28-08-15 You made this happen

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Giz
Site Admin

28-08-15 You made this happen

Post by Giz »

New strip! http://www.stickydillybuns.com/strips-s ... his_happen

Sorry for the delay. Running the Kickstarter at the same time as keeping up with updates can be tough!

brasca

Re: 28-08-15 You made this happen

Post by brasca »

Well that explains why Ray's first time was not as physically demanding as I thought.

And now to see if Dillon is a man who will stand by his convictions. Of course if he folds I doubt his shoulder angel will disapprove too much unless she is now fully shipping him and Julian.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah. Amber is evidently a great believer in everybody trying everything, at the first opportunity. Given his protectiveness of his butt, Gary may have got off lightly when his time with her ended up being a little incomplete.

And I think that Nathan has just efficiently negated any chance of Dillon tearing him off a strip. Dillon may have some kind of moral convictions these days, but the courage of his convictions has never exactly been reliable or overwhelming. Blow away the chance of a good movie supporting role? One that will entail being close to Ray, and playing love scenes with him? Just for the sake of telling Nathan a few harsh things? Not a chance. That looks to me like a starstruck beam in the last frame.

Of course, Nathan is probably mainly doing this in the hope of keeping his options open with Dillon. But if it saves him from a few boring minutes of pompous telling-off from Dillon, well, that's a bonus.

As to Dillon's shoulder angel - given that that's a manifestation of what passes for his conscience, I very much doubt that it'll even appear now. It's not like the shoulder angel joke is used very often in these comics; I don't recall it ever showing up at all in SDB, actually. It's mostly DiDi who externalises her inner voices, after all. Though I still think that Dillon's shoulder sprites would both look oddly female these days, with short bobs and round glasses, and I wouldn't mind having that theory tested.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

tanonev

Post by tanonev »

I think brasca might have been referring to the actual Ruby as "his shoulder angel".

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

brasca wrote: And now to see if Dillon is a man who will stand by his convictions. Of course if he folds I doubt his shoulder angel will disapprove too much unless she is now fully shipping him and Julian.
Like Spidrift said, Dillon's moral stand has most likely just collapsed completely. He's not passing up a starring role just to tell off the guy who could put him in that role.

I'll bet Dillon will also shortly be in Nathan's office bent over with his pants around his ankles, probably much to Amber's later disapproval and disappointment. His "shoulder angel" Ruby, on the other hand, will only be disappointed she didn't get to watch.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

wonder if Amber used a strap-on or a dildo? we know she has dildos................ if it is strap-on, can't see her "too mad"(but she will be slightly mad) if she finds out about Nathan

if it is dildo, there is a fair chance she will be highly mad

now about Dillon................ the "civilian lover"? or the "lover who happens to be unknowingly to the hero to be the villain"? as both of them do not know the secret identity of the other?
ImageImage

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Spidrift wrote:Yeah. Amber is evidently a great believer in everybody trying everything, at the first opportunity. Given his protectiveness of his butt, Gary may have got off lightly when his time with her ended up being a little incomplete.

And I think that Nathan has just efficiently negated any chance of Dillon tearing him off a strip. Dillon may have some kind of moral convictions these days, but the courage of his convictions has never exactly been reliable or overwhelming. Blow away the chance of a good movie supporting role? One that will entail being close to Ray, and playing love scenes with him? Just for the sake of telling Nathan a few harsh things? Not a chance. That looks to me like a starstruck beam in the last frame.
But what if the only way he can land that role is if he bends over for Nathan? Would he be so inclined to accept that role?

Also, accepting that role just so he could make out with his crush (un-beknowest to dimwitted Ray). That would be a new low for Dillon.
Of course, Nathan is probably mainly doing this in the hope of keeping his options open with Dillon. But if it saves him from a few boring minutes of pompous telling-off from Dillon, well, that's a bonus.
It also gives him the opportunity to watch two of his lovers go at each other (because you know if there's any love scenes, they will be steamy). *shudders*
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

brasca

Post by brasca »

themacnut wrote:
brasca wrote: And now to see if Dillon is a man who will stand by his convictions. Of course if he folds I doubt his shoulder angel will disapprove too much unless she is now fully shipping him and Julian.
Like Spidrift said, Dillon's moral stand has most likely just collapsed completely. He's not passing up a starring role just to tell off the guy who could put him in that role.

I'll bet Dillon will also shortly be in Nathan's office bent over with his pants around his ankles, probably much to Amber's later disapproval and disappointment. His "shoulder angel" Ruby, on the other hand, will only be disappointed she didn't get to watch.
Maybe not. A love scene between Dillon and Ray and/or Julian is something Ruby would not want to miss, but Nathan... I suppose he is not that unattractive for a middle age man despite how sleazy he is, but I think that is the kind of love scene she would not be too brokenhearted about missing.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

tanonev wrote:I think brasca might have been referring to the actual Ruby as "his shoulder angel".
In that case - well, we know that Ruby is currently committed to fixing up Dillon and Julian, so I doubt that Ray's activities will worry her much either way. In any case, she may not hear about this incident - unless we get a big revelations scene, of course, which is entirely possible.
themacnut wrote:I'll bet Dillon will also shortly be in Nathan's office bent over with his pants around his ankles, probably much to Amber's later disapproval and disappointment. His "shoulder angel" Ruby, on the other hand, will only be disappointed she didn't get to watch.
Actually, I think that Dillon may just be able to resist Nathan's advances, if any. He's done so once already, and Nathan has just more or less offered him the part unconditionally, without asking for a quid pro quo. Plus, Nathan has just had his oats for the afternoon, so he may not bother pushing Dillon much just now. (Or even, whisper it, feel capable.) I reckon that Nathan is doing this to keep his options open with Dillon for the future, to defuse Dillon's attempts to tell him off, and even perhaps (whisper it very quietly) because Dillon is actually a good actor, who Nathan knows can do passion with Ray. (Nathan has seen Ruby's video, remember.)
Fluffy wrote:But what if the only way he can land that role is if he bends over for Nathan? Would he be so inclined to accept that role?
I wouldn't like to guess. Nathan's last offer, with the visit to the health farm or whatever it was, was clearly pretty tempting, but Dillon resisted. I think he's honestly trying to preserve some standards these days, but they're kind of skimpy and may not be fully reliable. I'd give him a 65-35 chance of successfully resisting that specific deal, if I had to run the book.
Fluffy wrote:Also, accepting that role just so he could make out with his crush (un-beknowest to dimwitted Ray). That would be a new low for Dillon.
Oh, I'd say that it was about on a par with several of his previous lows. He repeated the "kissing lessons" stunt when he had an excuse, remember. And it will just be acting. Plus, he could tell himself that it'll give him a chance to keep an eye on Ray, and maybe save him from making any more big mistakes.
Fluffy wrote:It also gives him the opportunity to watch two of his lovers go at each other (because you know if there's any love scenes, they will be steamy). *shudders*
Realistically, I wouldn't bet on that. Commercially, an action movie with a gay hero would still be a bit borderline; doing anything to make it more than PG-13, or put off too many of the straight male audience, might be a gamble too far. But this is a comedy comic, so you may be right.

Another possibility, which would be Nathan being cruel to Dillon (and he may be pissed off enough); this is a small role, because the hero's lover gets killed in the first ten minutes, sending the hero off on a roaring rampage of revenge that forms the plot...
brasca wrote:A love scene between Dillon and Ray and/or Julian is something Ruby would not want to miss, but Nathan... I suppose he is not that unattractive for a middle age man despite how sleazy he is, but I think that is the kind of love scene she would not be too brokenhearted about missing.
I think that Ruby is still exploring the limits of her tastes. They mostly seem to involve pretty boys, but she might be a little curious about any gay male sex she hears about, at least until she discovers her limits.

(That reminds me of a thought that hit me recently; we talk about Ruby as the comic's butt monkey, and she still gets embarrassed by stuff periodically or annoyed by Amber - but somewhere down the line, her time in the city has tripped over from non-stop aggravation to actually quite positive for her. She's discovered fascinating and enjoyable new tastes and skills, she's tested her limitations and found that they're wider than she thought, and she's even made a couple of friends, which is a couple more than she'd previously managed. It'd hurt her to admit it, but I think she's actually enjoying life a bit now.)

Now, changing the subject - this strip reminds us of Dillon's quasi-sex with Amber. Us Ma3-universe geeks have never forgotten that, of course, and so will read this as a throwaway comment - but I'm not sure that the writers actually make references to things that happened years ago in another comic quite that casually. (Remember the "27 straight guys" strips.) And Ray can ask for the story at some opportunity. It may become a plot point of some sort.

One possibility; Ray is off to see Amber, who will probably soon find out what he did with Nathan, one way or another. Her reactions may be interesting, and may lead to some histrionics. Will this lead to further references to the Dillon/Amber scene? Will Ruby overhear anything, and maybe say a few nasty things to her sister? Might she even get jealous, given that she quite fancies Dillon but is currently suppressing those thoughts because Dillon is gay?
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

You just got Starfish Primed - atom bomb up your ass! :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Spidrift wrote:
Fluffy wrote:Also, accepting that role just so he could make out with his crush (un-beknowest to dimwitted Ray). That would be a new low for Dillon.
Oh, I'd say that it was about on a par with several of his previous lows. He repeated the "kissing lessons" stunt when he had an excuse, remember.
However, regardless of their respective reasons - both Gary and Ray went along with it, and I think they are both aware that Dillon had a thing for them (though, unlike Ray- Gary would do so begrudgingly and only if Dillon was in drag).
And it will just be acting. Plus, he could tell himself that it'll give him a chance to keep an eye on Ray, and maybe save him from making any more big mistakes.
To Ray, it would just be acting. Though I'm not quite sure about Dillon. Wouldn't be surprised if he would end up hoping Ray would eventually identify as bi and bed him for realsies.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It really doesn't seem to have sunk in with Ray that Dillon has a thing for him. That's another sign of Ray's dimness, but nothing that he's said acknowledges the fact. If Dillon comes onto the cast of the movie, Ray will likely just see it as a stroke of luck that his old pal is going to be around, with nothing serious implied.

And I'm sure that Dillon will always have the hope in the back if his mind that Ray will eventually take him to bed, even if Dillon does double-think his way round that hope. (He's good at fooling himself like that.) And to be fair to Dillon, that is at least a bit more realistic than he was with Gary. After Gary made it crystal clear that he was solidly straight, Dillon continuing to chase him was just Dillon being an impertinent jackass. Ray, by contrast, is now functionally, actively bisexual, so it's not wildly optimistic or creep for Dillon to hope that Ray might one day get his categories a bit clearer and see that there's not much stopping him from screwing Dillon.

(Apart from the fact that Amber might see it as poaching, of course. But Amber needs to complain about Nathan on that score first.)
---------
Spidrift

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Oh, Dillon, Noooooo.
sdb20150828.png
sdb20150828.png (78.89 KiB) Viewed 7875 times
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

philippos42

Post by philippos42 »

How did you not title this, "On the up high"?

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

or "gets his starfish punched"
ImageImage