Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

11-09-15 I have to make this right

Post by Shouri »

Hogan

Re: 11-09-15 I have to make this right

Post by Hogan »

A whole entrepreneur-team with heavy machinery couldn't dig a hole as fast as Ruby :D

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Wait, did Ruby just use the Schwartz? :-=
sdb20150911.png
sdb20150911.png (101.01 KiB) Viewed 9739 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Qwertz

Post by Qwertz »

:)) she should have stopped at PA

But otherwise: yay, people trying to do the right thing when knowing what the full story is!
Mordhaus wrote:The plot, like soup to which the starch of corn hath been added, doth thicken.
EvilSnack wrote:I think that the characters in this comic are as slim as they are because of the exercise they get from jumping to so many conclusions.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah, Ruby really does still want to be a good person. She's lost the plot a heck of lot less badly than DiDi - and she did have a point about Dillon pushing her into stuff when she's nervous. Of course, it helped that Dillon found the exact analogy to hit Ruby in the conscience.

Though I now want to see Professor Conried more than ever. I still suspect that she really is just a good-hearted, physically and socially clumsy academic. And Ruby was being a little slow; she has heard about Nathan before.

But anyway, what comes next after this? Dillon giving Ruby more background, maybe even including a confession about how he and Amber got the apartment? Or maybe a cut to Amber with Ray?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Hogan wrote:A whole entrepreneur-team with heavy machinery couldn't dig a hole as fast as Ruby :D
First to China!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Spidrift wrote:Yeah, Ruby really does still want to be a good person. She's lost the plot a heck of lot less badly than DiDi - and she did have a point about Dillon pushing her into stuff when she's nervous. Of course, it helped that Dillon found the exact analogy to hit Ruby in the conscience.

Though I now want to see Professor Conried more than ever. I still suspect that she really is just a good-hearted, physically and socially clumsy academic. And Ruby was being a little slow; she has heard about Nathan before.

But anyway, what comes next after this? Dillon giving Ruby more background, maybe even including a confession about how he and Amber got the apartment? Or maybe a cut to Amber with Ray?
I don't know, Conried also made Ruby wear really short skirts, you can't attribute that to clumsiness.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Conried told Ruby that the skirts made her look distinguished and businesslike. Maybe she really believed that, because of her own social incompetence. Maybe she watched far too much Ally McBeal in her own youth.

(Don't worry, I don't really believe this. I just think it would be an entertaining twist if Dillon's perfectly reasonable analysis of Conried was actually completely wrong.)
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

That face, when Ruby goes "Oh my God, what have I done..." :))

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Her character design does seem to be built around "totally incapable of concealing her emotions, even by this comic's standards", doesn't it?

Actually, she in turn seems to have done a nice job of confusing Dillon in the last panel...
---------
Spidrift

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:Yeah, Ruby really does still want to be a good person. She's lost the plot a heck of lot less badly than DiDi - and she did have a point about Dillon pushing her into stuff when she's nervous. Of course, it helped that Dillon found the exact analogy to hit Ruby in the conscience.

Dillon used his first name and Nathan is common enough that she might not have associated the Nathan who mislead Dillon with his producer.

And the good news is Ruby finally has a job!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Two jobs, a cousin, and a boyfriend, actually.
---------
Spidrift

brasca

Post by brasca »

And just what will Nathan make of that? Perhaps it is a good thing to keep him confused.

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

Spidrift wrote:Yeah, Ruby really does still want to be a good person. She's lost the plot a heck of lot less badly than DiDi - and she dideserve sma point about Dillon pushing her into stuff when she's nervous. Of course, it helped that Dillon found the exact analogy to hit Ruby in the conscience.

Slow? Sure, but honestly, I am still of the opinion that Ruby is quite a bit less intelligent than she is sometimes assumed to be. She's fairly bright, but she isn't VERY bright, and I'd rate Amber's aggregate intelligence as at least as high. However, she probably does deserve some credit for wanting to do the right thing (belatedly).

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ruby's a nerd. Academically doubtless bright, but socially inexperienced at best.

On the other hand, so what if her intelligence turns out to be 99% perspiration? That's the classic definition of genius. It gets results. Someone with the determination and focus to put the hours in is entitled to be called intelligent in her own way. And she's shown flashes of versatility - carrying off the Rudy disguise, picking up manga fan jargon quite quickly, and demonstrating a useful visual judgement.

And I'm not sure where you're getting Amber's intelligence from. Frankly, we know relatively little about her either way. She out-smarted Nathan (gosh), using a standard classic sort of trick, but apart from that?
---------
Spidrift