Discuss SDB here!

Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

31-01-14 Whatever is on your mind

Post by Shouri »

Spidrift

Re: 31-01-14 Whatever is on your mind

Post by Spidrift »

Poor kid. When other people aren't apparently determined to embarrass her, she gets into a state where she'll just embarrass herself. Just when Andy's actually showing signs of functional IQ, too.
I Myself wrote:Being Ruby, she'll probably now be distracted and twitchy for the entire meal.
But she's not being let off that easy.

And as for panel 1 - I really won't ask how Dillon retains his figure, given his dessert addiction.

(Oh, and technical note for admin: the preceding strip doesn't seem to have a "Next" button yet.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Oh, please! It's just a kiss! He isn't going to shove his tongue down your throat! :))

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Ruby is not here right now but if you would like to leave a message...

The poor thing is really locked up on this. She might still run out of the restaurant, and at this point I think it would be a shame. I think she needs to RELAX and not make a big deal about this. She doesn't need to kiss the guy if she doesn't want to. Though at this rate she will give the most awkward kiss ever.

I hope Jerzy can help them out because I don't think Dillon is going to be any help at all.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

FlashD81 wrote:She doesn't need to kiss the guy if she doesn't want to.
That would make it easy. The problem is rather clearly that she wants to.
FlashD81 wrote:Though at this rate she will give the most awkward kiss ever.
My guess is that she'll eventually snap back to full consciousness on her doorstep, realise that she has to do something, give Andy a kiss so hurried, passionate, and clumsy that he ends up with facial bruising and a cricked back (allowing Gina to jump to some hideously inaccurate conclusions at work the next morning), and then deliver a "thank you for a lovely evening, I enjoyed it, maybe we could do this again some time, if you like, or maybe we couldn't" speech without punctuation and possibly without spaces between the words, and then run indoors.

But that's just a guess.
FlashD81 wrote:I hope Jerzy can help them out because I don't think Dillon is going to be any help at all.
I suspect that this is outside even Jerzy's competence. Heck, I don't know what anyone could do for Ruby, apart from ask nicely if she's okay, and if they got enough idea what was going on, steer her gently in the right directions until she recovers. (I assume that she's been eating on autopilot, by the way, or someone would have said something by now.) She's just going to have to work through this for herself.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Milnoc wrote:Oh, please! It's just a kiss! He isn't going to shove his tongue down your throat! :))
She outlined all of her issues with kissing to Amber previously. It's not just the act it's everything else that it does or does not convey.

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

I think Ruby's brain had a divide-by-zero error.

Ilvy

Post by Ilvy »

Hahaha, this ist most excellent!

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I can claim I literally LoLd at this one. I managed to not look at the last panel at all before just reading through, and it was a great resolution of the comic.

Wow, she BSODd.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

DOES...NOT...COMPUTE......DOES...NOT...COMPUTE...

C'mon Ruby, if a real kiss scares you, you can get away with the peck on the cheek or forehead. ;))

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

But that's not what she wants, is it? There's too much pent-up passion there, I fear. Like I said, I wouln't be surprised if she loses the plot, over-compensates, and leaves Andy looking like he's been hit by a strangely clumsy truck.
---------
Spidrift

Optimus Kate

Post by Optimus Kate »

Awwwww Andy has little sparkles by his head.

And Ruby is just... so horrified by this. Lol

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

By the way, is Dillon really being fed by Jerzy?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Optimus Kate wrote:Awwwww Andy has little sparkles by his head.
And Dillon has hearts.
Optimus Kate wrote:And Ruby is just... so horrified by this.
Well, I'd be worried if my friends started spontaneously manifesting ball lightning phenomena.
Don Alexander wrote:By the way, is Dillon really being fed by Jerzy?
It's the kind of flirty thing he goes for, and Jerzy likes his twinkiness enough to play along.
---------
Spidrift

tanonev

Post by tanonev »

Spidrift wrote:Heck, I don't know what anyone could do for Ruby, apart from ask nicely if she's okay, and if they got enough idea what was going on, steer her gently in the right directions until she recovers. (I assume that she's been eating on autopilot, by the way, or someone would have said something by now.) She's just going to have to work through this for herself.
The only difference between Ruby's face in this strip's panel 4 and last strip's panel 4 is the addition of 2 sweat drops. It does look like she's stuck in bluescreen mode. As for why no one has said anything, Dillon is, well, Dillon, Jerzy is busy attending to Dillon (and there's no obvious audio cue that something has gone horribly wrong, unlike a few strips ago), and Andy might just well be dense enough to believe that Ruby's BSOD is just a loading screen...

Double post deleted. The DAMNed