Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

06-01-15 A lot alot

Post by Shouri »

Hogan

Re: 06-01-15 A lot alot

Post by Hogan »

Thats... one way to put it Dillon, but at least finally you got the honest point across... kudos to you for that! :ymapplause:

... and Ruby is really going down the one track atm, isn't she? :-)

Raamyah
Creator of small worlds

Post by Raamyah »

Ruby, stop it. <dopeslap>
"There are four pillars of existence that support the very foundations of the universe: the speed of light in a vacuum, the Planck constant, Newtonian gravity, and the all-encompassing awesomeness of breasts." - Pauli Polsuo

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid." - Anonymous

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah, Dillon gets points for getting the truth out rather than taking the opportunity to change the subject. Unfortunately, he now has an excuse for perpetuating his idea that his kiss has a magical effect, but at least he's now admitting that all he can do is bring out what's already there, not actually turn straight guys. And Ray turns out to be a decent guy, though he's hardly in a position to go all homophobic right now.

And yes, Ruby is getting a bit fixated - but let's be fair, she's in the process of discovering something she didn't expect about herself too. A certain amount of gabbling confusion is probably forgivable.

No real predictions for the next strip; this could go several ways. Ray could reasonably say that he doesn't want to kiss Dillon any more just now, whatever might be possible in the future, until he's managed to assimilate what he's just learned about both of them. I have a sneaking suspicion that he'll end up kissing Ruby, either as a way to continue the acting lesson, or to check that he still has heterosexual inclinations, or both - or Ruby may kiss him, out of sympathy over his confusion. But no bets.

And we might have guessed that Dillon would be a Chris Hemsworth fan, though I'm sure that there are certain people here yelling "Noooo! Tom Hiddleston!"
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Ah, foolish, foolish Ruby. You may well have reminded Dillon about your Yaoi fixation and given him cause to start teasing you about it.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

He hasn't actually worked that out yet, and her improvised story from last strip is still giving her a little cover. Dillon does tend to be a bit comedically slow to adjust his assumptions, and last we knew, having realised that Ruby was a little prim and naive, he seemed to think that she really wouldn't be interested in yaoi. He knows from what she said in her sleep that she's got some kind of interest in guys, but I don't think he's twigged how far it goes yet.

If and when he takes a chance to think about this, he may realise that she must have been reading that manga she gave him, and work out that she's developing her own taste for guy-on-guy action, but for now, he may well think that she's genuinely trying to be helpful to him and Ray with regard to those acting lessons. He might even say something about her not understanding how that would be difficult, because she's so sweetly innocent.

I almost wonder if Ray might guess the truth sooner, but Ray has his own brand of naivety, and might even fail to guess that women might like watching gay men kiss.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Dillon should be more REALISTIC

he should dream he is kissing Neil Patrick Harris as Barney or Matt Bomer as Neal Caffrey
ImageImage

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Really, that went more smoothly than I thought. :-o

No no no no no no, Ruby, you won't get away with this that easily. I'm sure now you'll have to kiss Ray...or have to explain that you actually have almost no experience at kissing. ;))

brasca

Post by brasca »

themacnut wrote:Ah, foolish, foolish Ruby. You may well have reminded Dillon about your Yaoi fixation and given him cause to start teasing you about it.
Seeing as how she's actually helping him to resume acting lessons with Ray, Dillon will probably think Ruby is just rewarding him again.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

:ymapplause: It may have took him a while but Dillon finally admitted he was gay to Ray. :ymapplause: Though it might have a bit to do with the fact that Ray has discovered some bi-sexual feelings.

Oh and dear god Ruby :)) That one track mind is back at it again.

I wouldn't put it past the writers to make Ray want to Kiss Ruby to test how bi-sexual he is. I'm not saying that it will happen like that but it is one of MANY possible outcomes of today's strip. (I'd get into it but i'm fighting my allergy meds AGAIN!)
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Bambikles wrote:No no no no no no, Ruby, you won't get away with this that easily. I'm sure now you'll have to kiss Ray...or have to explain that you actually have almost no experience at kissing.
Remember that Ruby has spun that story about an ultra-jealous boyfriend. Unless everyone quietly forgets that, she doesn't need another excuse for not kissing anyone else, and Ray is probably unlikely to suggest it again. Meanwhile, Dillon does seem to be trying to be nice to Ruby, and to show some respect for her primness and sensitivity ("Sorry you had to see that kiss..."), so he probably won't raise any such idea either.

However, Ruby herself might end up initiating a kiss with someone, especially if either of the other two are looking seriously unhappy about anything; she's shown herself capable of pushing her own comfort zone to help other people, and I still think she might even want to learn more about kissing to avoid looking stupid to Andy. If, say, Ray wants reassurance about his heterosexuality, or proof that Dillon is just an actor, she might just shut her eyes and go for it.

(Hmm. How good a kisser will Ruby be? Gary's kisses lacked passion before he learned a bit from Dillon, but he's not a passionate guy, whereas Ruby gives an impression of seething a bit under that shell. I have this sneaking suspicion that Ruby may make up in enthusiasm what she lacks in technique, once she starts trying...)
---------
Spidrift

Derfman

Post by Derfman »

Ruby gets roped into kissing Ray as a test of his Bi-ness and half an inch before the "consummation", in walks Amber and Ruby gets her to do it instead. Ruby gets to remain a "prude" temporarily and later hooks up with Zii to further her fall into fujoshi-ness. :ymdevil:

Edit: Totally forgot about the fictional boyfriend. Maybe still happens, but after a bit more persuasion.
Last edited by Derfman on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sun tzu

Post by sun tzu »

And here we see that rare beast - honest communication.
Hard to find, but majestic to behold.

Razmos

Post by Razmos »

It's telling when characters telling the truth and things going smoothly is a rare occasion.

I'm glad Dillon got a little bit of growth here. lets just hope it doesn't get negated by the next strip :P

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

And Ruby just digs herself deeper. :))