04-07-14 Please hold me

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Optimus Kate

Re: 04-07-14 Please hold me

Post by Optimus Kate »

I had all of the hearts in the world exploding out of my face like fireworks.

Then I got to that panel.

Now, only tears. :((

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

And thus, Dillon unintentionally confirms Angel's accusations of his attempted two timing behind Jerzy's back (even though we know that's not the case here - we know he is very much capable of it).

My sympathies still lay entirely with Jerzy.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Oh so do mine, believe me. It would be so much better for Jerzy if he just walked away now and didn't look back.

He won't though. Even if he were so inclined, Dillon wouldn't let him anyway. He'd work some kind of manipulation to draw Jerzy back - or just become Jerzy's second stalker.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, at the last count he was swearing off Jerzy. Sure, we know how well that worked with Matt - but he did manage to resist the temptation for a little while. Who knows, he might find his next cute obsession a bit sooner this time.

No, the problem here (aside from the "living in adjacent apartments" practical issue) is Jerzy. The guy apparently wants to be wanted far too much. And now he's got two dysfunctional flakes obsessed with him. Heaven!

(Talking of the "childhood friends" thing, by the way - obvious back-story to guess at there; the two somewhat unusual kidsgrowing up in some rural small town hung together for mutual support.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

JackApostrophe

Post by JackApostrophe »

Aaaand Jerzy has stepped back into the AoE of Dillon's Intelligence Dampening Field.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

wiseguy wrote:yep, just like he has the delusion that Gary is gay, and tells everyone so

that is the main difference between him and Angel

because of one night stand, he thought jerzy was the boyfriend, and never specifically told Zii, "Zii, this guy Jerzy is not just my friend, he is my boyfriend"

Dillon in his dreams(and knows it) sees Gary as his, so he tells everyone or implies that "Gary is mine"
To be fair, at least Dillon has tried to move on.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Being fair with Dillon ? I envy your candor.

Schmorgluck

Post by Schmorgluck »

MissNix wrote:I'd find it pretty funny if when Jerzy questions Dillion about Rudy, either Dillon or Rudy quickly says " oh no we're just friends, childhood friends." :ymdevil:
sukebe senpai wrote:Dillon wouldn't be that smart.
Probably not. But he could pull that out through dramatic flair which would be a sufficient substitute for smartness in that particular case.

Speaking of particular cases, I must say that I feel disturbed with Dillon's character, in that I feel that, romantically, he needs someone to control him on some level. Gently, fairly, but sternly. I'm appalled in general at the notion that one person has a hold on the other in a couple, but in Dillon's case it seems necessary. And I'm sure Jerzy doesn't have the "stern" part figured out.
Spidrift wrote:You are the perpetual target of your cat's libido. But quite politely.

Optimus Kate

Post by Optimus Kate »

Jerzy isn't really a pushover either though. I think he can be stern.

And he already said he didn't mind a little competition. ;)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

There's a temptation with any long-running vaguely romcom-ish story to assume that it'll come to an end with everyone paired off. It's traditional. But unless the Ma3 cluster runs for a very long time, I don't think it'll happen here. And the reason is that too many of the characters need to grow the hell up before I could believe them being in a stable long-term relationship.

Dillon would be one case in point. His end game might be, nominally, paired off - but I'll have trouble believing it's stable. But equally, my feeling with, say, Sonya, is that she'll end the story happily unattached, but deciding to walk the earth for a while, expanding her horizons some more (and having some fun and breaking some hearts) before she can even decide what it is she does want.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Gholateg

Post by Gholateg »

I will say this for Dillion in relation to Gary. Once Gary started getting laid (er, doing the laying? whatever.) Dillion stopped trying to bed him. He still pines for the fjords, but he's not doing the grab ass thing anymore.

The biggest non-angel problem for Jerzy/Dillion is that they're both attention addicts. It's why Dillion flirts constantly with everything, and why he's an actor, and it's probably the real reason Jerzy hasn't crushed Angel's romantic hopes like an adorable bunny in the hands of Lennie. And two attention seekers cannot have a stable relationship.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Jerzy is more of a need to be the "knight in shining armor", he likes to be admired

Dillon wants to be someone's toy
ImageImage

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Gholateg wrote:I will say this for Dillion in relation to Gary. Once Gary started getting laid (er, doing the laying? whatever.) Dillon stopped trying to bed him. He still pines for the fjords, but he's not doing the grab ass thing anymore.
To be fair, when was the last time he had the opportunity to try? (twice at the concert). However, there were factors preventing Dillon from taking action (not wanting to prove Angel right in her accusations by flirting with Gary - but the temptation was strongly present, given how he looked at Gary. Then Matt distracting him with his own attempted seduction).

If neither situation happened, I doubt Dillon would have hesitated making a move on Gary the moment he laid eyes on him.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

<shakes head> Now Jerzy is going to go home, thinking of the wrong thing. If he want's to be smart he will ask what is going on but I doubt that will go well anyway.

On a side note I think Dillon enjoys messing with Ruby a bit too much.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

FlashD81 wrote:<shakes head> Now Jerzy is going to go home, thinking of the wrong thing. If he want's to be smart he will ask what is going on but I doubt that will go well anyway.
Note that, according to this strip, Jerzy wants Dillon to need him and not to be able to find comfort with anyone else. Hence, seeing Dillon looking at all happy with someone else shocks and annoys him. A sensible man would guess that Dillon might be, say, desperately looking for comfort while he's hurting inside; the possibility would at least be worth checking. But Jerzy looks like a codependency junkie who has just discovered that his fix may be unreliable.
FlashD81 wrote:On a side note I think Dillon enjoys messing with Ruby a bit too much.
Of course he does. Dillon loves "teasing" people. Used to be Gary, now it's Ruby. He and his fans doubtless think it's terribly cute; anyone who's been on the receiving end of that sort of "teasing", day in day out, may just want to punch him in the face.
---------
Spidrift