Spidrift

No Strip Today.

Post by Spidrift »

Oh poo. Oh well.

(Actually, at least we got a joke...)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Bambikles

Re: No Strip Today.

Post by Bambikles »

Hey, isn't it the first time we see Eric not being in "I'm standing here being cool" mode ? This picture manages to make him more interesting that all his apperances in each comic he has been combined. If Eric becomes some sort of beleaguered manager, I'd like to see more of him then. :-?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Actually, we got Erik being depressed because DiDi had treated him the way that she treats every other man, followed shortly afterwards by Erik being Zii's drunkenly enthusiastic pupil... But I take your point. However, I'm not sure that the comic is terribly interested in the hard slog of music business.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Erik wasn't always in "being cool" mode and he was plenty interesting. Hell, the first time we saw him was being depressed over DIDi.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Actually, the very first time we saw him, he was quite cheerful, despite DiDi calling him by the wrong name. And the second time, well, he was having sex with DiDi. You're thinking of the third time.
---------
Spidrift

brasca

Post by brasca »

Didn't know Canada's tax system was aggravating as the States. Best of luck with all that.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Tax returns are rarely fun - though I get the impression that the American system is carefully designed to stop the population from getting too happy - but what tends to get complicated anywhere is freelance income with a significant foreign currency component, and slightly weird claimable expenses. You know, like a Canadian Web comics writer/artist generates.

So, my sympathy to Giz too.
---------
Spidrift

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I consider this one funnier.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

CFT

Post by CFT »

I should also add that this non-update also reinforces the prevalent side (=female) on the "what is Angel's gender?" debate.
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Really? I mean, I agree with that side myself, and I haven't the faintest idea which gender buys more sex toys in reality, but in these comics, we've seen interest in the topic from both.
---------
Spidrift

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

CFT wrote:I should also add that this non-update also reinforces the prevalent side (=female) on the "what is Angel's gender?" debate.
Because men don't buy sex toys?
The iceman cometh

CFT

Post by CFT »

I said "reinforces", not "proves". And I'll admit was only thinking of the self-pleasuring varieties (I forgot that Ruby's "gift" from Andy could count as one as well), which are definitely more prevalently used by women since men have an easier-to-use "hands-on" susbstitute. ;)
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

That's a plausible argument about reality, but the sex-crazed characters in this fictional universe are all prone to buying contraptions to stick in strange places. Heck, remember when poor Erik bought Zii that microphone?
---------
Spidrift