Discuss SOTR here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Giz, Eisu

Eisu

2014-05-13 Wardrobe Mix-up

Post by Eisu »

Spidrift

Re: 2014-05-13 Wardrobe Mix-up

Post by Spidrift »

Let us not concern ourselves here with the question of why Sandra didn't just put on the clothes Zoé swiped off Lavali.

I was going to query Marie's assumption that DMG promo clothing would include legwear, footwear, and underwear - but given her own choices in lingerie, I can at least see why she'd think that way.

It'll also be interesting to see exactly why Zoé's treatment of Lavali caused Sandra to raise her voice. Hopefully, it'll be on a point of moral principle, not just because Zoé stopped them getting some backstage footage. Also, given the clothes shortage ... Well, will we see Sandra proving that shehas now got the body confidence to be seen in public in skimpy lingerie?

Anyway, we'll also see how Zoé looks in that dress. (Imposing, obviously.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

I don't see any problem with going for promotional wear. I mean, all Sandra would really need is something to cover torso and legs. Underwear and shoes are very optional items of clothing, at least in the short-term which should be sufficient for her to get home.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

That still implies that DMG would produce promotional trousers. Or shorts. Or skirts.

Or just long t-shirts, of course. But combine that with no underwear, and... Well, hopefully, Sandra has learned how to move smoothly by now.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:Let us not concern ourselves here with the question of why Sandra didn't just put on the clothes Zoé swiped off Lavali.

I was going to query Marie's assumption that DMG promo clothing would include legwear, footwear, and underwear - but given her own choices in lingerie, I can at least see why she'd think that way.

It'll also be interesting to see exactly why Zoé's treatment of Lavali caused Sandra to raise her voice. Hopefully, it'll be on a point of moral principle, not just because Zoé stopped them getting some backstage footage. Also, given the clothes shortage ... Well, will we see Sandra proving that shehas now got the body confidence to be seen in public in skimpy lingerie?

Anyway, we'll also see how Zoé looks in that dress. (Imposing, obviously.)
All she needs is a really big T-shirt and I'm sure that would be easy enough to get.

As for Sandra's reaction I think it's out of a sense of working class sisterhood. She was a waitress and then Senna's assistant and we all know what it was like working for her. Lavali isn't all that different so she can sympathize since it's quite likely Senna did it to her once or twice.

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Spidrift wrote:That still implies that DMG would produce promotional trousers. Or shorts. Or skirts.

Or just long t-shirts, of course. But combine that with no underwear, and... Well, hopefully, Sandra has learned how to move smoothly by now.
Who says Sandra doesn't have underwear? It's Zoé who has no underwear. Sandra has her shorts and bra.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:As for Sandra's reaction I think it's out of a sense of working class sisterhood. She was a waitress and then Senna's assistant and we all know what it was like working for her. Lavali isn't all that different so she can sympathize since it's quite likely Senna did it to her once or twice.
I'm not sure that I can imagine Senna pinching Sandra's clothes. (By Senna's definition, anything Sandra wore would not be good enough for Senna.) But I take your general point.
Eisu wrote:Who says Sandra doesn't have underwear? It's Zoé who has no underwear. Sandra has her shorts and bra.
I thought she had the shorts and tank top she was sleeping in. But yes, good point; a baggy t-shirt, those shorts, and a bit of confidence should get Sandra home okay.
---------
Spidrift

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

Well, she did wear that strapless bra, she can wear it again.

I'm suprised no one is pointing out that Zoé will be wearing a short dress while going full commando. Too bad this comic isn't Rated-R, eh? hah!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I thought that the bra was part of the outfit that Zoé is reclaiming. If so, it's amazing that it fitted Sandra, I admit. But I didn't think that it'd be part of Sandra's sleep outfit; does any woman outside of movies and TV actually sleep in a bra?

Anyway, I think that Zoé has us all too intimidated to comment on her underwear situation. Plus, she's a veteran catwalk model, with years of experience at moving in unwise clothes without flashing the audience.
---------
Spidrift

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

It's a wonderful comic, when one can discuss underwear without looking like a pervert. :p

I think Sandra's reaction is all about disbelief and shock. And fear to lose her contract from DMG for having her manager mistreat a staff member. (I fear "mistreat" is a bit too strong, but "molest" don't have the same meaning in French and English).

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

"Mistreat" is about right in English, actually. ("Molest" carries heavy overtones of sexual abuse these days; don't use it unless that's definitely what you mean.)
---------
Spidrift

Vaken

Post by Vaken »

Eisu wrote:Well, she did wear that strapless bra, she can wear it again.
Where's Blair when one needs him ? :D

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Panel 3.

Lower left.

Damn you, Eisu! :P

I am now wondering if, just a bit more more south, there's the equivalent of DiDi's Canadian beaver! :))
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

(not feeling well, so I'm going to keep it short)

Marie loving the praise she got is so cute.

Sandra being mad/shocked at Zoe is not a surprise.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

I'm more concerned about Lavali. She'd better not lose her job over this.