Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

09-03-16 Fairly accurate

Post by Shouri »

Teppic

Re: 09-03-16 Fairly accurate

Post by Teppic »

Hate to be THAT guy, but I registered to alert you, so hell, I have to. The speech ballon in the second panel is badly placed :(

CEOIII

Post by CEOIII »

C'mon, Dil, let Julian lick your Popsicle.

Shaows

Post by Shaows »

Is it me or is the first speech bubble in the second panel attached to the wrong person?

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Teppic wrote:Hate to be THAT guy, but I registered to alert you, so hell, I have to. The speech ballon in the second panel is badly placed :(
I've made the change but we have varnish cache on the server and it might not show up right away. Sorry about that.

Teppic

Post by Teppic »

No problem there, the pixie trix lurking association is happy to help :)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ah, good - the Ramona-Jung relationship is ongoing. Plenty of opportunity for Gary or Zii to have their brains melted.

Also, it's clear that Ruby has transitioned completely from "Wah! Sex! I can't handle this!" to "Okay. Sex. How do I do this right?". Very Ruby, and her blushing thanks are very cute. I'm now pretty sure that, whatever Andy actually meant by "the next level", he's going to discover what Ruby understood by it.

Which merely leaves Dillon's ongoing panic. Oh, and Ramona's tendency to objectify him - addressing him as "Mascot" does keep him in his place...

Hmm. No sign of Zii yet, and only six strips to go to the end of the volume. (And I'm really betting that strip #300 will echo strip #151 visually and quite closely.) Things may start moving along a bit briskly now.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

It's better than violator-san. And in Dillon's case not completely undeserved.

Hopefully, Ruby will get as good as she gives. Of course Ruby has no prior history so she can't compare Andy's technique to Gary's so that works in his favor.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I suspect that, barring outright disaster, Ruby will be too busy thinking "oh yes, this is actually quite nice after all" to worry about whether it's perfect. Though if Andy is an inexperienced as he seems, things may run frustratingly brief. Especially if Ruby has done too good a job ... relaxing ... him.

Ah heck. They're Canadian. They can just break out the maple syrup.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

I'm hoping we see Ray again in #300.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

IT'S NO WONDER YOU CAN'T HEAR ME WHEN YOU ARE SHOUTING SO LOUDLY!!!

Also, seems Ramona-Jung is an ONGOING thing!!!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I guess that the point is that those two are both outrageously sensible. Why stop doing something when it worked out so well the first time around?

Other details to note: (a) The symbolic sweat-beads on the heads of Dillon's audience in panel 1. (b) Dillon's joy at realising that he got himself an appreciative and grateful audience.
---------
Spidrift

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

A little too appreciative in Julian's case. Hence Dillon's "La la la la, I can't hear you Julian!" in the last panel.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

Hahahah Dillon has become the Matt of his own strip! (People coming to himf or sex advice)

Amusing! Hopefully no one comes ot himf or...relationship advice...no offense Dil

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

themacnut wrote:A little too appreciative in Julian's case. Hence Dillon's "La la la la, I can't hear you Julian!" in the last panel.
Well yes. Obviously. Dillon has achieved something he dreams about, and is getting the traditional comedy "be careful what you wish for" moral as a direct result.
---------
Spidrift