2014-03-30 [VC] Heather Gets a Baby Sister

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Malkizid

Re: 2014-03-30 [VC] Heather Gets a Baby Sister

Post by Malkizid »

Nightgazer Starlight wrote:Will everyone just lighten up on Heather?

She's not that bad really!

It's not like she's glamouring politicians in an attempt to move up the ladder until she reaches the President.

It's not like she raised an army of skeletons and creatures to terrorize the neighborhood while sitting in a castle going on and on about what a miserable little pile of secrets humans are and planning rule and destruction.

It's not like she's proclaiming herself a Power and having mothers sacrifice their newborn babies on altars in her image until the rivers run red with blood and humanity looses hope.

It's not like she's commanding her parents to go out and commit acts of evil, and other such things that are really bad.

It's not like she's sacrificing people on altars and performing nameless rites and unspeakable rituals.

But you're all acting like she is.

So just lighten up on Heather alright.

Like I said before, she's not that bad really.

She could'a been a whole lot worse.
If that is your definition of "bad", then no one in any of the comics on this site is bad, since no one has done any of those things. By your definition, a character must be some kind of vampire antichrist Hitler in order to be considered "bad".
The truth, however, is that Heather is a bad character. She doesn't become less bad simply because she theoretically could had been worse.
I think it is bad enough that she mindraped her parents and forced them to have a baby because of her own whims are bad enough. And after presumably being freed from enslavement and torture by the PMS, she briliantly demosntrates to have learned absolutely nothing, and does it all again, simply to avoid getting grounded.
Those are not exactly the signature traits of a nice person.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent

Polokun

Post by Polokun »

Varanus wrote: I don't see how insulting him when he actually bothers to interact with fans is a good way to go...
Dude, the guy has been doing this since this comic started. He obviously knows just how much people dont like the VC and Heather especially.

He just doesn't care.

verityheld

Post by verityheld »

How did we get from space to 'meanwhile, back on Earth?" Also, Heather, really now, you went from a possible staking to a grounding, leave it at that.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Nightgazer Starlight wrote:Will everyone just lighten up on Heather?

She's not that bad really!

It's not like she's glamouring politicians in an attempt to move up the ladder until she reaches the President.

It's not like she raised an army of skeletons and creatures to terrorize the neighborhood while sitting in a castle going on and on about what a miserable little pile of secrets humans are and planning rule and destruction.

It's not like she's proclaiming herself a Power and having mothers sacrifice their newborn babies on altars in her image until the rivers run red with blood and humanity looses hope.

It's not like she's commanding her parents to go out and commit acts of evil, and other such things that are really bad.

It's not like she's sacrificing people on altars and performing nameless rites and unspeakable rituals.
Indeed she isn't. Her ambitions, such as they are, run in a different direction.
To put it simply: she's too petty and vapid an evil to do any of that.
But you're all acting like she is.

So just lighten up on Heather alright.

Like I said before, she's not that bad really.

She could'a been a whole lot worse.
She's bad enough in her own sphere. Just because something evil and nasty does its thing on a local scale does not make it any less evil and nasty. It only makes it unambitious.

Gargravarr

Post by Gargravarr »

Tython wrote:
Linvega wrote:I wonder what would happen when the baby starts to grow up, understand things and skeletons starts walking out of closet.

She will learn that she was born out of her sisters whim, pretty much produced like a toy for her, by a pair of brainwashed slaves.

How will she act to that? Or how will she act when she realize that she has been raised by zombies, not realy knowing her real parents, since her sister took away her chance for normal family?

I can pretty much see her developing hate and hunting vampires, aiming at her sister in particular out of well justified resentment. That actually would be cool turn of events and pretty karmic retribution for Heather. Not some ancient vampire eating monster, but hateful Nemesis created by her own shallowness.
This would be awesome
Assuming she didn't just go ahead and start glamouring the kid as well to prevent something like that, anyway.
"Additional: Our biggest enemy is going space-crazy through loneliness. The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes."

Tako

Post by Tako »

verityheld wrote:How did we get from space to 'meanwhile, back on Earth?" Also, Heather, really now, you went from a possible staking to a grounding, leave it at that.
This story shows what happened right after Heather was rescued from the Gorgons, long before Katie, Suki and Leonard started their trip through time.

Sk'thloq

Post by Sk'thloq »

If you people hate this comic so much, why the hell do you continue reading it?
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sk'thloq R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

:ymhug: HUGS! :ymhug:

Hyper Magi

Post by Hyper Magi »

People like to complain. And as someone else mentioned before, they keep waiting for a character to "get theirs" when it's just not going to happen.

As for Facebook commenters, they're similar to Youtube commenters (Maybe not quite as racist). I understand that you actually have to listen to them to some extent but there's always going to be idiot trolls on there. Always.
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

cell718

Post by cell718 »

Adam you need to get out of this series, people don't want vampires they want them to BURN IN HELL.

Because this is a web comic readers can just go to the archive and look over it and look over it and just harp on it. Plus because it comes out a page at a time the reader taking that time to just think about it to much. So Adam just end it now and get out kill all the charters if you have to.

Nightgazer Starlight

Post by Nightgazer Starlight »

Gargravarr wrote:Assuming she didn't just go ahead and start glamouring the kid as well to prevent something like that, anyway.
Heather wouldn't do anything like that now.

She wants a sister she can shower with love.

She will show her sister unconditional love, joy, happiness.

Her sister will grow up to love Heather then.

And when she is 16 Heather can turn her and then they will be sisters forever then.

As for the parents leave them glamoured, less chance for them to treat the sister as badly as they did her right then.

The sister will understand that she did it to protect her and will be grateful.
---

Signature

My fanfics can be found right here.

If you are a believer of Jesus Christ, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig!!

- Nightgazer Starlight, Loyal Servant of The Royal Pony Sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna... Forever Equestria!

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Nightgazer your post would be more meaningful if we had more reason to believe Heather's parents actually mistreated her or were awful people in general. Look at them cooing over their new daughter as proud new parents, why include that if they were really so awful?
Hyper Magi wrote:People like to complain. And as someone else mentioned before, they keep waiting for a character to "get theirs" when it's just not going to happen.
I for one am not looking for that so much as for an explanation. I keep hoping for some more character elaboration/explanation and I don't think that is asking for too much.

Heck, I'd be largely satisfied with the comic if it weren't for the "enslaving" loved ones aspect.

<><><>

Oh well, assuming you guys are right and Adam won't be giving me any kind of response, at least I asked... and there is always "Dance in the Vampire Bund" if I want deeper sexy vampire characters and in-depth explanations for why characters do what they do.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Sk'thloq wrote:If you people hate this comic so much, why the hell do you continue reading it?
I can't speak for everyone else who dislikes Heather and Lori, but the comic isn't just about them. There are other characters in it that I do like, and I'm curious about what happens next. As for there never being comeuppances, there are. I mentioned them a few posts ago.

On a sidenote, even Lori has at least one good side. When she's in her normal alpha-cheerleader-mode, I find her rather pathetic. But when she rages and fights powerful opponents, she's a master vampire; dark and impressive.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Varanus wrote:It's just hard to believe that the PMS would allow Heather to keep doing this when Katie is going to the same school and is on the same cheerleading team. Heck the very fact that everyone knows they are vampires now should make it harder for them to get away with glamouring anyone (and yet Suki is apparently able to do it with her teachers somehow, but presumably it is a temporary state that keeps suspicions from arising).

PETM has bodyguards watching over the Vampire Cheerleaders now that J.C. Summerfield has taken over the organization. Think of them as just there to keep the VC contained and to protect them against any low-level vampire hunters like Tiffany Winters. With PMS disbanded, it also became a good place to give Katie an outlet for her grief as Katie and Lita could "help" keep tabs on the cheerleaders as well, among other things.
http://www.vampirecheerleaders.net/stri ... uick_snack

Or are we to believe NONE of them cared enough to EVER check on Heather's parents in all these months?
The reason this 2-part strip exists is so I could put a pin in the dangling plot thread of the baby and to show one more event that happened between the end of the prom and the time travel arc. Anything not shown involving the parents is open to interpretation as it doesn't impact the current storyline.

TheDude
Resident Redhead

Post by TheDude »

Sk'thloq wrote:I thought it was pretty damn funny to be honest.
What he/she/it said.

Funny! Because it's absurd, exaggerated and crazy. And such a nice change from the usual "stern but fair parenting"-stuff. Powerless parents reaping the yields of their parenting. Funny.
"Time spent in happy delusion is never wasted." Frazz by Jef Mallet

"We fear change." Garth Algar

gman

Post by gman »

Are we ever going to find out exactly what happened to Candice during the time period she has been gone? Because if she was alive (more or less), then where has she been this whole time? I just hope this gets squared away.