Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

29-01-16 Give us the action

Post by Shouri »

Mutant for Hire

Re: 29-01-16 Give us the action

Post by Mutant for Hire »

Poor Ruby. It's like those movies that have been edited for television or the MPAA, cutting off just as things are about to get good.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

DUDE! quiet on the set!
Yet still, I live...

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

That's a paddlin'
sdb20160129.png
sdb20160129.png (106.55 KiB) Viewed 23201 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Azrael wrote:That's a paddlin'
Andy should be so lucky. And poor Ruby - she doesn't ask for much in the way of pleasures in life...

One does have to wonder (a) why and how Andy was allowed into a working studios mid-filming, and (b) why nobody told him that you do NOT making a noise during shooting. More to the point, is the comic realistic enough to cover that, or will it just be skated over?

Not that I'm complaining about the scene generally; the question of whether Ruby wants a boyfriend, and if so, what she wants to do with him, is one of the interesting bits about her ongoing character development. I still reckon she could do a lot better than Andy, though.

Oh, and Ray's character isn't "Gayman". Just "The Gay Defender". Riiiiight.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Pffft~ ^_^ Action, indeed.
Sorry, Ruby, but your own 'love life' is not taking a break while you watch your fantasy match-ups.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

So Ruby's love life is something that she has to have, whether she wants it or not?

(I suspect that Dillon would say Yes to that, if he was asked and could do so politely. But then, that would remove his right to complain much about her dabbling in his love life...)

Hmm. How will Andy react to the news that Ruby will be sharing a bed with Dillon more or less full time now? With weird envy, quite likely. But if it crosses Ruby's mind that she can and should go out and buy that bed for herself now, I'll bet that Andy will tag along to help. Leading to lots of possible embarrassing misunderstandings in the shop, as they are perceived as a couple buying a bed together...
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:
Azrael wrote:That's a paddlin'
Andy should be so lucky. And poor Ruby - she doesn't ask for much in the way of pleasures in life...

One does have to wonder (a) why and how Andy was allowed into a working studios mid-filming, and (b) why nobody told him that you do NOT making a noise during shooting. More to the point, is the comic realistic enough to cover that, or will it just be skated over?

Not that I'm complaining about the scene generally; the question of whether Ruby wants a boyfriend, and if so, what she wants to do with him, is one of the interesting bits about her ongoing character development. I still reckon she could do a lot better than Andy, though.

Oh, and Ray's character isn't "Gayman". Just "The Gay Defender". Riiiiight.
It's possible that Ruby is in the control room where you can talk. It's still notable that he can walk into the studio so maybe he's been visiting frequently.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Do film studios (as opposed to sound recording studios) have sound-insulated control rooms?

As to how Andy got in - if it gets explained at all, I'd guess that Amber walked him through security. She's evidently got a pass (not surprising as she's doubtless worked there herself), I imagine that the occasional guest visitor is allowed, and Ruby and Andy have been hanging out together long enough now that Amber could know him to say hello to. Andy calls and says "Is Ruby home?", Amber says "She's looking after Dillon today, come on down and I'll sign you in". Or maybe Dillon did much the same.
---------
Spidrift

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Not during actual shooting, not so much. Later for the foley artists, maybe.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Moruno

Post by Moruno »

Shouri wrote:Strip!
*strips*
I just couldn't resist.

Mordhaus

Post by Mordhaus »

And then the fight started...
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite comic on the Internet.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Poor timing, Andy. Very poor.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Why does it sound like the screenwriter is used to working in the adult entertainment industry as well?
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Shame about Andy's hands; it seems they were violently and suddenly severed below the wrists during his latest visit to a film shoot. Right before the "accident" he was seen using those hands to cover the face of a short-haired redhead woman during the filming of a romantic scene...
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard