29-08-14 Oprah never lies

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

JoybuzzerX

Re: 14-08-29 Oprah never lies

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Eisu wrote:
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Zippy wrote:YYYY-MM-DD is usually called ISO style.
DD-MM-YYYY is UK style
MM-DD-YYYY is US style, and makes the least sense of the three (the others go big-medium-small and small-medium-big. Medium-Small-Big, OTOH...)
because when we say it, we say August 29th 2014? Soooo....MM-DD-YYYY makes sense :p
In Malaysia, we follow the UK style, which also makes sense when you say it as 29th August 2014. Or 29th of August 2014.
I think the August 29th 2014 flows a bit better than 29th August 2014 of the tip of ones tongue. 29th of August 2014 flows, but that adds another word and we can't have that :p

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Hooray for Ruby! ^^

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

JoybuzzerX wrote:I think the August 29th 2014 flows a bit better than 29th August 2014 of the tip of ones tongue. 29th of August 2014 flows, but that adds another word and we can't have that :p
Oh, so it be yer fault there was that spell when US people tried to get rid of the "and" in "X hundred and Y"? :p

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

For some, it was August 29th
For others, the 29th of August.
For me, it was just another Friday.
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

For me, it was just another day to curse Nathan for being a sleezebag and facepalm at Dillon's general stupidity.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Radbaron wrote:For some, it was August 29th
For others, the 29th of August.
For me, it was just another Friday.
For you, it was the day Bison graced your village and your whole life changed.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

TheEighth wrote: Should Nathan meet Gary, I could totally see him trying to get Gary into bed with him by threatening Amber and Dillon's careers.
That would be a step too far.

Schmorgluck

Post by Schmorgluck »

The only thing that would make it good would be the spectacular and wacky retaliation, even better if designed by Zii.
Spidrift wrote:You are the perpetual target of your cat's libido. But quite politely.

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

I think the true sign of Ruby's understanding of Dillon is that she doesn't bother mentioning that Oprah could be wrong (or, shock, lie). He's clearly not going to believe that so go for a more viable target and point out that Nathan's got a reason to cheat at this game of telephone.

TheEighth

Post by TheEighth »

Cortez wrote:
TheEighth wrote: Should Nathan meet Gary, I could totally see him trying to get Gary into bed with him by threatening Amber and Dillon's careers.
That would be a step too far.
Meh....maybe so.

I guess it depends on just how sleazy and opportunistic he is.

He's more than willing to abuse his power to have sex with the people who work for him, his denial of his sexuality just makes him all the more interesting to me. Enjoying sex with Dillon and having him and Amber act out his twincest fantasy leans to him being bi(which frankly I'd like to see as Matt and possibly Erik are the only other confirmed bisexual guys in the continuity)

Nathan's already bold enough to go behind his wife's back to have sex with his employees, who's to say he wouldn't go behind his employees backs' to try and have sex with their friends? Use their careers and the promise of their future opportunities as leverage to get what he wants.

This is why I hope he gets more development.
He's a slate with plenty of room for carving.
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

This is just stupid. Nathan is a routine adulterous sleazebag, like you can find in packs of a dozen in any sex comedy (or for that matter real life), with nothing interesting to say about him. (Okay, he's bi. Whoop de doop. This is Menage a 3.) He was used for one joke about him being an adulterous sleazebag, at the end of which, Amber and Dillon had got such an advantage over him that they had his agreement in writing to everything they wanted. If he annoys them, they could expose him to his wife or his business colleagues, and he couldn't touch them. And for that matter, Gary isn't even his type; he goes for girls and effeminate gay guys.

He's a dead joke and a powerless, flat character. Wank fantasies about him chasing Gary would break what little character he has, and make no plot sense. Let it go.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

TheEighth

Post by TheEighth »

Spidrift wrote:This is just stupid. Nathan is a routine adulterous sleazebag, like you can find in packs of a dozen in any sex comedy (or for that matter real life), with nothing interesting to say about him. (Okay, he's bi. Whoop de doop. This is Menage a 3.) He was used for one joke about him being an adulterous sleazebag, at the end of which, Amber and Dillon had got such an advantage over him that they had his agreement in writing to everything they wanted. If he annoys them, they could expose him to his wife or his business colleagues, and he couldn't touch them. And for that matter, Gary isn't even his type; he goes for girls and effeminate gay guys.

He's a dead joke and a powerless, flat character. Wank fantasies about him chasing Gary would break what little character he has, and make no plot sense. Let it go.

.......ooooooooook?

Dude, take a breath and step back. It's random speculation.
In case you haven't noticed, I do a lot of that on each forum.
Excuse me for having an imagination.

Relax.
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

If that's the best your imagination can come up with...

Oh, *plonk*.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

chupacabra555

Post by chupacabra555 »

Gotta admit, I'm a bit surprised that a character pointed out what would otherwise be a somewhat obvious fact: A Straight man who knowingly has sexual relations with someone of the same gender/possessing the same genitals is not fully 'straight', but in some form of denial about his sexuality.

With some changes, kind of the same thing when Gary was 'drunked' into having sex with Senna :-?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Sigh. We've been here before. One shouldn't rise to the troll's bait, but let's just say this once.

"Same gender" is not the same thing as "possessing the same genitals". Dillon is a (gay) man; Senna is a (trans) woman. It is possible for Gary to mentally classify Senna as female, and hence to have straight sex with her - though it's also possible for him to then get a bit confused about what he's just done when he thinks about it. The fact that he does get confused kind of establishes that he's straight, in fact. The fact that Nathan never actually denies that Dillon is male establishes Nathan as bi.
---------
Spidrift