08-04-14 Threw quite the tantrum

Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Fluffy

Re: 08-04-14 Threw quite the tantrum

Post by Fluffy »

Now it just needs to be revealed in some fashion that Dillon has been shamelessly flirting with Andy behind Jerzy's back, and it'll be 'bluh-blye' Dillon.

Better chances of Dillon really screwing things up will be if he and Matt cross paths and history ends up repeating itself at the concert.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Yep, Dillon and Jerzy's relationship has definitely steered into some dangerous waters. Mainly by Dillon himself; I am so enjoying watching him squirm, it really would serve him right if his 'ship sank. The downside there is he'd be free to chase Gary again (not that being with Jerzy was really stopping him, but it did seem to keep him somewhat busy).
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Fluffy wrote:Now it just needs to be revealed in some fashion that Dillon has been shamelessly flirting with Andy behind Jerzy's back, and it'll be 'bluh-blye' Dillon.
If it was just flirting, I guess that would go down as just Dillon being Dillon, if not terribly admirable. It's the fact that he was basically groping Andy (who was too much of an idiot to notice) makes Dillon look downright creepy to me there. But I doubt that will come to Jerzy's attention.
themacnut wrote:Yep, Dillon and Jerzy's relationship has definitely steered into some dangerous waters.
Dillon has complained in the past that all the men he fell for turned out to be bastards. One might wonder if there were other sides to all those stories. Dillon does have an unlimited capacity for self-delusion.

Anyway, there are also characters here who don't deserve to be punched in the face (metaphorically! metaphorically! violence is bad!). If the costume is being good for Ruby's confidence, and if she can carry it effectively, one might wonder (a) if she's going to get close to Amber during the evening, and perhaps observe her making a move on Gary, and (b) if she might actually insist on keeping Rube in the back of her wardrobe, against future needs. Giving Ruby a safe zone in which she can develop her adventurous, playful side could be interesting.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

I don't think it's the costume letting Ruby's confidence come out and play. I think it's the situation. She's not in a situation with a guy she's on a date with or drooling over.

Not sure Dillion flirting with others will bother Jerzy, I would think he knows Dillion is a flirt (possibly helpless flirt). There's a difference between flirting (if even a little heavy on it for comedic value) and cheating.

Optimus Kate

Post by Optimus Kate »

Oh puh-leeeeeaaaaze. If flirting was cause for a freak out, my marriage would have ended a long time ago. Half of my interaction with you guys is flirtatious. Lol. Get over it, the rule is "no touching". You can still talk to people.

Besides, at the time they had only been on a couple of dates.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

oh certainly. but if someone else's flirting makes you jealous enough to go undercover and spy on your boyfriend, then that's a bit hypocritical.
Yet still, I live...

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

I think girls treat it a little more differently than guys, too. We're probably mightily confused by our partner flirting in a relationship. Also, I've never seen a girl take their boyfriend's flirting with another girl well, while they still evoke the " the rule is no touching", "I'm just enjoying the attention/trying to feel attractive", and "I was just checking if you'd be jealous" arguments when flirting themselves. Frankly, I don't know enough homosexual people to know if they're any different in that regard.

And before someone shoots me down for anything, I'm making an observation based on what I've seen in my personal life so far and I think most people regardless of gender can be highly hypocritical when it comes to relationships/love/sex.

Long story short : Dillon's not a teenager, not a girl, and Jerzy might've been expecting some more maturity and decisiveness from him. And rightly so.
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

*knock knock*
<Dillon answers the door>
"Hello Dillon I'm Karma" ... and she is a BI*CH.

Oh I'm sure he will explain this away but Dillon should face the music every now and again.

Ruby is just being awesome here. I hope she keeps some of this bite later after the cluster f*** of a concert is over.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Maechris wrote:Long story short : Dillon's not a teenager, not a girl, and Jerzy might've been expecting some more maturity and decisiveness from him. And rightly so.
Especially after Dillon made it clear how much it upset him that his ex (Matt) cheated on him.

How does one go on and on about how their ex mistreated/disrespected them, and find it excusable attempting to do the exact same thing behind their new boyfriend's back?
JoybuzzerX wrote:Not sure Dillion flirting with others will bother Jerzy, I would think he knows Dillion is a flirt (possibly helpless flirt). There's a difference between flirting (if even a little heavy on it for comedic value) and cheating.
No, the flirting probably wouldn't bother him, much.

However, he may have an issue that Dillon doesn't consider their relationship serious (best ting is, Angel isn't making things up - Dillon did tell her he and Jerzy weren't serious when she confronted him about flirting behind Jerzy's back).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Optimus Kate

Post by Optimus Kate »

'J' wrote:oh certainly. but if someone else's flirting makes you jealous enough to go undercover and spy on your boyfriend, then that's a bit hypocritical.
Lmao oh definitely, it's hypocritical. However, what I hope happens (unlike the people who think Dillon should be flayed alive) is that Jerzy doesn't care at all, because again it's just flirting, and Dillon realizes he shouldn't care either. It's a learning experience and I hope it brings them closer together and helps Dillon get over his issues with this.

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

Dillon doesn't have issues. He has delusions to the point of them soon being ready to be called Dillusions.
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Optimus Kate wrote:Half of my interaction with you guys is flirtatious. Lol.
The other half, though, is downright shameless! =))
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Optimus Kate

Post by Optimus Kate »

;)

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Don Alexander wrote:
Optimus Kate wrote:Half of my interaction with you guys is flirtatious. Lol.
The other half, though, is downright shameless! =))
:-bd
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Razmos

Post by Razmos »

Fluffy wrote:However, he may have an issue that Dillon doesn't consider their relationship serious (best ting is, Angel isn't making things up - Dillon did tell her he and Jerzy weren't serious when she confronted him about flirting behind Jerzy's back).
Dillon has a point there though. It WAS just one date, nobody ever gets serious after just one date.
If Angel had asked Dillon now it would probably be a completely different response.

Angel sure knows how to twist words in their favour.

We don't really know how serious Dillon and Jerzy's relationship has become, they seem pretty close, but I think most of their development happened off-screen as it were. and we haven't seen Dillon do that much flirting since they became a couple.