Dangerously Chloe 21-03-16 Your blood is haunted

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Varanus

Re: Dangerously Chloe 21-03-16 Your blood is haunted

Post by Varanus »

pbfhdude wrote:And a few strips back we had a character with gay parents who had pretty much been brainwashed into thinking they were gay (what many anti-gay groups claim is the 'gay agenda').

Anyone else noting some issues here?
This again? Didn't the author outright say that is not what happened to the girl?
Cortez wrote:Also, it really starting to seem like Abbey doesn't care about Teddy. Even Pandora is showing some tact.
I wouldn't call what Pandora wanted to do tact. She just wanted the fun of telling him herself as far as I can see.

And like with most things, Abbey just isn't taking things seriously more than being malicious or uncaring.
FuzzyFace wrote:Look again at the comic I posted. Chloe says, "My blood gave you my shape-shifting power. But you've got no control over it yet, so it's defaulting to my form."

Logically, then, Teddi should be able to gain control over it and pick a different form.
Indeed, that would be a fun direction to take if this change ends up being life long. We could have a training arc. B-)

Dinnersaur

Post by Dinnersaur »

pbfhdude wrote:(Cause living with a body you don't feel right in is funny right?).
Yep. Any form of discomfort is a reliable source of humour, given the appropriate tone.

brasca

Post by brasca »

pbfhdude wrote:And again just like EC we have a male character forced to be female which is supposed to be 'funny'. Why is it always a likable male character picked on in EC/DC/MA3?

So we've had both Ace and Teddy forced to be women and looks like as with Ace Teddy is going to be forced to spend an extended amount of time as a woman' (Cause living with a body you don't feel right in is funny right?).
You forgot about Rain although he did it for love so that's not quite the same thing. Maybe a female character will be introduced who is forced to live like a male will be introduced in this or some other comic in the future, but it's an interesting direction and who knows Teddy might actually do better as a girl than a boy. Considering what he got from Chloe he's likely to have Triana's boyfriend eating out of his hand and making an enemy of her once again. Even if Teddy doesn't get Chloe's shapeshifting abilities at least he's got the body of a hot teen girl instead of a mousy wallflower who'll be the target of all the mean girls.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

FuzzyFace wrote:Look again at the comic I posted. Chloe says, "My blood gave you my shape-shifting power. But you've got no control over it yet, so it's defaulting to my form."

Logically, then, Teddi should be able to gain control over it and pick a different form.
It's still Teddy. Anyway, you forget that the story arc itself establishes he's still human and was not turned into a demon.

Which still means he can't be an incubus like you suggested. That said, who knows what else the ecto plasma did.
Varanus wrote: I wouldn't call what Pandora wanted to do tact. She just wanted the fun of telling him herself as far as I can see.
Look again then, because Pandora wasn't poking fun at Teddy, like Abbey clearly wanted to do. She's scolding Abbey over it even.

Pandora is letting Alchemy break it down to him gently. I don't see how she wanted the fun for herself or whatever.

She was also serious when it came to explaining what going on with Chloe.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

I suspect I'm the only one who hopes this will stick... of course, I doubt it.

Mutant for Hire

Post by Mutant for Hire »

I know! They can give him angel blood! That should make everything better.

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

Or just have yet more unpredictable effects. So, yeah, they should totally do that.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

ATheok

Post by ATheok »

Dinnersaur wrote:
pbfhdude wrote:(Cause living with a body you don't feel right in is funny right?).
Yep. Any form of discomfort is a reliable source of humour, given the appropriate tone.

yeah, yeah... Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon, Jerry Lewis, endless dismal British 'in drag', 'cross dressing', 'transvestites' or 'drag queens' have been portrayed or forced into portraying themselves as the opposite gender ad nauseam.

What was funny in "Some like it Hot" got very old and boring long long ago. What is portrayed as 'funny' is just someone's idea of stupidity, social idiocy with "shoe on the other foot" moral lessons.
pbfhdude wrote:And again just like EC we have a male character forced to be female which is supposed to be 'funny'. Why is it always a likable male character picked on in EC/DC/MA3?

So we've had both Ace and Teddy forced to be women and looks like as with Ace Teddy is going to be forced to spend an extended amount of time as a woman' (Cause living with a body you don't feel right in is funny right?).
Yup, Ace's and Teddy's afflictions are similar and just as strained.

So Teddy either transfers schools where he can attend as a girl or
Teddy attends his school as a new girl letting his 'guy' grades disappear along with any chance of graduating; no history of school means insufficient credits to graduate. or
Teddy learns how to change his body back to male before school starts or perhaps takes a day off to learn. And
Teddy does the full incubus switch or he also self suffocates sucking his mammaries in, giving Naomi more fits.

I am curious just what is meant by 'haunted blood'? There must be more to come on that topic; and since no one tells Teddy, or us, anything in advance, that means he discovers the dirty secrets in action. What we used to call "on the job training". No wonder Teddy is beginning to desire a full anti-social hermit existence.

Abby is just acting like adolescent siblings always do. They're never truly malicious as they never truly understand the bad long term effect if the situation gets out of hand; e.g., Teddy and Abby almost dying. Abby's current view of death is most unnerving. Though there is the notion that Pandora and Chloe are well on the way to teaching Abby to be a demon spawn succubus.

Alchemy seems most unemployed right now. Are people still waiting for her? Some accident or gunshot victim is dead, but not dead yet?

Teddy should just go full incubus, take care of Chloe's problem now that is blood is haunted and presumably more resilient, take Alchemy out on the heavy date she desires.
Then Teddy can go to school and use his gender changing ability to 'associate' with the ladies and find out exactly how to best approach them, sincerely.

Afterwards, Teddy and Chloe can work out what a 'girl friend' contract means and set up a home for Abby, wayward succubi, angels and reapers while Teddy and Chloe attend their advanced schools.

One does wonder what other sprites and spirits we can expect to arrive in the future? Gabrielle is linked through Naomi which links in the 'Magick Chicks' and by default the 'Eerie Cuties'. Which is a good thing as I'm sure that any hell spawn of Chloe and Teddy would need a place to attend school for a new generations of both Magick Chicks and Eerie Cuties.

Poor Teddy, he knows not what awaits him.
Mutant for Hire wrote:I know! They can give him angel blood! That should make everything better.

Ooh! I like that idea!

Why not? Perhaps Teddy could be a first; a primatangeluccubusreaper!

Maybe Teddy is destined for some special ability that the quad-blood gives him?

And, Pandora can get the blood! Zachuriel will just think he's been bitten a little harder and he won't mind a bit.

Double post merged. The DAMNed

knite

Post by knite »

There's only 1 possible solution for this: MORE ECTOPLASM AND SUCCUBUS BLOOD!!! (maybe some angel too)

Judanas

Post by Judanas »

Teddy Decarlo, you have to get out of here! Your blood is haunted!

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Mutant for Hire wrote:I know! They can give him angel blood! That should make everything better.
why stop there??????????????? we might as well give him a witch's blood from his(or is now her??) first crush and maybe we can ask for a werewolf and a vampire LOL
ImageImage

Kenny_Uroboros

Post by Kenny_Uroboros »

from someone named wiseguy that doesn't sound too wise. I mean, why stop there?

why dont they ask a mummy for its blood, or a lamia. That may actualy be interesting.

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

JFC, Alchemy.
I thought Reapers are supposed to end lifes, not *mess them up*.
Meh. Thankfully this happens only now, when I'm prone to getting busy so I can indeed temporarily drop the comic for a while if it really gets to me.
ATheok wrote:

Ooh! I like that idea!

Why not? Perhaps Teddy could be a first; a primatangeluccubusreaper!

Maybe Teddy is destined for some special ability that the quad-blood gives him?

And, Pandora can get the blood! Zachuriel will just think he's been bitten a little harder and he won't mind a bit.
Going by Supernatural, if we put EVERYTHING in him, he should be a Leviathan, I think?
ATheok wrote:
Dinnersaur wrote:

yeah, yeah... Tony Curtis, Jack Lemmon, Jerry Lewis, endless dismal British 'in drag', 'cross dressing', 'transvestites' or 'drag queens' have been portrayed or forced into portraying themselves as the opposite gender ad nauseam.

What was funny in "Some like it Hot" got very old and boring long long ago. What is portrayed as 'funny' is just someone's idea of stupidity, social idiocy with "shoe on the other foot" moral lessons.
I've made a big post on this possibility the last time.
Frankly, the dichotomy between glorifying and often portraying as tragic the struggles of a transgender/transsexual character in fiction while treating flipping someone 'perfectly normal' gender over doesn't really sit all that well with me.

And a few strips back we had a character with gay parents who had pretty much been brainwashed into thinking they were gay (what many anti-gay groups claim is the 'gay agenda').

Anyone else noting some issues here?

p.s. Also again Abby is proving to be a HORRIBLE person.
I actually liked Teddy the most of our protagonist, but I kept reminding myself he lives in a universe where switching a guy's orientation or biological gender is no big deal. Wonder what they'll do with Alex in Sandra on the Rocks now. Probably some uncomfortable experience in homoerotica or drag. Oh well xP

Abby was terrible for the last several arcs. Seriously, this is beyond sibling issues, it feels like at times she straight up doesn't mind what happens to Teddy. She wanted to take his 'get-alive' drink, now makes fun of this... It's like Pandora is her parent or something.
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

Mackus

Post by Mackus »

Cortez wrote:

It's still Teddy. Anyway, you forget that the story arc itself establishes he's still human and was not turned into a demon.

Which still means he can't be an incubus like you suggested. That said, who knows what else the ecto plasma did.
But he didn't say Teddy is an incubus. He didn't say Teddy turned into demon. He directly quoted comic, by pointing out Teddy was granted shape-shifting power, but no conscious control over them.
He isn't telling Teddy to become incubus. He is telling him to gain control of his new shape-shifting power. Power which we were already told he has.

Chloe could, in theory, change to any humanoid form, even fully male one, if she desired so. We don't know how hard is it for succubi to fully master their shape-shift powers. Two days of heavy practice? Two weeks? Two months? Full course at Succubus Academy with written test at the end?

I think they'll have Teddy master shape-shifting rather than just turn him back to normal or make him stuck as woman, because shape-shifting hero is convenient fuel for wacky antics that would fit well with general theme of the comic.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Maechris wrote:...

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Indeed.

I protest this caving in to the violent FemTeddy-approving mob!!!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)