Dangerously Chloe 21-03-16 Your blood is haunted

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

joe england

Re: Dangerously Chloe 21-03-16 Your blood is haunted

Post by joe england »

Storm-forge mystique wrote:I suspect I'm the only one who hopes this will stick... of course, I doubt it.
You're not alone. I also fully advocate this as a lasting plot turn.

wallweasels

Post by wallweasels »

Zippy wrote:There's no indication that it's difficult for Chloe to turn into an incubus. She's just scared she'd be unable to turn back (and with only the equivalent of old wives' tales to back that fear up, yet!)
I don't remember this at all. To be fair, I have a pretty poor memory for this kinda stuff. Where was this stated? :o

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Zippy wrote:Looking back at the strip - http://www.dangerouslychloe.com/strips- ... erature_is - what happened is that (1) She energy-drained the paramedic ["John"] to tank up. (2) She crushed the driver's windpipe, possibly ripping into it given how claw-like her hands were looking before and the super-strength she showed in ripping through the partition. (3) If they both survived those, John was unanchored and probably unconscious on the ground when the ambulance smashed into the tree, and the driver was at best heavily stunned and not visibly wearing a seatbelt.

I think them both surviving would be like the parachutes coming out of shot-down planes in 80s cartoons...
See, I don't see it as being all that extreme for the following reasons:

1. Energy draining is not inherently deadly and we have no idea how much she took.
2. No marks are on the guy's neck, nor is his neck deformed, so she may not be squeezing that hard.
3. The crash plainly happened at quite a low speed given the small amount of damage to the vehicle (heck I was in a wreck at such a low speed that it didn't even cause the airbag to deploy and the front of the car was still more damaged than the front of that ambulance).

And really, having the first deaths in the comic be two paramedics killed by the main character would be pretty surprising for a story like this (it'd be another thing if they were random thugs for instance). Basically until it is confirmed they are dead I am holding out hope.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

:-? cousin? daughter of the sibling of Chloe's mom or dad, was never established if succubus can have kids who are just succubus, or they can have incubus too, only that the father's many times have a high mortality rate after finishing coitus
ImageImage

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

Kim go Scythe yourself

Dora roll over and die

Abby go to your room

Cranium

Post by Cranium »

I see a make over ... first thing to go is the bushy eyebrows, and then dye hair to color of eyebrows? Just a thought.
Have listed as friends: Artemisia, Bambikles, CFT, Don Alexander, Geeno, Gotoh, Insectoid, Schmorgluck, TJgalon, vampire hunter D
Tove is produced by Cassandra Wedeking's husband Severin Piehl click pic to partake of new comic.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self." - Cyril Vernon Connolly (Born 10 September 1903 - Died 26 November 1974).
Grace head on Blair Body

mittfh

Post by mittfh »

One major point to be resolved is who's going to attend school in Teddy's place?

Given Teddy and Abby's parents are AWOL, Teddy can't be seen to have an extended absence from school without someone noticing, so it's likely someone will be chosen to attend school in Teddy's place. Chloe attempted it last time (with the minor inconvenience of Lucretia turning up), and would probably be very reluctant to do so again.

Kimmy obviously has reaping duties to attend to occasionally, so would be out of the question.

That makes the obvious candidate 'Dora. But I somehow doubt she'd volunteer (even though Rule of Funny states she'd sink Teddy's reputation at school even lower...)

The other big question is how many strips it will take before Teddy returns to his normal form. I have a sneaky suspicion he'll transform back well before "he dies of old age"...

baymansk

Post by baymansk »

pbfhdude wrote:Anyone else noting some issues here?
well...since you asked? yes, but i didn't want to be rude pointing yours out ;)

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

Jesus Christ, for the sake of the sensitivity of most of the readers, I hope you all never read Ranma 1/2, or Needless, or Kampfer, or Trans Venus, or one of the other hundreds of series where this happens all the time and people don't get their overly-triggered panties in a bind.

Mackus

Post by Mackus »

To be fair to them, in most if not all of those series you gave as an example, our plucky hero(ine) has some measure of control over when he/she changes genders.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

either he comes back after a few days, or is permanent but finds out how to "change" at will
ImageImage

UnsightlyWalrus

Post by UnsightlyWalrus »

I'm sure he could be "healed" by blood transfusion or at the very least with that angelic energy drink that seems to be bring people back from the dead.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

Also I'm just gonna come out and say it, female Teddy may be the hottest female in the comic. Gigantic boobs which almost look bigger than Chloe's sometimes, freckles, cute haircut, and super thick lips? Winning combination.

Mutant for Hire

Post by Mutant for Hire »

I'm with the folks who don't consider a permanent transformation to be funny. It would make Teddy a transgender character with body issues. And given the lives that real transgender people lead, I find it hard to see the humor there.