Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

19-02-16 Care to share

Post by Shouri »

PMental

Re: 19-02-16 Care to share

Post by PMental »

I don't get it? Why is she freaked out by that?

Derfman

Post by Derfman »

Apparently she has a phobia of penises. She just doesn't go around mutilating their owners like one of the other characters we all know and fear. :p

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Well, Ruby, give them an inch and they'll take a mile. :p
sdb20160219.png
sdb20160219.png (123.51 KiB) Viewed 23018 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Ilvy

Post by Ilvy »

PMental wrote:I don't get it? Why is she freaked out by that?
Freaked out by the possibility of pain? I thought it was quite obvious...Sex seems to be a big unknown to her. At least het sex - with all the yaoi she has read, she must've learned SOMETHING, right? Then again, she projects a lot, but when it comes to herself and the very real possibility of sex with a guy, that's a whole different matter.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, that'll teach us to assume that Ramona was over-protected by Angel or too lacking in the comic's generic cuteness to get any. Which was silly of us, really; she's in no way hideous. And, of course, it's a reminder that Ruby's inexperience isn't simply a function of her relative youth and introversion.

(Though she does seem curiously quick to think that Dillon might have done something to disturb Ruby. Which seems oddly suspicious of her.)

Anyway, does this mean that we're going to get "first time" stories from the entire club membership? And if so, will Zii's really traumatise Ruby?
PMental wrote:I don't get it? Why is she freaked out by that?
The problem is that Dillon just used the exact same phrase. It must seem to her like everyone wants to tell her the same disturbing story.

(It has to be said that Ramona doesn't exactly make it easy for her there. I'm sure that if you asked most non-virgins about their first time, they wouldn't start by describing the moment of penetration in inch-by-inch detail. It's a bit disturbingly clinical. One should at least attach a name or a description to the person in possession of the inches, and ideally provide a little context. Oh well, comedy.)
Ilvy wrote:Freaked out by the possibility of pain? I thought it was quite obvious...
Well, that too. And the yaoi may have been the opposite of helpful to her there, given where she started; if she imagines sex as something performed by notably macho, virile, and well-endowed men, the chance of it being scary must seem greater.
Ilvy wrote:Sex seems to be a big unknown to her.
Bear in mind that she's spent years not only avoiding sex, but avoiding thinking about sex. Now, all of a sudden, she keeps being confronted by the reality. Can't blame her for feeling a little overwhelmed.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Treader

Post by Treader »

They just use the studio unnoticed, then... it is the same place that just lets anyone wander in during filming, so I'm not too surprised.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

That was mentioned previously. Ruby has at least realised that this demands a little tact. It does seem a little weird, but presumably assorted people called in some favours. Whether it has any real plot significance remains to be seen.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I see Hedwig is getting around. That's one angry inch!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Ruby...are you SURE you wouldn't rather learn about Didi and Kiley's activities instead :p
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Treader

Post by Treader »

Spidrift wrote:That was mentioned previously. Ruby has at least realised that this demands a little tact. It does seem a little weird, but presumably assorted people called in some favours. Whether it has any real plot significance remains to be seen.
Must have missed that, as a scene transition I only thought happened, and even earlier, when she locks them out and the next strip is Zii turning up. Why the studio has an old-timey ... door-hole* is anyone's guess.

*Whatever those slidey things you see in gangster movies are called.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'd just call it a peep-hole. And I've never been in that sort of studio changing room, but I guess it might make sense. The room occupant will be getting dressed and undressed, having their hair done, and all sorts of stuff they wouldn't want random gawpers seeing - but they'd still want to admit make-up artists, dressers, and friends. So knowing who's outside, knocking, could be useful.
---------
Spidrift

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Artemisia wrote:Ruby...are you SURE you wouldn't rather learn about Didi and Kiley's activities instead :p
Sooo, you want her to wind up with Didi and wind up in more pain, as Kiley can testify to? :p

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Sheesh, unless someone comes up with a better first-time story real quick Ruby may be put off even the idea of having sex forever. Or at least for a good long while.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »