Menage a 3 - Vol 6 : Discussion

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Spidrift

Re: Menage a 3 - Vol 6 : Discussion

Post by Spidrift »

Evidently, my crossed fingers have uncanny power. If the Kickstarter can't manage $378 in 16 hours, I'll be quite surprised.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

$233 now, Spidrift.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

CFT

Post by CFT »

One thing I've learned in my now rather long* experience with Kickstarter Projects is to never underestimate the final days surge.

*two and a half years to be precise, since that fateful February of 2012 when I was introduced to Kickstarter by Rich Burlew's project (of the Order of the Stick web comic) and of course shortly after I also participated in Tim Schafer's Double Fine Adventure project that opened the video game kickstarter floodgates.
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

And...130,000 has been broken.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

now every 5K added this next 12 hours means more bonus pages added to the PDFs of bonus stories
ImageImage

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

All is good.

Being the sort of person who does things straight away in case he forgets, I don't get the final surge phenomenon, especially on Kickstarter, so I doubtless underestimate it. What are people waiting for? You don't have to pay unless the thing succeeds; you don't even get your credit card charged...

Oh well.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Now surpassed $140,000. Simply incredible!

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

people really want more PDF pages

actually, lot of people like to do it to the last minute, like those who get valentines gifts on the 13th or 14th, or buy Christmas gifts the 23rd or 24th
ImageImage

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Aww, and it came in a measly 110 bucks short of a fourth extra page in the end. And 22 people short of two thousand supporters.

Still, I don't know what the team were actually expecting in their private discussions, but I think this rates as a successful Kickstarter. Congrats to all concerned.
---------
Spidrift

Razmos

Post by Razmos »

I bet the team were pretty floored with the support reaching very nearly 15 times the original goal.

Congrats!
Can't wait to get my first ever printed volume of Menage a 3, hopefully I'll complete the collection one day. So glad to be getting SDB and SOTR as well.

Clayvman

Post by Clayvman »

Spidrift wrote:Aww, and it came in a measly 110 bucks short of a fourth extra page in the end. And 22 people short of two thousand supporters.

Still, I don't know what the team were actually expecting in their private discussions, but I think this rates as a successful Kickstarter. Congrats to all concerned.
Who know's they may still do the extra page...extra stuff is extra stuff since the book was founded, we'll see how they do it...but they may still do it since it was so close.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Well, remember that they won't get (nigh) $150k [CAD]. There's 8-10% KS/moneymen fees to come off the top of that, so that's ~$135k, and then there's bounced cards for people who don't have the money in their account to cover their pledge today, which can be a significant percentage on top of that. They might only get $120k.

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Thanks, guys. We're all pretty happy with the results. More than we expected. :)

Zippy's right about the fees and bounced cards. We'll know more in roughly 2 weeks on how much we made in the end. We're still proceeding with sending books to the printer and getting all the other stuff done as well. We hope to start mailing at the end of the month once we've signed all the books that need to be signed. We'll more than likely be mailing packages for 4 to 6 weeks straight. PDFs should be available in September... maybe even late August.

As for the $110 to make it to 150000, we might still honor it. We'll see when we start working on the stories. If an added page helps make it a better story, we'll add it. :)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Out of casual curiosity - presumably the new volume will have a revised Cast Page, if only to reflect the arrival of Peggy in the cast. Will this percolate through to the Web site some time?
---------
Spidrift

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I assume that the books, having been signed as necessary, are working their way through packing and posting and being delivered, and I'll expect mine when I see them on that basis. But just out of interest, is there a timescale for the appearance of the PDF versions of the books that were also included in the Kickstarter?
---------
Spidrift