Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Giz
Site Admin

Eerie Cuties 02-01-13 You want to see other people

Post by Giz »

SAGG

Re: Eerie Cuties 02-01-13 You want to see other people

Post by SAGG »

Wow. I'm first here? Woo-hoo! :)) Ace, that had to be a record-breaking hole you've just dug for yourself. Brooke's look of outraged betrayal is very well done, btw.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Oh Brooke...let Ash and Dio keep kissing.

I'm sure we can find you a nice girlfriend.

(btw, any idea where Magick Chicks is?)

BTW, SAGG, I was kind of busy in a different thread.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Hyper Magi

Post by Hyper Magi »

Don't eat too much Tia, you'll get a tummy ache.
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

FrostDancer81

Post by FrostDancer81 »

Yeah, raise your hand if you saw this cliche coming a mile away? /:)

Just disappointing to see. :ymsigh:
THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY NINJAS. ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT? - Bad Dudes

I, who stand in the full light of the heavens command thee, who opens the gates of hell, come fourth divine lightning! This ends now! Indignation! - Jade Curtiss(Tales of the Abyss)

Indestructible—determination that is incorruptible,from the other side, a terror to behold, annihilation will be unavoidable. Every broken enemy will know, that their opponent had to be invincible. Take a last look around while you're alive, I'm an indestructible master of war! - Indestructible by Disturbed.

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

Ah good, excellent news!

She should find someone better than 'random guy' though.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I would recommend she try dating Layla and make Ace really jealous because that way Ace not only wonders about whether or not he should have remained a girl, but feel very inadequate as a boyfriend :p
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

Oh, dear. That not counting Tia's presence, of course.
Brooke re-e-eally should have more attention to what Ash said. :-s Because even assuming she succeeds in unsticking him from "make out with Dio" routine (good luck with that)? Faith eventually will have to check where her darling got himself lost... ouch. And ouch.
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
We also crave the need to speculate... -Ed Greenwood

FrostDancer81

Post by FrostDancer81 »

Artemisia wrote:I would recommend she try dating Layla and make Ace really jealous because that way Ace not only wonders about whether or not he should have remained a girl, but feel very inadequate as a boyfriend :p
...I really don't know what to say about this. I know you're joking and all but...Bah, I'm just gonna stop right now before I say something that I will regret later. :(
THE PRESIDENT HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED BY NINJAS. ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE THE PRESIDENT? - Bad Dudes

I, who stand in the full light of the heavens command thee, who opens the gates of hell, come fourth divine lightning! This ends now! Indignation! - Jade Curtiss(Tales of the Abyss)

Indestructible—determination that is incorruptible,from the other side, a terror to behold, annihilation will be unavoidable. Every broken enemy will know, that their opponent had to be invincible. Take a last look around while you're alive, I'm an indestructible master of war! - Indestructible by Disturbed.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

FrostDancer81,

Yes, overall, I'm joking, but I admit that there's a tinge of meanness to what I said because I'm kind of upset at the way some people have been talking about the female characters in the various strips. Those things actually hurt me a lot and I really don't want people to say them, but it seems like I get kind of put down or yelled at if I care speak against those.

Hyper Magi

Post by Hyper Magi »

Don't let anyone silence your beliefs...

(Personally I'm more of a Layla/Tiff shipper though)
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

FrostDancer81

Post by FrostDancer81 »

Artemisia wrote:FrostDancer81,

Yes, overall, I'm joking, but I admit that there's a tinge of meanness to what I said because I'm kind of upset at the way some people have been talking about the female characters in the various strips. Those things actually hurt me a lot and I really don't want people to say them, but it seems like I get kind of put down or yelled at if I care speak against those.
I can understand that, but saying that Ace should wonder if he was an inadequate boyfriend and wonder if he should have stayed a girl just...Let's just say that i disagree with such a notion and that Ace has been through enough of being the butt monkey of this comic as is. Having him turn back into a girl, especially since everything has actually been going okay for him, just really annoys me. I wasn't a fan of the gender bender storyline when I read it and I really don't want Ace (Or any other character for that matter) to have to be forced through such a thing again.

As for your other comment...I'll just go ahead and say that a good chunk of people on this forum are the types that make it really hard to talk to about anything because one person will say something insulting that will set someone else off and then we get the entire cycle of arguments once again. You or anyone else for that matter being hurt is going to happen, which is really unfortunate to me because you don't seem so bad to talk to, even about subjects such as this...And I've rambled on and on so I'm gonna end my post here since I'm going to keep going unless I stop myself.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

Alright, the way Ace put the situation was cliche as hell misunderstanding, but I'm still pissed off that Brooke's immediate reaction is to try and go out with the biggest male douchebag in the comicverse.

TheDude
Resident Redhead

Post by TheDude »

Angry Brooke is really cute and I love her criteria for the selection of a random guy to go out with.
"Time spent in happy delusion is never wasted." Frazz by Jef Mallet

"We fear change." Garth Algar

Captain Vlad

Post by Captain Vlad »

Brooke's look of shock, indignation and fury in panel two is priceless.

I hope all this hijinx doesn't permanently sunder the Brooke/Ace pairing, due to their natural chemistry, but I'm sort of looking forward to the chaos that seems to be brewing.