What's for dinner/supper/tea tonight?

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Re: What's for dinner/supper/tea tonight?

Post by Asaryu »

It was sooo goood.

I was going to take a photo...but it was too delicious that it slipped my mind and by the time I remembered I had already finished my meal.

it's going on the regular list. :)
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I adore lamb... haven't had really good lamb in years. That sounds delicious, Asaryu!

I made myself a bit of vegetable clam chowder. Plenty of carrots, green beans, some diced onions and celery in a condensed cream of mushroom base with a whole lot of pre-cooked clams. Seasoned with garlic, parsley, rosemary, thyme, basil, and a little pepper. It turned out slightly sweet in flavor, but it's very tasty.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Again you forget the sage. :p

Seriously though, that sounds good too. I love clam chowder. :x Well. New Enland style at any rate, none of that Manhattan atrocity thank you very much. :ymsick:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

lamb is my favourite. We get some really really good lamb hereabouts.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

whimsical.bard

Post by whimsical.bard »

Making a badass homemade beef stew and corn bread. Gonna be awesome. :P

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

My sister made some dough, which I transformed for us into some delicious pizzas, that redefined the term "thin-plate" in that regard. Including toppings the thickness was two millimeters at most. One with pepperoni and pepper cheese, the other with pepperoni, sundried tomatoes, and feta, they were delicious. This, I washed down with a glass of special-brew high-class beer.

Yummies!
The iceman cometh

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Today was mostly prep for tomorrow's food fest... while I've lost 20 lbs on my diet so far, I expect to put on a few pounds after tomorrow. :)) We're having two different foods prepared - one that went over very well during a previous Super Bowl, chicken marinated in hot wing and barbeque sauce and served on hamburger buns with onions, tomato, and lettuce. The other is a recipe my roomie Paul got from his grandmother, called "armadillos".

They're like jalapeno poppers, but instead of simply coating the cheese filled jalapeno with egg and breading, they're coated with biscuit mix that has extra cheese and pre-cooked sausage finely chopped up. THEN you add the egg coating and a little bit of "Shake and Bake" pork mix. Well, when getting the ingredients, I had an idea that seems like a good idea... instead of simply biscuit mix, I got corn bread mix to coat the jalapenos with.

In a bit of a preview of what it's going to taste like, we had excess corn bread mix with the cheese and sausage added to it, and I decided to add the cored centers of the jalapenos (with plenty of seeds) and made a small amount of corn bread out of it. It was spicy, but it was delicious!
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

I have stuffed the mighty grape leaf and have made the dolmadakia.

My filling was ground beef, lemon juice, black ground pepper, onion, and mint. And it was good.

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

I'm making Buffalo chicken on homemade foccacia and steak fries.
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

No! That would be absurd! My whims are titanic in scope!

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Trying something a little different for lunch today:

Pepperoni, hard salami, Genoese salami, Calabrese salami, habañero jack, and black pepper white chedder on a nice crusty Italian bread. While I enjoyed the flavour mix it might very well be too spicy or just plain busy for others.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

I am being Teh Lazy™ today, and having Cajun Style Ramen With Chili Piquin & Shrimp and a peanut butter sandwich for dinner.
“It’s not an adventure if you don’t lose your shorts” - Hunter Gruntman (Klaus Besser)

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Just had an awesome lunch - me and my friends made some pizza, using smoked barbeque pulled pork from a local barbeque place that's very good. Topped it with a bit of barbeque sauce instead of tomato sauce, mozzeralla, and smoked provolone with just a little diced onion. It was excellent, but now I'm so stuffed I wonder if I'll be able to eat for the rest of the day.
:))

GothPoet
Non-Entity

Post by GothPoet »

I'm going to be making Farfalle with Carbonara and Spring Peas. :D

Big D

Post by Big D »

Because my cooking skills are minimal, tonight I shall dine on Iceland Frozen Beef Madras, Iceland Frozen Pilau rice and a Naan bread that's been in the fridge for longer than I care to think about.
Or get a kebab.
I wibble on about books, Heavy Metal and other stuff Here

CyanideAngel
Cookie Angel

Post by CyanideAngel »

Had another night of no sleep and so cheered myself up by making homemade chicken enchiladas and egg free cookies. Sooooo filling I have loads of leftovers ^_^
Amor vincit omnia Nil illegitimi carborundum Carpe Diem Carpe Noctem
winner of the 2009 cutest forumite contest (females)
Teach's Angel Kitty and assistant giver of hugs