Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

18-04-14 Try committing to him

Post by Shouri »

zaprzapb

Re: 18-04-14 Try committing to him

Post by zaprzapb »

To quote Marigold's father from QC:

Oh Goddamn it. Goddamn it. Goddamn it. Goddamn it.

~X(

TheDude
Resident Redhead

Post by TheDude »

Ah, I like Dillon. (Had to be said :p )

And, a little nitpicking on the side: Dillon is missing his lipstick in the first panel.
"Time spent in happy delusion is never wasted." Frazz by Jef Mallet

"We fear change." Garth Algar

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It is a terrible thing when someone needs the sort of relationship advice they can get from Ruby. Dillon also needs someone who he can't fish for flattery. Rudy is still being good for Ruby's dialogue, too.

And Gary is suffering a bad case of bishi sparkle. He looks a bit stunned, too - and he really ought to recognise Dillon in drag. Presumably being hit with DiDi flirtation on main beam has scrambled his brain a little.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

Karma is in town, and his name is Gary! :D

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Yep, Dillon is most definitely NOT over Gary. As many of us predicted.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Well, flirting is noy like actively trying to put someone into your bed, I suppose. :D
Dillon probably wants to scream SO UNFAIR right now. ;))

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

Amber might as well not even try to bag Gary at this point because Dillon will NEVER get over Gary.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

themacnut wrote:Yep, Dillon is most definitely NOT over Gary. As many of us predicted.
Like that was hard. Come to think of it, the next question may be whether Ruby recognises Gary from his picture. It's probably unlikely, but if she does it'll not only embarrass Dillon even more, it'll score her some points for observation while embarrassing her a little more.
Bambikles wrote:Well, flirting is noy like actively trying to put someone into your bed, I suppose.
But, in the end, what someone with Ruby's conventional naive morality gets - and Dillon doesn't - is that it always generates just a little stress. Maybe not enough to be a problem, but enough that you can't just ignore it.
Bambikles wrote:Dillon probably wants to scream SO UNFAIR right now.
Ruby: <SabretoothVoice>Scream for me.</SabretoothVoice>

(Oh, and it's a good thing that human pheromones don't really work, or the atmosphere at this gig would be getting very dangerous by now.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Well done chastising Dillon, Ruby, but... you seem too interested in Gary. You're being tested, too! ^^;

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Spidrift wrote:
themacnut wrote:Yep, Dillon is most definitely NOT over Gary. As many of us predicted.
Like that was hard. Come to think of it, the next question may be whether Ruby recognises Gary from his picture. It's probably unlikely, but if she does it'll not only embarrass Dillon even more, it'll score her some points for observation while embarrassing her a little more.
If Ruby does recognize Gary she'd be wise to keep that to herself. 'Cause if she does mention this to DIllon, he'll want to know how she knows him and down that path lies terrible embarrassment for Ruby.
Bambikles wrote:Well, flirting is noy like actively trying to put someone into your bed, I suppose.
But, in the end, what someone with Ruby's conventional naive morality gets - and Dillon doesn't - is that it always generates just a little stress. Maybe not enough to be a problem, but enough that you can't just ignore it.
[/quote]

Yep, and in a new relationship, or a well-established one going through a rough patch, that kind of stress tends to make things oh so much worse. Not that I expect Dillon to really get that, especially now that his favorite crush just drifted across his field of vision.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

crimzontearz

Post by crimzontearz »

No Dillon

all you deserve is an eternity in a special hell populated by straight gorgeous guys who rebuke your advances and where all they play on tv are hidden camera views of guys you like dating other people and talking about how much of an insufferable, manipulative drama queen you are.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Error of Logic wrote:Well done chastising Dillon, Ruby, but... you seem too interested in Gary. You're being tested, too! ^^;
Either that or she's trying to remember where she's seen him before like those 2 pictures on Dillon's night stand.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Bambikles wrote:Well, flirting is not like actively trying to put someone into your bed, I suppose. :D
No, it isn't.

But when you're actively preventing others from dating a guy you're lusting after, especially if you're already in what you claim to be a serious relationship, there's a problem.
Spidrift wrote:It is a terrible thing when someone needs the sort of relationship advice they can get from Ruby. Dillon also needs someone who he can't fish for flattery. Rudy is still being good for Ruby's dialogue, too.
That's the funny thing - many people who are not in relationships/never had relationships are usually the best people to get relationship advice from; seeing as their advice is not influenced by their own experiences, but based on a genuine opinion on what should be done.

Question is, is Dillon actually going to listen to this sound advice (given how he's still lusting after Gary - probably not).
And Gary is suffering a bad case of bishi sparkle. He looks a bit stunned, too - and he really ought to recognise Dillon in drag. Presumably being hit with DiDi flirtation on main beam has scrambled his brain a little.
Why would he recognize Dillon if he's not even looking for him?

Gary's on a mission (either going to the bathroom or returning to his date); the last thing on his mind is looking for Dillon ion drag.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

"I don't like to lie." :)) Ruby, I love you.

Dillon needs someone like her to call him on the BS that he likes to pull. Her advice is good too. The chance of Dillon lessening to it is about the same chance of me winning the lotto (that I never play).

I hope Ruby can retain the sharpness that she has shown as Rudy.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK