Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: 02-10-15 Put it on my calendar

Post by Azrael »

So, Dillon, how's China looking this time of year? :p
sdb20151002.png
sdb20151002.png (104.05 KiB) Viewed 9317 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

i'm hoping she plans to cut dillon & julian in for a fair cut of that $$$
Yet still, I live...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yes! The kid really is learning. Making lemons into high-margin lemonade. (Though she may need to invest in a professional-quality camera.) And her facial expressions are shifting to reflect her growing comfort in her role, too; that anger in panel 1 is beautiful, and no longer just hysterical, and the lip-biting "Ooh, gottit!" smirk in panel 4 is a Ruby who's getting on top of the game.

Some time, Dillon is going to have to ask her what her problem is with Amber - but right now, she has the psychological advantage, so he's in no position to ask pushy questions.
'J' wrote:i'm hoping she plans to cut dillon & julian in for a fair cut of that $$$
Dillon needs to learn to check the small print before entering into an agreement. She'll probably tell him that this is going to be offset against his personal promotional budget - getting his face out into the world is worth something. And after that, well, who do you think will be looking after Dillon's accounts?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

Ruby is finally in her element, and it shows.

And Dillon, oh Dillon ... when will you ever learn to look before you leap?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Dillon is too used to dealing with people who think he's lovable (like Amber), or who he can dominate by force of personality (like Gary). Despite her problems, Ruby is much more his equal.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

brasca

Post by brasca »

'J' wrote:i'm hoping she plans to cut dillon & julian in for a fair cut of that $$$
I think that Julian is satisfied with his payment.

It would have been nice to get a break through with Ruby and her relationship with Amber, but that would be too much too soon.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I think that the reply there would be "patience, grasshopper".

Dillon is now very clearly aware that there is a problem with Ruby and Amber, and although Ruby has fended off one attempt to ask about this (and hinted that she's not entirely clear what the problem is herself), it's hard to imagine that Dillon will never try to find out more and maybe help. On the one hand, he genuinely cares for both the people involved, and on the other, he's nosy. Meanwhile, assuming that the dinner Amber was setting up with their parents is a real thing and not just a one-strip plot device, that's surely got to have consequences.

And the Ruby-Amber mess is a significant part of the comic's plot structure. Hard to imagine it getting resolved too quickly.
---------
Spidrift

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Love Ruby's lip bite. Seems she's thinking of a way to jump start her yaoi career. Also, is it just me, or does Dillon seem to have no ass at all? And Julian seems to be digging in lol.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'm sure that Dillon would say that he has a pert, tight, well-exercised butt. It's also possible that he is clenching it very, very hard just there.

(No, that shouldn't make it disappear. Still.)
---------
Spidrift

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:Dillon is too used to dealing with people who think he's lovable (like Amber), or who he can dominate by force of personality (like Gary). Despite her problems, Ruby is much more his equal.
Both Ruby's sister and Zii negotiated him into soapy fun happy shower time. I think Gary might be the only person Dillon could ever dominate by force of personality which is not saying much.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

But like I said, Amber seems to think that he's cute, and the same goes for Zii. They don't inflict more that soapy fun time on him - which, after all, he actually quite enjoys now - even when they get the advantage. Ruby is willing to take him for a dozen yaoi poses, with Julian. She's willing and able to push back at him, hard -- and he can only get past her defences by blubbering.
---------
Spidrift

philippos42

Post by philippos42 »

Suddenly Julian! This is bad, Ruby, encouraging the boy.

JerrBear

Post by JerrBear »

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Hey, JerrBear, how's it going? :D
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.