Menage a 3 - Vol 6 : Discussion

The storage stacks of forum memories past.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: Menage a 3 - Vol 6 : Discussion

Post by Artemisia »

Because the Academy is corrupt. They have no actual love for acting. Instead, they want the same rehashed characters time and time again. . .

Oh, sorry, I thought you were talking about the fact that the Emmys overlooked Tatiana Maslany again.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Robert Nowall

Post by Robert Nowall »

I'd kick in a few bucks to the Kickstarter, I really would. But Kickstarter insists I sign up for Facebook, and that is something I plan to never do.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Given that I've never been on Facebook in my life, and I've backed several Kickstarters including this one, I think you may be missing something there.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

CFT

Post by CFT »

Kickstarter definitely doesn't require Facebook.

And since this is a Canadian Kickstarter, I also think it doesn't even require Amazon Payments (like the US Kickstarter does), only your credit card.

(I'm still considering my options here, btw, I'm mostly interested in the EC/MC/DC universe - and I've already got the existing physical books for those series - but I'm not sure what I'm willing to pay for Ma3 and its spinoffs. Probably I'll end up with the pdfs only)
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I know that you can sign up through Facebook, but I don't have them linked.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

There's just gotta be a way to kick start the Kickstarter without interrupting the story!

:((
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

CFT wrote:(I'm still considering my options here, btw, I'm mostly interested in the EC/MC/DC universe - and I've already got the existing physical books for those series - but I'm not sure what I'm willing to pay for Ma3 and its spinoffs. Probably I'll end up with the pdfs only)
Well, EC/MC v3 collected 95 EC (#352-447), plus +the Eisu guest strips, and 95 MC (#177-272). Wednesday's EC was #514 and "Tuesday's" MC was #322, so they're only a bit over halfway to v4 there. D'Chloe... well, presuming they don't toss it in with EC/MC, it depends what book size they're aiming for - Chapter 7 ended with #159, which would be more strips than the Ma3verse books, but smaller than even EC/MC v1 (107 EC+69 MC), so I suspect one more chapter there for the 15-30 strips to get into the region of the EC/MC book sizes.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

lordoffiling wrote:There's just gotta be a way to kick start the Kickstarter without interrupting the story!
I believe that most or all of the Pixietrix crew are on their way to a convention at the moment. So I'm assuming (or hoping) that today's actual story strip is delayed but not cancelled.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

Artemisia wrote:I know that you can sign up through Facebook, but I don't have them linked.
You should really dump Facebook. All you are to them is a product whose information is to be sold to their customers.
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Eh...I haven't updated it in ages. I have to use it to manage the social media for a website.

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Fluffy wrote:When I make my pledge, I'm debating whether I should pledge enough to obtain the poster or not (both look promising - only problem is that I don't have any place to set it up).
I myself would rather have the finalized harem poster as a desktop background for my computer and/or the wallpaper for my tablet.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

whatever 33K is supposed to be, and "almost" what 35K is supposed to be are a go(34.9K right now)
ImageImage

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

MonCappy wrote:You should really dump Facebook. All you are to them is a product whose information is to be sold to their customers.
Ditto Google, and every other big-name Internet phenomenon with .com at the end of their name. Those people aren't charities, and they're usually making money by making you available to advertisers in a fine-tuned way. What you think of as their business (searches, supporting your social life, whatever), isn't. It's bait.

You just have to decide whether what you get out of them is worth the hassle and whatever privacy hit is involved.
---------
Spidrift

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

my personal policy is that nobody with a facebook page is allowed to pretend they care about privacy.
Yet still, I live...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

But Facebook still isn't required to participate in a Kickstarter.

Anyhow... It looks from the various comics' pages like a combination of Connecticon and the Kickstarter have pretty much eaten any hopes for fresh Ma3-universe goodness until next Tuesday until the earliest. Oh well; I guess timing the latter to coincide with the former at least means killing two birds with one stone, which was smart. I keep hearing what a time hog Kickstarter is for creative people; I hope that the Pixietrix crew get more fun than stress out of the next month.
---------
Spidrift