Eerie Cuties 08-09-14 Right about something

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Giz
Site Admin

Eerie Cuties 08-09-14 Right about something

Post by Giz »

New strip! http://www.eeriecuties.com/strips-ec/ri ... _something

Again, sorry for the delay. Hoping for things to be more normal with updates by mid month.

Clayvman

Re: Eerie Cuties 08-09-14 Right about something

Post by Clayvman »

Layla is larger then life in her head huh?........not surprised

Spinell

Post by Spinell »

That's not Layla, it's Lamia. :-o
One big Ego :D

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

So, all that Nina has to do now is find a Jaeger lying around somewhere...
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Well if anyone in the cast is drift-compatible, it'll be Nina & Tia.

I'm hoping that if they do actually reset Layla's personality, she at least gets to keep her memories.

Also, Tia's imaging Nina in a rather cute dress.
Yet still, I live...

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

So what makes them think those statues and indeed, the kaiju, weren't there before Layla regained her memories? Who are they to decree what is and isn't 'rogue'?

That's the big problem here, even if Nina is entirely right, even if they could forcibly change Layla without leaving her a souless/mindless husk, that doesn't mean that Layla would want to go back to being as she was before. And how well does Nina really know Layla?

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Good question. But since a big chunk of memory was in *Nina* before and what Quintessa stuff there was was buried beyond retrieval, the presumption is that they couldn't have been there.

Whether Layla likes being Quintessa, even if Nina doesn't like it, is an entirely different question, of course...
'J' wrote:I'm hoping that if they do actually reset Layla's personality, she at least gets to keep her memories.
I'm not sure that would be possible - the entire difference is that the Layla memories are being buried by the Lamia memories, after all. They either reverse the process and (re)bury the Lamia memories, or she stays Lamia-dominant given that red plasticine is only 16 parts in a thousand parts of blue. The closer the mix gets to finished, the less purple and more blue it looks.

shelmaliar

Post by shelmaliar »

Oh noes, there goes Tokyoes! Here come Layla-zilla!

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Passing Through wrote:So what makes them think those statues and indeed, the kaiju, weren't there before Layla regained her memories? Who are they to decree what is and isn't 'rogue'?
You're forgetting Tia seems to be fairly knowledgeable about magic; particularly when it comes to switching things around. There's also the possibility she may be older than she appears. Either way, it's likely that she knows what she's talking about.

And Nina has grown up with her sister for all 14 years of her life. That's sufficient time to get to know someone, and she knew enough that the person they're dealing with now is no longer her sister - just as I and several others also noticed that Layla's personality was being taken over by Lamia's.
Passing Through wrote:That's the big problem here, even if Nina is entirely right, even if they could forcibly change Layla without leaving her a souless/mindless husk, that doesn't mean that Layla would want to go back to being as she was before.
Do you honestly think Layla would be okay with being overridden like this? This Layla? As in: "I will not kneel... not to Faith... not to you." I doubt it.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

You know from the look of the last panel I was expecting some kind of roar to accompany the view.
Radbaron wrote:So, all that Nina has to do now is find a Jaeger lying around somewhere...
'J' wrote:Well if anyone in the cast is drift-compatible, it'll be Nina & Tia.

I'm hoping that if they do actually reset Layla's personality, she at least gets to keep her memories.

Also, Tia's imaging Nina in a rather cute dress.
This requires theme music. \M/

Also I agree with J, Nina does look cute.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Dreadangel

Post by Dreadangel »

so is lamia attempting to squish layla then =p

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

Zippy wrote:Good question. But since a big chunk of memory was in *Nina* before and what Quintessa stuff there was was buried beyond retrieval, the presumption is that they couldn't have been there.

Whether Layla likes being Quintessa, even if Nina doesn't like it, is an entirely different question, of course...

I'm not sure that would be possible - the entire difference is that the Layla memories are being buried by the Lamia memories, after all. They either reverse the process and (re)bury the Lamia memories, or she stays Lamia-dominant given that red plasticine is only 16 parts in a thousand parts of blue. The closer the mix gets to finished, the less purple and more blue it looks.
It's true the resurection was only recently completed... but Layla was always the reincarnation of Lamia.

Yeah, it was only a matter of time before Layla decided to live her life in a way Nina happened not to like, this just happens to be more sudden than might otherwise have been expected.

Yeah, she's changing because she's ancient. Her innocence is gone, but the main difference is her sheer age.

jaimehlers

Post by jaimehlers »

I knew it. Lamia is, at the very least, trying to bury Layla so she doesn't have to 'share'.

Passing Through: That is not believable at all. Layla, through the entire comic, has been fiercely protective of Nina. Yet somehow, we're supposed to believe that after this 'resurrection' she would actually forget Nina's name, and airily dismiss having forgotten it as just being funny?

This is a Ma'ar/Mornelithe Falconsbane type of possession, mark my words.
Last edited by jaimehlers on Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CFT

Post by CFT »

Passing Through wrote:
Zippy wrote:Good question. But since a big chunk of memory was in *Nina* before and what Quintessa stuff there was was buried beyond retrieval, the presumption is that they couldn't have been there.

It's true the resurection was only recently completed... but Layla was always the reincarnation of Lamia.

Yeah, it was only a matter of time before Layla decided to live her life in a way Nina happened not to like, this just happens to be more sudden than might otherwise have been expected.

Yeah, she's changing because she's ancient. Her innocence is gone, but the main difference is her sheer age.
That's actually a major philosophical (and more recently scientific also) issue: is someone's personality (and identity) completely defined by their memories and experiences? And that question gets even more complicated in a fantasy settings where "souls" are proven to exist (though again, what exactly IS a soul without its memories? How can you define that concept?)
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

There's only one way to deal with a rogue personality like this...

what, you were expecting a quote?

Lock her in a small cell and never let her out!
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"