Post by Shouri »

CEOIII

Re: 23-03-16 Great company

Post by CEOIII »

GOOD. I hope Zii takes pictures.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Aaaand the other shoe drops. Just not quite the other shoe some of us were expecting. Neat touch.

I assume that Zii will be unable to resist doing something with this intelligence, especially going by her final smile there. She mostly seemed to be the nearest person to the high ground in the deranged Angel-Jerzy-Dillon-Zii rancid farce, seeing Angel's attitude for the stupidity it is, so seeing her play revenge games may be a bit sad - but she may not go far overboard. She may just, say, happen to mention what she saw to Dillon, and then let things play out as they will.

One also notes that she's been seen a lot more in SDB than in Ma3 lately. Giz seems almost to be borrowing her and letting Dave01 run with the geek and sex farce gags with Gary and DiDi.

And, hmm, two strips to go to endof volume. I now suspect that the bookend echo may just be a line of dialogue - something about people getting hot under the collar, or something.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

This can not end well...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

brasca

Post by brasca »

There was some discussion that it would be Dillon, but Zii was always a possibility and apparently knows Angel's feminine persona well enough that she can spot her at some distance. Of course Zii once said "pictures or it didn't happen" and I don't see her with a camera, but information is power and if Angel thinks Zii has pictures that still gives her leverage. I'm a tad wary of this considering what happened the last time Zii was vindictive. I really don't want it to go that far and I'm sure the moderators don't too. Then again if Ruby asks Zii for advice she might be so preoccupied with relaying her expertise she'll forget to tell Dillon until after the meeting adjourns.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Blackmail is an ugly word, and anyway, Zii isn't a long-range thinker. She might try to put the screws on Angel, but I think it'd be more in character if she just dropped a bombshell where she thought it'd be most fun.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Possibly, but I still think it would be funnier if she completely forgets about what she knows to give Ruby advice and once she's back on the road home she'll be like, "Damn it I forgot all about Angel kissing that guy who wasn't Jerzy."

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

The last time we saw Zii on Ma3, she was scratching her itch with Matt... Since the comics are out of sync, i assume that already happened and she is driving from band practice to the yaoi club meeting...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:Possibly, but I still think it would be funnier if she completely forgets about what she knows to give Ruby advice and once she's back on the road home she'll be like, "Damn it I forgot all about Angel kissing that guy who wasn't Jerzy."
I get the feeling that the "advice to Ruby" phase of the meeting is over by now - well over, if Angel and Richie have had time to eat a relaxed dinner. Zii may just show up for the very end of the meeting. Somebody might contrive to mention Ruby's issue, but it's not at all certain.

Hmm. The volume is unlikely to hit a big climactic ending now, but it might set things up so volume 3 hits the ground running, with Zii arming Dillon with what he needs to go after Jerzy again, Ruby taking a deep breath prior to That Date Night, and I guess Amber getting the hang of having a live-in boyfriend (if Giz is interested in doing anything with Amber).

(I still can't quite convince myself that we won't see a visual reference to #151 next Wednesday, with Ruby and Andy... In which case, perhaps volume 3 will begin with a flashback?)
rogermart wrote:The last time we saw Zii on Ma3, she was scratching her itch with Matt... Since the comics are out of sync, i assume that already happened and she is driving from band practice to the yaoi club meeting...
Probably, though I don't think it's terribly important. I guess that if Zii uses this information for maximum nastiness, we could blame it on her being antsy over her lack of a satisfying sex life just now.
---------
Spidrift

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Oh, dear...

Sorry, I don't have any intelligent comments to make. This situation is way outside my expertise area.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Will MA verse comics ever have romantic relationships that don't result in cheating and/or breakups? Not that I'm all that invested in Jerzy/Angel but I figured we could at least count on Angel's single-target sexuality to keep her from stuff like this.
Last edited by Varanus on Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

Next page, Zii crashes her car into a telephone pole because she wasn't paying attention.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

rogermart wrote:The last time we saw Zii on Ma3, she was scratching her itch with Matt... Since the comics are out of sync, i assume that already happened and she is driving from band practice to the yaoi club meeting...
from 295 we can gather that she is on the way to meeting and rule of plot says she will tell Jacob about it sooner or later
ImageImage

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Varanus wrote:Will MA verse comics ever have romantic relationships that don't result in cheating and/or breakups?
Comedy. Soap opera.

So I would say "no", except that there are actually one or two relationships that don't seem to be in danger yet.

Anyhow, Angel has actually played this okay so far, apart from the unfortunate matter of keeping it secret from Jerzy. It's been a dinner with a friend, ending in an affectionate kiss but no more than that. The fact that she has (admitted) impulses to go further doesn't make it cheating.
---------
Spidrift

Chantaru

Post by Chantaru »

I swear Montreal isn't REALLY a 5k ppl burb wth only 1 street where everyone knows each other. I have been on several dates with several ppl without ever meeting anyone I know.