Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

20-06-14 What kind of boyfriend are you

Post by Shouri »

Cortez

Re: 20-06-14 What kind of boyfriend are you

Post by Cortez »

Well that ended about as well as expected.

I like that Angel was clever enough to not say anything, Dillon dugged his own grave.

TheEighth

Post by TheEighth »

Well what do you know, Angel managed to snag a victory after all
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

Luxlucis

Post by Luxlucis »

Oh, I'm sure Angel will lose Jerzy again soon enough, he is just that bothersome.
I have to say I have really taken a shine to Ruby in this arc, I just love her and love her.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Considering Angel and Jerzy have been friends for a long time, she won't lose him. She just won't have him the way she wants to have him. And she isn't that bothersome since Jerzy continues to be her friend.

Anyway, Jerzy's anger with Dillon is justified.
Last edited by Cortez on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

Ruby has recovered her cool and Dillon has lost everything...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Dillon is Dillon. Ruby, on the other hand, is awesome. Never mind Jerzy; she is far better than Dillon deserves.

Anyhow, there's a great way to make for some uncomfortable moments in the doorways of those two adjacent apartments. Also, one notes that Amber didn't stick her nose in. Is she actually going to try and help Dillon, or is she going to assume that he vonts do be alonn, so she can go chase Gary with a clear conscience?

(Also, whether Jerzy processes what Angel said and did once he calms down, and realises what a toxic friend he's got there, is a fair measure of his intelligence and sense.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Except Angel didn't say or do anything toxic. In fact, she was wise enough to let Dillon dig himself deeper without her help.

And yeah, it seems Amber used this as an excuse to bunk with Gary.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

"Your soon-to-be-ex"? That snarky little wave as they left? Angel was being subtle enough that it didn't register with the naturally angry Jerzy, but it might sink in later. And I suspect that Angel will be unable to resist gloating about Dillon and making another play for Jerzy, and thus snatch partial defeat from the jaws of victory. Smug overconfidence seems to be Angel's big failing; it's what ensured that the Pretty Boyz would get trashed by the Troublemakers, remember, and I bet it'll kick in again.

Oh, and I really hope for Ruby's sake that she keeps Rudy in her wardrobe; he's the guy she actually needs these days. Can you imagine Ruby-as-Ruby pulling off that last line?

Double post merged. The DAMNed
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

majek
BANNED

Post by majek »

Jerzy is a moron and it will be fun to see him pay for his idiocy.

Dillon deserves this of course, plenty more actually, but he'll get that too.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Well, they just broke up so her comments wasn't wrong and it's hardly something that would make Jerzy mad, especially since he's angrier at Dillon.

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Ruby scored some points in that last panel but now she's going to have to put up with Dillon's drama all by herself tonight.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Can't help but notice how similar Sonya and Angel appear to be. :|

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

is this douche-bag gonna back off, or is rudy gonna have to kick some ass?
Yet still, I live...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Cortez wrote:Well, they just broke up so her comments wasn't wrong and it's hardly something that would make Jerzy mad, especially since he's angrier at Dillon.
It was clearly a nasty little piece of gloating at best, and a deliberate bit of stirring at worst. And Jerzy knows that Angel wants to drive a wedge between him and Dillon; that became obvious the first time that the three of them met. Jerzy just did the right thing about it then.

Anyhow, as I said, I suspect that the more likely reason for Jerzy tearing a strip off Angel will be Angel trying to get him back into bed in the aftermath of this scene. But he may just register the details of Angel's behaviour there when he calms down a bit.
Bambikles wrote:Can't help but notice how similar Sonya and Angel appear to be.
True enough, unfortunately. I'd say that one difference is that this sort of thing seems to be Sonya at her worst vs. Angel at Angel's normal level.

Also, Sonya quite rightly decided that Zii did still want her; she was sneaky and selfish (and not above gloating at Yuki, though Yuki gave as good as she got), but she had a point. Angel keeps chasing Jerzy despite Jerzy offering clear and solid reasons why it ain't gonna happen - which is either sad or scary.
'J' wrote:is this douche-bag gonna back off, or is rudy gonna have to kick some ass?
God knows what happens if Rudy has to deliver on the tough-guy act; Ruby won't have thought ahead that far. (After all, the act always works on the sort of TV that Ruby watches.) But presumably the club has security.

Next question on that topic; if Amber saw most of this, then walks-of-shame home next morning to discover a baseball cap and a baggy sweatshirt lying around the apartment, will she assume that Dillon took bitter comfort in the arms of his weird new actor friend?
---------
Spidrift