Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2014-06-17 I look so posh

Post by Eisu »

Odd Man Out

Re: 2014-06-17 I look so posh

Post by Odd Man Out »

Zoe, you all look great but maybe focus on the woman with a real reason to hold a grudge.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

If you're talking about Lavali, that one's technically settled here: http://www.sandraontherocks.com/strips- ... ng_company

TJgalon

Post by TJgalon »

Lol, on video games
"Somebody just stake me now"

brasca

Post by brasca »

Odd Man Out wrote:Zoe, you all look great but maybe focus on the woman with a real reason to hold a grudge.
I didn't think Marie's video game was that big of a concern. If Zoe knew she was such a fangirl over Sandra she could've threatened to withdraw the modeling offer.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I love how everyone on Domenico's team, from the boss down, is completely and precisely aware of their own worth.
Odd Man Out wrote:Zoe, you all look great but maybe focus on the woman with a real reason to hold a grudge.
As Eisu says, she can do both. But anyway, priorities are important. An annoyed Lavali is an annoyed junior staff member; Marie splatting this whole story over her blog would be bad publicity. And the fashion world doesn't care much about junior staff, but it lives and dies by publicity.

Also, Marie - I get how you feel, but "posh" is the wrong word here. Fabien is a clever fellow, and has styled you up to look like a cute, energetic teenager. Lavali is looking posh.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Spidrift wrote:As Eisu says, she can do both. But anyway, priorities are important. An annoyed Lavali is an annoyed junior staff member; Marie splatting this whole story over her blog would be bad publicity. And the fashion world doesn't care much about junior staff, but it lives and dies by publicity.
I thought there is no such thing as bad publicity ? :p

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Tell that to Richard Nixon. Or for that matter, John Galliano.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Qwertz

Post by Qwertz »

Spidrift wrote:Also, Marie - I get how you feel, but "posh" is the wrong word here. Fabien is a clever fellow, and has styled you up to look like a cute, energetic teenager. Lavali is looking posh.
True, but only a posh (and/or with posh parents) teenage girl could afford to look like a very stylish cute, energetic teenager; see the full shot for better appreciation cf. her previous appearances (etc.*) - hair, clothes... hell, she's mainly just got game-related clothes and even underwear; just looking at designer clothes probably ought to count as posh in her book..

*though she did have a rather nice outfit at the convention, I thought.

EDIT: P.S.: maybe Esiu is just too good at drawing people well in general to make the normal/stylish Marie (btw, though she's supposedly British, 'Marie' doesn't exactly strike me as the most British name in the world) difference obvious enough :p
Mordhaus wrote:The plot, like soup to which the starch of corn hath been added, doth thicken.
EvilSnack wrote:I think that the characters in this comic are as slim as they are because of the exercise they get from jumping to so many conclusions.

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Marie has reached a level beyond super adorkable. You could call it super adorkable 2.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Qwertz wrote:True, but only a posh (and/or with posh parents) teenage girl could afford to look like a very stylish cute, energetic teenager; see the full shot for better appreciation cf. her previous appearances (etc.*) - hair, clothes... hell, she's mainly just got game-related clothes and even underwear; just looking at designer clothes probably ought to count as posh in her book.
Gorgeous as she looks at present, it's the kind of look that a really fashion-conscious teenager could probably manage on a minimal budget. Stylish, yes, in its way, and she's effectively used somebody else's money to substitute for suifficiently fine-tuned antennae, but just not heading towards "posh" in my book.

As for the gamer gear - Super Mario t-shirts would say that she was just a gamer who wasn't bothered about how she looked; Super Mario underwear says that she's actually making an effort, and probably spending a fair amount of cash to track things down. Or, of course, that she's a rather good joke gamer girl.
Qwertz wrote:(btw, though she's supposedly British, 'Marie' doesn't exactly strike me as the most British name in the world)
A generation or two back, there probably were distinctively British (even English, Welsh, and Scots) names. Nowadays, huh; everybody watches TV and movies from all over the world, and parents use names they like from wherever they find them. Maybe her mother was a fan of Ms. Helvin, or liked Ms. Wilson's songs, or had a historical regard for Ms. Curie, or read Marie Claire, or was eating something with Marie Rose sauce on it when she went into labour. The family may be seriously francophile, too.
---------
Spidrift

Schmorgluck

Post by Schmorgluck »

I don't see it as weird for a British girl. There can be quite a number of reasons...
Spidrift wrote:You are the perpetual target of your cat's libido. But quite politely.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Bambikles wrote:
Spidrift wrote:As Eisu says, she can do both. But anyway, priorities are important. An annoyed Lavali is an annoyed junior staff member; Marie splatting this whole story over her blog would be bad publicity. And the fashion world doesn't care much about junior staff, but it lives and dies by publicity.
I thought there is no such thing as bad publicity ? :p
Sure there is, it's called Infamy.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

zaprzapb wrote:Marie has reached a level beyond super adorkable. You could call it super adorkable 2.
:-bd I could not agree with you more. I just love her dorky nature. :YMDAYDREAM:

Sandra is defiantly giving me the big sister vibe here. Also, she looks stunning in that dress.

I can't wait to see what kind of chaos these ladies will bring.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I never thought of Sandra as being very defiant, you know?

Anyway, I also would not use the word "posh". But she sure looks SWELL!!! :x
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)