Moderators: Shouri, Giz

Shouri

31-12-13 Sure is one curious cat

Post by Shouri »

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: 31-12-13 Sure is one curious cat

Post by Artemisia »

Ruby is incredibly flustered. . .and Angel walks in and a fight breaks out!
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Odd Man Out

Post by Odd Man Out »

Ruby, you need to master the art of knowing when to stop talking.

Elasticpete

Post by Elasticpete »

Is angel stalking dillon and jerzy or did he just end up at that resturant out of conquidence?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

My money's on (a), but the level of coincidence in the comic universe permits (b). Alternatively, Jerzy may have suggested the restaurant as a personal favourite, while forgetting who else likes it.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Oh, stuff it, Ruby. :P

I was hoping for " "Stuff" Stuff" as a thread name. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

:)) oh man, this is going about as good as expected. I love Ruby's facial expressions as she gets even more flustered.

Not too sure how this will play out but, I'm willing to bet the boys might come out and bump into Ruby and Angel before they finish their conversation.

I feel that something is missing though. I feel that some other event or problem is going to add to this before it resolves.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

brasca

Post by brasca »

Just wondering what is taking Angel so long to react. While he does not know what guys Ruby is referring to it would be safe to assume Dillon is one of them and regardless if Jerzy is another one of the guys in there this is an opportunity to give his romantic rival a difficult time. And he can use the excuse that Ruby was concerned about why they were taking so long and acted on her behalf.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Angel seems to be playing a long game with regard to Jerzy - not barging in without thinking first. Anyway, he seems to be enjoying himself teasing Ruby - and she's standing between him and the toilet door, and he perhaps doesn't know for sure that Jerzy or Dillon are inside there.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

zaprzapb

Post by zaprzapb »

And now Ruby has come down with foot in mouth disease. :))

StEligius

Post by StEligius »

I think Angel is tormenting Ruby like how a cat will sometimes play with it's prey for a while before either killing it or letting it go. Just for the Lulz!

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Oh my, I almost find Angel likeable in this strip. He can be, when he's not acting on his possessive ex-boyfriend persona. Calm, collected, somehow Jung-Han-esque...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah - Angel's running a bit of a split personality so far. Nutcase stalker with regard to Jerzy, cool and quick-witted everywhere else. To be honest, the writers may need to sort that out.
---------
Spidrift

TCampbell

Post by TCampbell »

Spidrift wrote:Angel seems to be playing a long game with regard to Jerzy - not barging in without thinking first. Anyway, he seems to be enjoying himself teasing Ruby - and she's standing between him and the toilet door, and he perhaps doesn't know for sure that Jerzy or Dillon are inside there.
Spidrift wrote:Yeah - Angel's running a bit of a split personality so far. Nutcase stalker with regard to Jerzy, cool and quick-witted everywhere else. To be honest, the writers may need to sort that out.
I don't even know what to make of these two comments side by side. First you seem to get just what's going on (or seems to be going on) with Angel, and ascribe him a motivation that takes coolness, planning and patience. Then you claim his whole deal makes no sense unless we assume he's clinically insane.

Love makes fools of us all, and we all have our emotional blind spots-- some of them bigger and darker by contrast than others. Pull Angel out of the context of his obsession with Jerzy and he's capable of being charming and clever-- hell, there had to be some reason Jerzy gave him the time of day, way back when. Also, that obsession colors Angel's life in more subtle ways than making him make a scene onstage-- like, isn't it interesting how he just keeps happening to show up in Jerzy's general vicinity? And now with Ruby, is he being normal, grounded and friendly-- being a good salesman and following up with a customer-- ingratiating himself to someone in Jerzy's circle-- or all or some of the above? Bottom line, I fail to see anything in need of sorting, here. Angel wouldn't be very interesting if all he knew how to do was shriek love ballads.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The first quote was a comment on how Angel is now - calm, collected, and apparently playing a long game. Which is fine in itself, but the second comment admits the apparent inconsistency between that how Angel was shown on his first appearance - obsessive and possessive and a bit crazy.

If the answer is that Angel is basically a cool, capable guy who's been driven nuts by love, but who can easily rein the craziness in when the object of his affection isn't around, then fine; it's a bit schizophrenic, but it can work as a character concept. (It might not quite be "clinically insane", but I didn't use that phrase in the first place. Comedy characters can have split personalities without actually being certifiable.) "Sorting things out" then just means making the fact clearer - showing Angel flipping between the two states, or something. The other possibility, I guess, is that he's fundamentally nuts, but is very good at putting on a cool front, in which case the "sorting out" could consist of showing the mask slipping from time to time. At a more basic level, "sorting this out" means the writers deciding what the answer is, if they haven't done so already.

And actually, this is the first time when Angel may have deliberately shown up near Jerzy. On his first appearance, Jerzy came to see his band play; on his second, Jerzy was nowhere in the vicinity. The first was just Jerzy's bad judgement; the second seems to have been honest-to-god coincidence. See previous threads for discussion of how this third may have come about - excessive coincidence, Angel being a stalker, or some bit of back-story about favourite restaurants.
---------
Spidrift