Hfar

Re: 18-02-13 If it will ease your mind

Post by Hfar »

That you did Dillon. That you did.
"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!" -Linus

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Who knew Dillion would think of all bi's that way? I'm a bit surprised!

Bloody Vikings

Post by Bloody Vikings »

You're right- Dillon is usually far more contemplative and grounded than that. /:)
Proud owner of one "Gotcha" point, courtesy of TBeholder and 1.35 Internets (after taxes) from Don Alexander.
Also one IOU for an internets from FragileMara.

Ophelianime

Post by Ophelianime »

JoybuzzerX wrote:Who knew Dillion would think of all bi's that way? I'm a bit surprised!
Well, I think that everyone makes judgement about groups based on what they've experienced personally. Even if logically they know that they only saw one facet of the diamond, subconsciously they'll have a profile worked out in their head. So while Dillion may try to be objective, in the end he had to ask to ease those nagging doubts

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

JoybuzzerX wrote:Who knew Dillion would think of all bi's that way? I'm a bit surprised!
...you do realize just how a lot (not all, just a lot) of lesbians and gays view bisexuals?
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

As Blood Traitors to The Cause? :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Yes, which is something I personally disagree with.

Another thing that a lot of lesbians and gays also tend to react the way that Jerzy did- being bi is the pathway to being gay.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Missie

Post by Missie »

Both viewpoints annoy the hell out of me. No, I'm not just 'on the fence', and will eventually come down on one side or the other. No, I'm not a slut who'll do anything that moves and can't be faithful or form meaningful relationships. And it's definitely, definitely not just the gay and lesbian community who sees bisexuals that way, either. I've run across equal portions of gays, lesbians, and straight people who think exactly the same things.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

True. Unfortunately, we live in a binary society where everything MUST be either/or.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

that reminds me how many Afro-Americans get mad when children born in the USA from Dominican Republic parents see themselves as Latinos
ImageImage

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Well, technically, I'm Hispanic :p

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Artemisia wrote:Yes, which is something I personally disagree with.

Another thing that a lot of lesbians and gays also tend to react the way that Jerzy did- being bi is the pathway to being gay.
I knew the traitor part. I just didn't think Dillion of all people would think like that. He's friends with Zii! And it was just Matt who cheated on him. He's never seen Zii cheat. I don't know, I just expected better from Dillion. Feels alot like Dangerously Chloe where it's "WTF HAPPENED?!"

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Very true, but I'm not sure if Dillon knows that Zii is bisexual.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

She certainly made her broad tastes fairly clear to him when she was, say, discussing her first encounter with Sonya. And he's seen her with women, and also rolling in his collection of photos of naked men.

But anyway, I don't think that Dillon has a generic prejudice against bisexuals. He's too shallow to have a generic prejudice against anyone. He just had a bisexual boyfriend cheat on him, and he simplistically worries that repeating any one part of that relationship might lead to a repeat of the rest of it. He's not a bigot, he's just a bit dim - and also fragile in a very camp way, hence the endearing/bloody irritating stammering over a couple of words.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.