The Happy Thread

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Re: The Happy Thread

Post by yiraheerai »

I've already warned my mother that if it happens, I'm going to make a scene. It's unavoidable. XD;;;
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

KINGDOM HEARTS III, KINGDOM HEARTS III, KINGDOM HEARTS III Image
A mask, any mask, whether horned like a beast or feathered like an angel is the face of immortality. Meet me in Cognito, baby. In Cognito, we'll have nothing to hide. - Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

I am happy about the special Senate race in Massachusetts. Why do blatant reactionaries get away with calling themselves "conservative"? That's a trend I hope will end (soon). :-?

GypsyLyric

Post by GypsyLyric »

I'm happy, because my cold is finally starting to clear up. Also, my hammock just gave me a good nights sleep.
Rawr means I love you in Zombie.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

BlairFan wrote:I am happy about the special Senate race in Massachusetts. Why do blatant reactionaries get away with calling themselves "conservative"? That's a trend I hope will end (soon). :-?

It happened about the same time "Liberal" because an insult?
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

CyanideAngel
Cookie Angel

Post by CyanideAngel »

:D I may not have somewhere steady to live right now but i'm signed up to jobseekers so I have money & more possibility of getting work and it's day 2 of gorgeous warm weather, I'm seeing a friend i haven't seen in ages tonight and I have plans for saturday and sunday with friends. All in all, yay =3
Amor vincit omnia Nil illegitimi carborundum Carpe Diem Carpe Noctem
winner of the 2009 cutest forumite contest (females)
Teach's Angel Kitty and assistant giver of hugs

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Aside from tenjen's post about George R. R. Martin seeing women as people, here's these:

And more! For 11 in total!

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

This. :-bd
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Just got this from a guy I used to work with. We've known each other for a pretty long time and I'll admit I got a little teary.
Crystal you are awesome. Bc when you worked @ the lab...I never knew anything was wrong...because you never made any excuses. I felt like a bigger brother. Even though you never needed the protection. If you asked I would defend you...because it is the right thing to do! Thank you for giving me the strength to believe I could protect you, knowing you didn't need it
I was telling him he and his wife are both awesome and then he's just like "No YOU'RE awesome and here's why" :x

Miss Vavavavoom
Location: Oz, living in the Emerald City with the Scarecrow as my sugar daddy

Post by Miss Vavavavoom »

TellusEidolon wrote:This. :-bd
A fellow Buzzfeed user? Sweet!

Also, this quote makes all females everywhere happy
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
Hit me with your sweet love, steal me with a kiss
I'm Miss Sugar Pink
Liquor, liqour lips
I'm gonna be your bubblegum bitch

Resident burlesque queen and sex kitten.
Looking for an artist for my comic! Please message me if you are interested

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Edit: Ops, scrolled up and noticed you quoted a picture that i quoted from Yira. Nevermind. >_>;
Last edited by TellusEidolon on Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

And sometimes they turn out to be aliens.

On a side note- Deep Roy, who plays Keenser (pictured) has appeared in a lot of Sci-Fi roles- from Star Wars to Star Trek to Doctor Who.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

^ Deep Roy was also all of the Oompa-Loompas in 2005's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory -- the one with Johnny Depp.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

yiraheerai
Peach Fuzzball of Doom

Post by yiraheerai »

Friend of mine tagged me on Facebook with this.

Considering how nervous I've been about the appointment to see if I'll fit for a CI, it was just the right timing. Plus, all those stories are really interesting.

mikbuster

Post by mikbuster »

:D
You don't need a reason to help people. ~Zidane Tribal
Geez. Why are adults so pigheaded? ~Palom
How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist... ~Vivi Orunitia
The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. ~Amarant Coral
ADD is a double edged sword. Also the handle is a blade.

That one's easy: it's because it sounds disgusting. Society's got nothing to do with that. ~Gotoh