Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

24-01-2014 Banish these thoughts

Post by Shouri »

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Re: 24-01-2014 Banish these thoughts

Post by 'J' »

as i've said before: ruby is so repressed tat her libido has collapsed into an ultra-dense singularity of puritanism from which no lust can escape
Yet still, I live...

Spiketwo89

Post by Spiketwo89 »

To be honest, that was diffused a lot quicker than i expected, poor poor repressed ruby, at least at shes tried coming to terms her sexuality....... Even if it failed horribly

rpr

Post by rpr »

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Poor, sweet Ruby...

KiTA

Post by KiTA »

Wow, I called this one a while back. :D

Mr. Bee

Post by Mr. Bee »

Panels 1,2, and 3 are all great. :-bd And to answer her question in panel 3, yes Ruby, that is sexy. :x :ymblushing: =p~

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

And once again we see... In any kind of realistic universe, Ruby would rate as so comprehensively messed up that she'd need several years of therapy (and wouldn't be funny at all). Fortunately, she's a comedy character, so she'll get off lightly.

And she does have nice legs. Combine those designer jeans with a roll-neck sweater and a tiny bit of confidence, and, well, Andy should have some competition.

Also once again, Dillon interrupts Ruby and cuts her off just as she's forcing herself into a painful admission. (Dillon would much rather talk than listen.) Which saves her discomfort for now, but means that she's storing up more pain for the future. This denial thing really isn't working too well for her - she's too smart to be fooled by herself. She needs to try self-knowledge.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

CFT

Post by CFT »

It seems the Larose genes are strong with her as well! ;)
And is it just me, or is SDB (and specifically Ruby's "story") turning into a "nature vs nurture" thing? (I hope "nature" wins, btw B-) )
Also, damn, we just missed a chance of seeing Dillon and Jerzy's brains "melting" after hearing "sweet, naive" Ruby admitting she does like to take of her clothes for the "camera"! (they'd naturally assume something far less innocent than what Ruby was actually referring to)
My name's Crazy. Craaazy For Tiff of course!!! :x ^:)^ \M/ B-)

THE CORRUPTOR IS UNCHAINED

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

#:-s Saved by the bell, Ruby !
Somehow it's reassuring to see that Ruby, even if she rejects sex, doesn't reject her body. That's a start.
Now this has been sorted out, let's see how things unravel. Until now, RubAndy managed to dodge catastrophs and the date even leans to happening correctly now.
What will be the next twist ? /:)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, I assume that Andy will now be very deeply embarrassed. (If he isn't, he isn't as nice as he looks.) But being quite as comedy-dim as he is, that just means that he'll say something differently stupid (possibly involving that cock ring).

By the way, note that once again, Ruby does not explode at someone who insults her.
Last edited by Spidrift on Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot

Post by Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot »

Whisky-Tango-Foxtrot wrote:If they don't immediately begin to correct the situation and set Andy straight [...], I'm going to have to go through the fourth wall, then go through the other fourth wall on the other side of the comic, and give the writers a collective bitch slap.

You Have Been Warned.
#:-s
AAAAAND...all your walls are remain unbreaked!

Thank you, Gisele! Thank you, Shouri! :ymapplause:

brasca

Post by brasca »

'J' wrote:as i've said before: ruby is so repressed tat her libido has collapsed into an ultra-dense singularity of puritanism from which no lust can escape
I'd be more concerned about her paranoia. Just because she took those pictures with what I presume to be a camera phone doesn't mean anyone has access to it. While it is possible and certainly unwise to use a device that can transmit data as well as be hacked into it's still highly unlikely. Although in this universe those chances are significantly improved.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It's not paranoia, it's downright Medieval Catholic levels of guilt. She did something wrong; of course she thinks that she'll be found out. Rationality and logic are not part of the equation at that point.

(I did use the words "messed up" earlier, didn't I?)

In fact, once again, the ruling principle of SDB applies; easily embarrassed Ruby shall be embarrassed.
---------
Spidrift

TheDude
Resident Redhead

Post by TheDude »

I love the vortex of shame in panel two.
"Time spent in happy delusion is never wasted." Frazz by Jef Mallet

"We fear change." Garth Algar

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It's a bit pop art/'60s movie, isn't it? (For better or for worse.)
---------
Spidrift