Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: 11-03-16 For a good cause

Post by Azrael »

And Dilly-bar goes viral. :ymdevil:
sdb20160311.png
sdb20160311.png (161.07 KiB) Viewed 21807 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

Great, now I want to stop at Dairy Queen.

It is nice to see Ruby actually being sympathetic and grateful to Dillon again. It's a nice little flash of self-awareness on her part.

Although he probably shouldn't have tried showing Ruby deep-throating so early in things.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah, it's nice to see that Ruby is no more perfect than the rest if the cast, but is at least smart enough to know when things ought to be better.

I suspect that "deep-throating" was a bit of Dillon hyperbole rather than a literal description of what he did. Otherwise, he's just applied freezing cold temperatures to the back of his throat, and he looks far too comfortable for me to believe that.

Nonetheless, that is definitely a video that Dillon doesn't want getting onto the interwebs when he's a famous serious ack-torr.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

I suspect that Dillon is wrong about who Angel is on a date with.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

That's a good point; Angel had that promise with Richie, if Giz is still running with that. It was supposed to be the night after the pet shop scene, but maybe it got deferred, or maybe Richie and Angel found an excuse for another. If Dillon bumps into Jerzy this evening, I could just see him saying "Oh, I assumed that you were the one with whom Angel was on a date" with unworthy but understandable pleasure.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Zii is running late because of Matt? or practice? I guess we'll see it in Ma3...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I think that the comics are way out of synch at present, and Zii hasn't been around in Ma3 for a while anyway. I reckon that her absence is purely a plot contrivance, because she'd have cluttered up this scene just gone (which had plenty of characters present as it was) and changed the tone of the conversation too much.
---------
Spidrift

ThePonyGuy

Post by ThePonyGuy »

I love the fact that Dillon's the straight man in all this.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:That's a good point; Angel had that promise with Richie, if Giz is still running with that. It was supposed to be the night after the pet shop scene, but maybe it got deferred, or maybe Richie and Angel found an excuse for another. If Dillon bumps into Jerzy this evening, I could just see him saying "Oh, I assumed that you were the one with whom Angel was on a date" with unworthy but understandable pleasure.
Very likely since Ramona abruptly corrects her statement.

At least this confirms that Angel is still in the yaoi club, but will offer no advice. Zii should have some words of wisdom, but I don't know how much she can impart if this volume is ending in 6 more strips.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I suspect that we'll get a cut away from the club soon, to set up more about the date.
---------
Spidrift

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Dillon the straight man? How can this be?!

Anyway, knowing this comic, whoever Angel's on a date with may well be left deliberately ambiguous so we keep talking about who it might be.

brasca

Post by brasca »

I don't think there's any ambiguity. It's probably Richie. She promised to go on a date with him and she wants to keep it a secret. Jerzy would probably be cool about it even if he knew, but Angel probably suspects that if the secret got out to Dillon he would definitely exploit it to try to undermine their relationship. Angel is quite paranoid.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The Richie date was for the night immediately after the pet shop encounters, though. And there's no reason why Angel wouldn't be on a date with Jerzy. And Giz might just have wanted Angel out of the way for this scene, to keep things simple.

On the other hand, Angel specifically wanted Jerzy not to know about the Richie date from the moment it was arranged. Paranoia? Rational doubt about Jerzy's uncertainty about their relationship? Who knows?

So, there's room for uncertainty here. We'll just have to wait and see.
---------
Spidrift

brasca

Post by brasca »

True, but the date could've been postponed if Angel thought Ruby might spill the beans to Dillon.