Eerie Cuties 19-02-14 It builds anticipation

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

joe england

Re: Eerie Cuties 19-02-14 It builds anticipation

Post by joe england »

Y'know, Ace has the patience of a saint. He takes crap from absolutely everyone and just kind of shrugs it off. After receiving infuriating treatment by his own father he's confronted by blatant racism and condescension while waiting for a date with an oblivious little girl who insists on labeling him with a degrading pet name, despite his repeated pleas. He loses his girlfriend after nature itself humiliates him by sticking him with the damn paws. The guy gets no respect, but for a teenager he's a zen master.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

That may be as much emotional numbness due to getting used to the abuse, as much as patience...

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

joe england wrote:Y'know, Ace has the patience of a saint. He takes crap from absolutely everyone and just kind of shrugs it off. After receiving infuriating treatment by his own father he's confronted by blatant racism and condescension while waiting for a date with an oblivious little girl who insists on labeling him with a degrading pet name, despite his repeated pleas. He loses his girlfriend after nature itself humiliates him by sticking him with the damn paws. The guy gets no respect, but for a teenager he's a zen master.
"When life gives you lemons..." 'n all that.

Besides, it hasn't been all bad for him. For a time, he was with Brooke, who's one of the cutest girls at his school and she's a got a good head on her shoulders at that. Plus, he had Mel, who's one the most popular girls, vying for his attention, even if she was just using him to stroke her own ego. That's gotta count for something.

I'd still disagree on the racism part, otherwise, I'd have to agree with Error of Logic, in that it's closer to acceptance than patience, plus he's a generally nice guy. But he's had his moments where he's cracked under the strain, 'cuz a guy can only take so much before they have to vent somehow.

Truth be told, I'd say he breaks even.

Geeno

Post by Geeno »

I'd say his venting has been minimal and harmlessly directed. He's never gotten into anyone's face over his treatment.
I'd have to say his level of acceptance verges on the pathological. In other words, he has the patience of a saint; bless his heart.
PIXIE MEL!!!

Gotoh

Post by Gotoh »

Geeno wrote:I'd say his venting has been minimal and harmlessly directed. He's never gotten into anyone's face over his treatment.
There was one time.

Agreed with the rest though.

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

joe england wrote:Y'know, Ace has the patience of a saint. He takes crap from absolutely everyone and just kind of shrugs it off. After receiving infuriating treatment by his own father he's confronted by blatant racism and condescension while waiting for a date with an oblivious little girl who insists on labeling him with a degrading pet name, despite his repeated pleas. He loses his girlfriend after nature itself humiliates him by sticking him with the damn paws. The guy gets no respect, but for a teenager he's a zen master.
Probably it's half of being used to the chew toy status ("Hello self-esteem!"), and half obvious futility. He tried to tell off Layla early on, without much result.
By now his view probably is "vampires are mostly harmless, but annoying, crazy and/or jackasses, then again, who isn't - what you can do?"
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
We also crave the need to speculate... -Ed Greenwood

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Random Wanderer wrote:Ace's hands look fuzzy now.
Crap. Just noticed that. I hope it isn't for very long. At least he's still be growing into his previous body size. He definitely deserves a break and not move back and forth through puberty all the time. Normal humans doing it in one direction only is bad enough!