Making a manga about the human body

Are you looking for tips on how to get started as a comic/manga artist? Maybe you're looking for feedback on works you've already created. Then this is the forum for you! (Note: Ported from Gomanga.com)

Moderator: Harukochan

Locked
Tom89march
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:35 pm

Making a manga about the human body

Post by Tom89march » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:39 pm

I know there is no manga or anime about the human body? I think about making a manga about going inside somebody, is this a great idea? I saw a show a long time go called Ozzy and Drix, where it is about a white blood cell and cold pill fighting germs and viruses inside a 13 years old boy's body. My manga would be group young people shrink down and go into different people's bodies.

User avatar
Lord Styphon
Posts: 1487
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:59 am

Re: Making a manga about the human body

Post by Lord Styphon » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:25 pm

I think about making a manga about going inside somebody, is this a great idea?
No, it's a terrible idea.

Tom89march
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:35 pm

Re: Making a manga about the human body

Post by Tom89march » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:48 pm

Why is a bad idea?

User avatar
shutupadrian
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:54 am
Location: Alberta
Contact:

Re: Making a manga about the human body

Post by shutupadrian » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:48 am

I think it's as good a starting point as anything else.

What matters more is the way you tell your story.

Assuming you'll be telling your story in english, however, I think you might want to get some help with grammar, and to catch any unintentional innuendos.

User avatar
Lord Styphon
Posts: 1487
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:59 am

Re: Making a manga about the human body

Post by Lord Styphon » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:26 am

Tom89march wrote:Why is a bad idea?
Because what you know is wrong, and people go inside the human body in lots of different media for lots of different reasons. This means you idea isn't nearly as original as you think it is.

User avatar
shutupadrian
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:54 am
Location: Alberta
Contact:

Re: Making a manga about the human body

Post by shutupadrian » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:05 am

Lord Styphon wrote: Because what you know is wrong, and people go inside the human body in lots of different media for lots of different reasons. This means you idea isn't nearly as original as you think it is.
Originality isn't everything. New ideas evolve from older ideas. Great execution can make a tired concept seem fresh.

User avatar
Lord Styphon
Posts: 1487
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:59 am

Re: Making a manga about the human body

Post by Lord Styphon » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:32 am

This clown isn't going to give us any fresh execution. It's just shrinking down and going inside bodies for some reason. It's been done. To death.

Tom89march
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:35 pm

Re: Making a manga about the human body

Post by Tom89march » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:25 am

I should keep my ideas to myself.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination
Posts: 5614
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Making a manga about the human body

Post by 'J' » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:04 am

Lord Styphon wrote:This clown isn't going to give us any fresh execution. It's just shrinking down and going inside bodies for some reason. It's been done. To death.
that's pretty damn harsh on a new forum member who only seems to be asking some advice.


Tom89march wrote:I know there is no manga or anime about the human body? I think about making a manga about going inside somebody, is this a great idea? I saw a show a long time go called Ozzy and Drix, where it is about a white blood cell and cold pill fighting germs and viruses inside a 13 years old boy's body. My manga would be group young people shrink down and go into different people's bodies.
it really depends on the execution. the concept has been done alot and is kind of silly, but has a lot of possibilities due to the varied environments and situations that may be found within the body. with some well written and interesting characters and ideas, you could do some very enjoyable stories.

i do think however, that tone is going to make a big difference in this. don't try to make the story too serious, and don't pretend that any of it is realistic it should work as well as your writing will allow.

i will second the idea of getting someone to help you with your english though.

Tom89march
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:35 pm

Re: Making a manga about the human body

Post by Tom89march » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:58 pm

Yeah, I need some help with my grammer. I plan on finishing my college degree in the future. I learned that the key to being a good writer is, you need to rewrite your material so you can catch mistakes.

Locked