19-02-16 Care to share

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Spidrift

Re: 19-02-16 Care to share

Post by Spidrift »

themacnut wrote:Sheesh, unless someone comes up with a better first-time story real quick Ruby may be put off even the idea of having sex forever. Or at least for a good long while.
The funny thing is, I don't think she will be. Although she won't thank either of these two loons for their help.

It's pretty clear that she already knows what answer she wants and expects; she just wants some reassurance. She's likely to carry on asking the same question of different people until someone (Zii?) gives her that answer, and hopefully adds some advice on how to minimise the physical and emotional discomfort. It's just that she's got to kiss a lot of frogs before she finds her prince.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:Well, that'll teach us to assume that Ramona was over-protected by Angel or too lacking in the comic's generic cuteness to get any. Which was silly of us, really; she's in no way hideous. And, of course, it's a reminder that Ruby's inexperience isn't simply a function of her relative youth and introversion.
Well this is Montreal. Perhaps the reason Gary was a virgin for as long as he was location. Ottawa might not be as hot to trot.
Spidrift wrote:Anyway, does this mean that we're going to get "first time" stories from the entire club membership? And if so, will Zii's really traumatise Ruby?
Or it might put her mind at ease. You'd expect an incredible story of her first heterosexual experience, but it might have been fairly lackluster and the pain in question is momentary and quickly followed by intense pleasure.
Spidrift wrote:
PMental wrote:I don't get it? Why is she freaked out by that?
The problem is that Dillon just used the exact same phrase. It must seem to her like everyone wants to tell her the same disturbing story.

(It has to be said that Ramona doesn't exactly make it easy for her there. I'm sure that if you asked most non-virgins about their first time, they wouldn't start by describing the moment of penetration in inch-by-inch detail. It's a bit disturbingly clinical. One should at least attach a name or a description to the person in possession of the inches, and ideally provide a little context. Oh well, comedy.)
Ramona dismisses the pain and then begins talking about the first inch so while similar to Dillon's first time experience she doesn't contradict what she first said. Perhaps she was going to provide clarification before Ruby freaked out again.
Spidrift wrote:
Ilvy wrote:Freaked out by the possibility of pain? I thought it was quite obvious...
Well, that too. And the yaoi may have been the opposite of helpful to her there, given where she started; if she imagines sex as something performed by notably macho, virile, and well-endowed men, the chance of it being scary must seem greater.
Spidrift wrote:
Ilvy wrote:Sex seems to be a big unknown to her.
Bear in mind that she's spent years not only avoiding sex, but avoiding thinking about sex. Now, all of a sudden, she keeps being confronted by the reality. Can't blame her for feeling a little overwhelmed.
Well that and in yaoi they are doing some things that Ruby would not likely agree to until she became a little more sexually adventurous. Other things are anatomically impossible for Ruby so she probably doesn't know what to expect.
Artemesia wrote:Ruby...are you SURE you wouldn't rather learn about Didi and Kiley's activities instead :p
As much as we would both like to see that I think if there was any alternative at this point it would be Zii.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:Well this is Montreal. Perhaps the reason Gary was a virgin for as long as he was location. Ottawa might not be as hot to trot.
I thought that the implication of the early strips was that Gary had been living in that same apartment for months or years. Let's face it, Gary's problem was Gary. He could have been living in Orgytown on Planet Orgy, and he still wouldn't have got any until he started getting kicks up the arse on a regular basis.
Spidrift wrote:Anyway, does this mean that we're going to get "first time" stories from the entire club membership? And if so, will Zii's really traumatise Ruby?
Or it might put her mind at ease. You'd expect an incredible story of her first heterosexual experience, but it might have been fairly lackluster and the pain in question is momentary and quickly followed by intense pleasure.
My point was that Zii's story might involve Amber, and/or possibly Amber's bedroom, in at least a peripheral role. It'd certainly be set in Ruby's home town at around the time that Ruby started feeling that the world was ignoring her.

I mean, I'm sure that Zii could set Ruby's mind at rest about sex in general. Zii is naturally relaxed on the subject, and has just enough empathy to realise that going on about the briefly stressful bits is no damn way to make Ruby comfortable. But her specific recollections might just possibly confuse the issue.
Ramona dismisses the pain and then begins talking about the first inch so while similar to Dillon's first time experience she doesn't contradict what she first said. Perhaps she was going to provide clarification before Ruby freaked out again.
Ramona seems sweet enough, but she's a little lacking in empathy. Well, she's young, and a bit nerdy. Ask her to describe something and she goes into fine detail without regard for how her listener might feel about what she's describing.
Well that and in yaoi they are doing some things that Ruby would not likely agree to until she became a little more sexually adventurous. Other things are anatomically impossible for Ruby so she probably doesn't know what to expect.
One still has to wonder if Ruby will bring in Rudy, as someone who won't be as easily disabled by fear as herself.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

brasca

Post by brasca »

If Andy is willing to role play then that might help, but if Ruby is concerned about pain I think getting her starfish punched would be worse.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I suspect that it's Andy would have the weirder and less comfortable experiences from that encounter. I imagine that Rudy tops. Ask Ray how that works.

But we don't know exactly what ideas Angel whispered in Ruby's ear...
---------
Spidrift

brasca

Post by brasca »

Perhaps, but even if Andy is agreeable to this Rudy would have to learn how to use a strapon. There's at least 2 people who could possibly educate her on that, but is Ruby willing to go so far as embarrass herself impersonating a man just to avoid the pain of her first experience?

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Artemisia wrote:Ruby...are you SURE you wouldn't rather learn about Didi and Kiley's activities instead :p
Sooo, you want her to wind up with Didi and wind up in more pain, as Kiley can testify to? :p
Well, no...I'd say she should end up with someone not the level of Didi...but still ;)
brasca wrote:
Artemesia wrote:Ruby...are you SURE you wouldn't rather learn about Didi and Kiley's activities instead :p
As much as we would both like to see that I think if there was any alternative at this point it would be Zii.
Yeah, Zii is the best alternative, but that would be rather awkward wouldn't it?
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

brasca

Post by brasca »

Right because even if Ruby was willing to experiment I doubt she'd want to be with someone who was with her sister multiple times... But we can always dream. ;)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:Perhaps, but even if Andy is agreeable to this Rudy would have to learn how to use a strapon. There's at least 2 people who could possibly educate her on that, but is Ruby willing to go so far as embarrass herself impersonating a man just to avoid the pain of her first experience?
Who knows? Ruby seems to be a little more naturally kinky than even she quite expects, and one of her virtues is doing the reading and following instructions. And Angel has already given her brief but evidently detailed pointers. I think that her ability to surprise both her friends and the audience has not yet been tested to the limit.

(Heck, we're still awaiting the complicated moment when Amber discovers that she was fooled by Rudy.)
---------
Spidrift

DrAngryEd

Post by DrAngryEd »

I'd love to see next strip a little peek into Ramona's memories...as a fan of chubby cuties I am interested :)
"Dreams do not vanish, so long as people do not abandon them."

Captain Phantom F. Harlock I

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It's occurred to me how the "first inch" gag could come back around. Dillon meets Ruby the morning after her crucial night, and asks "How was your first..." and gets the answer "Oh, the first inch wasn't so bad. I rather enjoyed it, actually. Mind you, the tenth inch was a bit of a stretch..."
---------
Spidrift