zii takes pictures.
Why? Angel didn't do anything bad here.

More importantly, Zii would be a massive Hypocrite if she said anything, considering she cheated in a worse way.
There's that, but Zii might want to look before leaping. If this date makes Angel more pleasant to deal with why mess up a good thing?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Zii isn't exactly dumb, but she's not a long-term thinker either. A lot of her story in these comics is about her learning that the way to deal with the consequences of her actions is not just to run away. But she's not there yet, so she'll probably take the quick profit here. Angel has been an ass to her; time to return some pain.

And anyway, she doesn't have to turn this into a big "revenge is mine, bwa-ha-ha" production number. She just has to show up to the meeting giggling, and tell Dillon what she saw.
---------
Spidrift

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Zippy wrote:
Don Alexander wrote:The ending of the entire amalgamated Ma3 world is probably...
http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/boneularity_-_guest
Not canon, nyah! :P
Zippy wrote:
Don Alexander wrote:...Ramona and Jung standing on the smoking ruins, coming to the realization that they must now repopulate the world. :D
Slight technical hitch there, yes?
Ah, well, my plotline involved a fictional (even in the Ma3-Verse) character smashing down the fourth wall and bringing forth the legions of hell... Making Ramona's insides less screwed and conventionally fertile should be the least of problems. :))

Okay, okay, I admit I did not think of that and am just waving my hands wildly here!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Spidrift wrote:Zii isn't exactly dumb, but she's not a long-term thinker either. A lot of her story in these comics is about her learning that the way to deal with the consequences of her actions is not just to run away. But she's not there yet, so she'll probably take the quick profit here. Angel has been an ass to her; time to return some pain.

And anyway, she doesn't have to turn this into a big "revenge is mine, bwa-ha-ha" production number. She just has to show up to the meeting giggling, and tell Dillon what she saw.
Agreed. If Zii does decide to reveal what she saw, it will probably be something small-scale and immediate. Every zany scheme we've seen her pull before has been a short-term solution to a problem that may not have been short-term, and she seems to really - to use a tired phrase - live in the moment.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Chances that Ms. Nielsen will try talking to her nemesis to make sure what's going on and/or refrain from immediately trying to screw her over... probably 0%.

Thus leading to the next stage of their fued, if Jerzy does indeed drop Angel like a hot potato and her heart is consequently broken.