Post by Shouri »

Bambikles

Re: 04-07-14 Please hold me

Post by Bambikles »

Foreseeable, but awwwwww... :(

Crystafent82

Post by Crystafent82 »

Predictable, how else could that have ended in the Pixie-Verse.
I wonder how long that misunderstanding will be milked?
You can never be too old to have fun.

If you can't tell by now, English is not my first language.
Eisu wrote:The nipples makes a lot of difference, it's all technical.
You can quote me on that too.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Sigh. I guessed how things were going to be when I saw the title of the strip.

Yes, foreseeable, but also annoying, in that it does involve Jerzy dropping thirty points of IQ between strips. Unless he actually tries, you know, talking to Dillon in the next strip - but I somehow doubt things will be that simple. Okay, he's given a little excuse, in the way that Dillon happens to be talking to Rudy (which is of course the way that embarrasses Ruby as much as possible), but if he understands Dillon that well, he should guess that something like this isn't certain to be serious.

Sigh. I really should swear off talking about the Dillon/Jerzy relationship at all, whatever the context. It's just all about stupid people being stupid, and smart people being stupid too. Though we now have some evidence for a new theory of Jerzy psychology; he desperately wants to be needed. So he puts up with Angel, who keeps being needy at him - and now he's fallen for Dillon, because Dillon seems needy too. Idiot.

But anyway - after Ruby turned out to be the Invisible Woman a few strips back, we now discover that Jerzy is the Flash.

Love the image that links to the current Ma3 strip, by the way. I wonder how many people have been misled by that?
Last edited by Spidrift on Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Looks like Jerzy is thick enough to think Dillon moved on and I couldn't be happier. I feel bad for Jerzy, but I have a feeling Ruby will have to be Rudy a few more times.

TheEighth

Post by TheEighth »

To think there's a character with enough self awareness to realize and admit his own wrongdoing in this.

But still....there's no defense against the almighty power of the misunderstanding
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

By telling Dillon the truth, what do you guys think Jerzy is referring to? Angel being a woman?

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Them still being very close childhood friends, with Jerzy not ready to give it up, probably ever given what we've seen, and not just on a exes-that-don't-have-anything-to-do-together-anymore relationship.

And something about going to the concert, but I cannot recall correctly.
Love the image that links to the current Ma3 strip, by the way. I wonder how many people have been misled by that?
I was. :ymblushing:

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Spidrift wrote:Sigh. I guessed how things were going to be when I saw the title of the strip.

Yes, foreseeable, but also annoying, in that it does involve Jerzy dropping thirty points of IQ between strips. Unless he actually tries, you know, talking to Dillon in the next strip - but I somehow doubt things will be that simple.
I predict that Jerzy will talk to Dillon like a reasonable adult, but that Dillon will decide that he needs to make Jerzy jealous before he takes him back. Rudy will of course be drafted into this scheme.

Bonus points if Dillon ends up developing a crush on Rudy, despite a complete lack of attraction to Ruby
Yet still, I live...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Cortez wrote:By telling Dillon the truth, what do you guys think Jerzy is referring to?
Simply that he was going go a gig where Angel was playing, and so would be seeing Angel that evening.
'J' wrote:I predict that Jerzy will talk to Dillon like a reasonable adult, but that Dillon will decide that he needs to make Jerzy jealous before he takes him back. Rudy will of course be drafted into this scheme.
That's possible. Though it does look like Jerzy has this idiotic need to be needed, so the mere idea of Dillon talking to and flirting with another guy so soon (even if Dillon is, sigh, hurting inside) may make Dillon insufficiently needy for Jerzy to love him.

Plus, roping Rudy into a scheme should logically be chancy; Ruby's acting skills have their limits, and she'd see how stupid the whole business was. But, sigh, that's logic.
'J' wrote:Bonus points if Dillon ends up developing a crush on Rudy, despite a complete lack of attraction to Ruby
Well, he's fully capable of that; Dillon's never seen a delusion that he didn't prefer to reality.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

yep, just like he has the delusion that Gary is gay, and tells everyone so

that is the main difference between him and Angel

because of one night stand, he thought jerzy was the boyfriend, and never specifically told Zii, "Zii, this guy Jerzy is not just my friend, he is my boyfriend"

Dillon in his dreams(and knows it) sees Gary as his, so he tells everyone or implies that "Gary is mine"

BTW, right now, in Ma3 is "tomorrow" compared to SDB, and SDB is "yesterday" compared to Ma3
ImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

And to think: After big, muscular, handsome-in-a-rugged way Jerzy, Dillon now goes for the next-best ugly fat dude!!! :-o
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ah, but he can get Rudy down to the gym to sweat off that belly. If good-looking men all turn out to be bastards, perhaps it's better to take someone less smug and self-satisfied, and remake him to taste?

Anyhow, Rudy has a clear complexion, a gracious walk, and nice manners; there's potential there. Normally I'd agree that the soul patch was a deal-breaker, but on past form, we know that Dillon has a blind spot on that topic.
---------
Spidrift

MissNix

Post by MissNix »

I'd find it pretty funny if when Jerzy questions Dillion about Rudy, either Dillon or Rudy quickly says " oh no we're just friends, childhood friends." :ymdevil:

sukebe senpai

Post by sukebe senpai »

Dillon wouldn't be that smart.
FIRRIB