Q&A about Gisele's Archie work

Discuss EC/MC/DC here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp, Cassandra

Giz
Site Admin

Re: Q&A about Gisele's Archie work

Post by Giz »

Cyndi wasn't designed to be important when I first drew her. She didn't even have a name in her first appearance. She was just a random character, so my subconscious probably went for a Veronica look. In any case, eventually, T decided to use this random character and she became useful. I couldn't really change her at that point. Stuff like this happens all the time. Sometimes, you just don't know how important someone will be. Even the 3 witches in EC were not supposed to be that important in their first arc. However, this time, I thought ahead and really gave them a look as if they'd be super important in the future. I planned wisely! ;)

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Page 11, third panel.

Jughead's expression inspired by Dillon? :))

And I believe I've spotted a Matt wanna-be on page 10.

For a first time full edition Giz, you've done a beautiful job! I can't wait to see the improvements as you refine the looks of the individual characters!

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Merci! :)

Their genders are reversed in Archie 636 (for at least 18 pages), so it's only in Archie 639 (which I'm working on now) where I get to drawn them again. I'm hoping to be more comfortable with them by the time I'm done with the issue.

Dillon inspired? Perhaps. lol
As for Matt, there's actually a new character in the Archieverse that looks a bit like Matt. He was introduced last year.
Just a coincidence.

thebitterfig

Post by thebitterfig »

I too love the page 11 Jughead, and more thought that a bit of Dillon look was more due to both (from time to time) going to certain manga/anime style facial tropes. I mean, Yuki and Kiley have both had those eyes at times...

More broadly, though, Juggie and the 'Bee were amazing. Jughead's slouching all through page 1, the self-assuredness of Weatherbee whenever we see him, awesome. Heck, all the body language throughout was great.
The notes of this paradoxalist do not end here, however. He could not refrain from going on with them, but it seems to us that we may stop here. - Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground (trans. C. Garnett)

Shadowbird712

Post by Shadowbird712 »

Funny, when I saw gender-swapped Veronica, I thought she/he looked like a black-haired Dillon!
Time to raise a little chaos, y'all...

Aquila89

Post by Aquila89 »

He reminds me of Ace.

thebitterfig

Post by thebitterfig »

Juggette. :x :x :x :x :x

Cannot wait for wednesday.
The notes of this paradoxalist do not end here, however. He could not refrain from going on with them, but it seems to us that we may stop here. - Fyodor Dostoevsky, Notes from Underground (trans. C. Garnett)

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Female Jughead has Yuki's hairstyle! :))

And the female Ace style is definitely making the rounds, both in the Mà3 Volume 4 bonus story, and in the Archie comic. :)

I wonder if any of the now female characters will experience "that time of the month?" Or is that a bit much for the Archie franchise? Gay? Okay. Menstruation? Still taboo?

Shadowbird712

Post by Shadowbird712 »

Aquila89 wrote:He reminds me of Ace.
I can see that, too.

I guess I thought Dillon first because...well... :x
Time to raise a little chaos, y'all...

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Wow, am I happy to have Giz doing "our" comics - because this seems really boring to me... (-| (Artwork is great, of course! :-bd )
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Why am I not surprised that Sabrina and Salem , wind up involved in "the great SWITCHEROO!" =))
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

thebitterfig

Post by thebitterfig »

Salem meets Lyta would be the ultimate crossover, now that I think about it.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Giz, do you think the American readers will object if your first name was spelled correctly i.e. it would include the "è"? :)

Or worse, also include your last name "Lagaçé"? :D

They might think you're Mexican! :))

MrTerrorist

Post by MrTerrorist »

A gender bender Archie story.......I'm sold!

Kol Drake

Post by Kol Drake »

Is it Archie foreshadowing that there is the hint of a female walking her cat in the last panel of Magick Chicks (after the battle)? :-bd
Would wholesale 'switcheroo' hit the magical monster community? Will we see fe(males) grow big bewbies?!?!?! 'New' males scratching their... backs? :D

Got to admit, I' m a sucker for a red headed cutie... if Archie was an Archette full time, I'd be suitably impressed. :-C