VC/PMS/AOI Q&A - Ask your story & art questions here!

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Re: VC/PMS/AOI Q&A - Ask your story & art questions here!

Post by Ravenhull »

There are liability reasons for that. If an author acknowledges he reads fanfics, then if there is any resemblance between a fanfic and events in the main story, then the fanfic author can claim that the main author 'stole' his idea. You might not do it, but there are some who will, and they have to protect themselves across the board.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Also, if there's actual plagiarism or unauthorized reproduction, acknowledging fanfic can weaken the author's claim.

It just hit me - why did Katie go to dinner in her wolf form? She's always been a bit resistant to using it - it was even a plot point back in Vegas - hasn't she?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Storm-forge mystique wrote: It just hit me - why did Katie go to dinner in her wolf form? She's always been a bit resistant to using it - it was even a plot point back in Vegas - hasn't she?
There'll be a throwaway line explaining it away later. The jist is that she's stuck in this form ever since the moth egg activated and can't turn back.

Sokora

Post by Sokora »

Somehow I always got the feeling that Leonard and Heather would be an item. How did Leonard end up with Suki?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Sokora wrote:Somehow I always got the feeling that Leonard and Heather would be an item. How did Leonard end up with Suki?
Consider the movie Pretty In Pink. Molly Ringwald's character (Andie) has geeky Duckie pining over her, but Andie has a crush on and ends up with hunky Blane. So Leonard is like Duckie... there's chemisty due to them being long-time friends, but Leonard's been friend zoned for life.

As for why Suki? Why not. She got held back a year and the only people in her circle of friends were Leonard and Heather (and the B Squad girls), so... she put Leonard to good use.

Sokora

Post by Sokora »

So wait...that bit about Cressida...or was it Cress'da. Was that her who invited them over to Lemuria? Or just some alternate dimension version of Cressida...

And now that everything's gone to hell anyways I was wondering, what was she planning to do? Fatten them up and eat them?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

gman wrote: I just wanted to know how long (page wise) the current book for vampire cheerleaders is, like 192 like the last book was.
Something around 200 pages. Not sure as I haven't finished writing the last two chapters yet.

gman wrote:Also, will you be selling Vampire cheerleaders in space in time early at comic con like last year?
No, Michael's only about a week ahead of what you see now on the web, so there won't be a book for this one until April 2015, which will be a few months after the final pages have already run online.

Sokora

Post by Sokora »

Okay, I'm curious. What happened to Shiei? Why did you switch artists for Vampire Cheerleaders?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Sokora wrote:Okay, I'm curious. What happened to Shiei? Why did you switch artists for Vampire Cheerleaders?
Shiei draws the long-running series Amazing Agent Luna (now on book 11, the final one), and her schedule couldn't fit in Vampire Cheerleaders' webcomic schedule.

Sokora

Post by Sokora »

Interesting. What will she be doing once Amazing Agent Luna finishes?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Sokora wrote:Interesting. What will she be doing once Amazing Agent Luna finishes?
Can't talk about it yet.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

gman wrote:Are we ever going to find out exactly what happened to Candice during the time period she has been gone? Because if she was alive (more or less), then where has she been this whole time? I just hope this gets squared away.
Paranormal Mystery Squad was set-up to have the macro plotline for the entire series, so the intention was to phase out Vampire Cheerleaders and continue that half of the series as "Vampire Cheerleaders Presents Frankenbitches," which would've featured Candice and a harem of Frankenstein girls. It was originally meant to be the back-up that went with the Vampire Cheerleaders Must Die! story, but was shuffled when the entire series had to be rejiggered to work as a single webcomic under the "Vampire Cheerleaders" name. I wrote a character bible and two scenes of Frankenbitches, which I'll try to share at some point.

There was also talk of doing a "Vampire Cheerleaders Presents Hoes From Hell."

Sokora

Post by Sokora »

So...since you've confirmed that Vampire Cheerleaders...Space and Time?! is going to be the final arc...I just wanted to know. Are there any plans involving Marcy O'Keefe? If you're going to finish the series, I'd really like to know her deal as well as PETM's TRUE AGENDA (dun dun dun!).

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Sokora wrote:So...since you've confirmed that Vampire Cheerleaders...Space and Time?! is going to be the final arc...I just wanted to know. Are there any plans involving Marcy O'Keefe? If you're going to finish the series, I'd really like to know her deal as well as PETM's TRUE AGENDA (dun dun dun!).
Marcy will get a cameo at some point, hard to say about anything else.

Sokora

Post by Sokora »

Will there be a point where you fill in the gap between Vampire Cheerleaders Must Die and Vampire Cheerleaders...In Space and Time?