08-10-12 My work here is done

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Storm-forge mystique

Re: 08-10-12 My work here is done

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Ravenhull wrote:Faith might be wondering why Tiff didn't record a video of it. :ymdevil:
Why would she need to? Faith can see just fine.

Duck Duck Lincoln

Post by Duck Duck Lincoln »

Yay! This is better than anything I could have expected. :D

Ash has said before that he wasn't "evolved" enough to date a trans woman, when he thought Kade was one. So if he does have same sex attractions, they would presumably be something he's not comfortable with. It's still possible that the friendship blast just got him over that temporarily and he and Dio have discovered a mutual attraction, since the wand did not make a "YAOI ZOWIE BLAMMO" effect but a friendship one. Magical girls are not known for mind-raping boys into being gay against their will, after all.

On the other hand, it may be that there is a dark entity who is setting out to rewrite everybody's personality to fit some preconceived plan. In which case, this is the gender flipped version of Skye's sudden transformation and kissing Cerise. If this is the worst that happens to Ash and Dio, then this is nothing compared to the very deep and horrifying psychological violation Skye is suffering. It's not just a matter of her kissing people she'd never kiss. Her entire identity has been wiped out.

MonCappy

Post by MonCappy »

Gil Hamilton wrote:BOOM! Headshot! Called it!

And now for the 18 page thread about how what an outrage it is that Mel's magic forced Ash and Dio to make out with each other against their will. :D
I found it funny. That probably makes me a bad person.

In any case, it looks like Tiffany at least, is attracted to guys, if her slight flush is any indication. She seems to like that she sees. I like how Melissa fled as soon as Layla started inquiring about why she found her familiar.
Early to rise and early to bed makes a man healthy and wealthy but socially dead.
http://moncappys.minitroopers.com

Paul
Location: Humble hewn-from-a-small-cliff living quarters deep in Mink Hollow

Post by Paul »

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I don't care who you are, that last panel is flat-out funny. And the expressions on Layla and Tiff are priceless.

TBeholder
BANNED

Post by TBeholder »

Chaotik74 wrote:I'm thinking that people might be missing part of the bigger picture here.

Putting the whole "rainbow gay beam" aside for a moment, let's remember that the entire magical girl transformation is , by ALL indications(remember the dissapearing girl who gave Melissa her feline companion? or the reaction of the witch-godess mel summoned awhile back?) the work of an outside agency that has provided Melissa with the amped powers,
Well, yeah.
Chaotik74 wrote: and has resorted to outright mind control/body pupeteering to get someone who patently does NOT buy into the schtick to fit into the role.
No, no, no. The girl-with-cat asked Melissa to get involved. Don't want, don't start. No compulsion at all.
Sure, she is possessed daily, but the whole power-up / wand / compulsive training part happened only after Melissa explicitly requested a power-up.
Without using the established procedure at that... as the saying goes, "don't skip this step, it's here for your safety". If she thought this power will come just like that, with no strings attached at all... she knows better now. :ymdevil:
I suspect that it became a blank cheque magic contract, of "be careful what you wish for" sort, of course, but generally benign. In that the genius loci (or whoever that is) will do just this: make Melissa as powerful magic user as possible during the time Melissa remains there (i.e. by the final exams), no matter what. If the main obstacle is her own laziness and narcissism (as seems to be the case), this will be shaken out of her first because, well, how else she could move anywhere at all?
Chaotik74 wrote: And if said entity really is a magical girl fan, it's even likely the beam will DELIBRATELY skew things to yaoi(it's a well known trope that anime fangirls LOVE yaoi) or even yuri. One can only wonder what would happen if used on an actual kittyboy. :ymdevil:
Either that, or she just greatly enjoys messing with anyone who annoys her. Again, it's entirely plausible given how she treats Melissa.
Mr. Bee wrote:I knew Tiff would like herself some hot bishie kissing.
Storm-forge mystique wrote:One thing's for certain, though: whether Tiff still thinks Kade is a vampire or not, she was going to start with Dio. ;)
So, when Layla was all over Kade, Tiff tries to poison and then stake him. Now the moment Layla proclaims her attachment to Dio, he is in crosshairs (pun intended).
How it's not transparent? She will eventually need to slay one hell of a green-eyed monster, no? :D
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
We also crave the need to speculate... -Ed Greenwood

Hurbster

Post by Hurbster »

Sigh, I know it's a cheap laugh and all but I really didn't need that last panel at all. Keep it to Ma3 please, too much same-sex stuff in this strip as it is.
"We're only immortal for a limited time. " - Dreamline.

Arkadi

Post by Arkadi »

Oh c'mon, we all knew this was coming and it's hilarious. =)) LOVE AND JUSTICE, EVERYONE!! =))

Seriously: even if Dio and Ash making out hadn't been enough to make me ROFL, Tiff's face and Mel's zooming exit would've done it. Gisèle, Dave: I love you guys so much today :D

Quote removed. The DAMNed
Don't worry. It'll be good for her.

lanerdette

Post by lanerdette »

YUS. YUS. SO AWESOME. The expressions. XD I hope this is what all her magic does--make people make out with each other!

But seriously to all the "I don't like seeing that yaoi stufffff"--you know thats homophobic right?

You're fine with straight kissing (or maybe even girl kissing!?) but boys kissing is "ew?" Look, just roll up your big kid underwear and realize that if you are offended by a kiss then you are just being mean.

Censoring homosexual kisses (especially when they are funny and/or adorable) is homophobic. They would need to censor ALL kisses in order to make that fair. It's 2012 people! GEEZ.

Kradeiz

Post by Kradeiz »

Well, Tiff seems to be enjoying this, and besides Ash and Dio, she seems to be the only one. Wonder how those two will react if/when this spell wears off.

I'm kinda surprised so many people are taking the yaoi so badly. I don't recall hearing too many complaints when it was girls making out, this is just balancing the scales out for gay fanservice. It's only fair. And given how much I dislike Ash (Ranma expy or not), it's kinda hilarious. Wonder if his sister is going to walk in on this; he'll never live it down.
Good Lord. I'm shocked that all my years of shooting people in bunny outfits has in no way prepared me for this.
-Nostalgia Critic

Duck Duck Lincoln

Post by Duck Duck Lincoln »

Hurbster wrote:Sigh, I know it's a cheap laugh and all but I really didn't need that last panel at all. Keep it to Ma3 please, too much same-sex stuff in this strip as it is.
Yeah, imagine how us queermos feel. Every day it's boy-on-girl this and girl-on-boy that. It's infected every comic out there, instead of just being kept to those sick straight comics where I can easily avoid it. I've lost track of how many... :ymsick: ...straight snoggings there have been in this strip.

(This was some big gay sarcasm, in case you couldn't tell.)

showler

Post by showler »

I seriously don't know how some of our LGBT posters are keeping a civil tongue.

Long and unfortunate experience dealing with people calling their life unfit for public viewing, I suppose.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

In some ways, I find panel 3 to be the funniest of the panels ("Again? For how long?"), though Tiff in the final panel is pretty darn close.
"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

:))

That was my reaction to this comic. Giz and Dave are one of the best webcomic duos in the biz.

The best part? The MMAW's (Mysterious Masked Academy Witch) "No refunds!" line as she zips off, stage left.

And hearts are breaking all over the EC universe -- at least, hetero female hearts are breaking. Gay men are cheering.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

WOOHOO!!!

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN AGES I GET TO SAY

I CALLED IT!!!!

=)) =)) =))

I love Melissa's reaction to that happening, but really, guys, move upstairs. I don't think the restaurant will be able to handle this.

Now, Melissa...hit Layla and Tiffany with the wand ;)
Count de Money wrote:And hearts are breaking all over the EC universe -- at least, hetero female hearts are breaking. Gay men are cheering.
And me :p I'm definitely cheering here :D
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

shelmaliar

Post by shelmaliar »

sun tzu wrote:More evidence suggesting Melissa might be an unknowing champion of Aphrodite. =))

Layla, you really need a better way to handle your relationships.
At least she's not the unknowing champion of Caligula