11-09-21 [PMS] Ginger Snaps

Meet 5 hungry vampires who sure know how to show their school spirit...and the wacky crew of monster hunters out to get them!

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

11-09-21 [PMS] Ginger Snaps

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Random Wanderer

Re: 11-09-21 [PMS] Ginger Snaps

Post by Random Wanderer »

Given that that stuff IS a deadly poison, you'd have to work harder than that to convince me to drink it.

Also I didn't notice this line on the wikipedia article when I looked it up for the previous comic:
wikipedia wrote:Monkshood is used as a plot device in the movie Ginger Snaps, as a means of treating lycanthropy.
Combined with the title of the comic today, it makes one suspicious...

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Random Wanderer wrote:Given that that stuff IS a deadly poison, you'd have to work harder than that to convince me to drink it.

Also I didn't notice this line on the wikipedia article when I looked it up for the previous comic:
wikipedia wrote:Monkshood is used as a plot device in the movie Ginger Snaps, as a means of treating lycanthropy.
Combined with the title of the comic today, it makes one suspicious...
My primary inspirations were the werewolf movies Ginger Snaps, Dog Soldiers, and An American Werewolf in London. And to a lesser extent... Bad Moon, The Company of Wolves, The Howling, and Silver Bullet.

But yeah, this page is essentially a shout out to the great cooking scene in Ginger Snaps.

Random Wanderer

Given the summary I've just read of that movie on wikipedia, I really hope you're going to stop at the "shout out" level and not move on to borrowing plot points, because if this comic ends up turning out how that movie did... Uggh. X_X I think seeing that might leave me needing therapy.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Oh, you should check out Ginger Snaps at some point. It's one of those great Buffy-style horror movies. Lots of fun.

As for where we're going... yeah, totally different place. Expect a big, big showdown soon with lots of fun banter.

Fionn the Otaku

Post by Fionn the Otaku »

Adam Arnold wrote:Oh, you should check out Ginger Snaps at some point. It's one of those great Buffy-style horror movies. Lots of fun.

As for where we're going... yeah, totally different place. Expect a big, big showdown soon with lots of fun banter.
Ginger snaps is pretty good and the sequal wasn't bad, i did dislike there take on Lycanthropy though.

Debatra
Location: Over the Mountains of the Moon, Down the Valley of the Shadow

Post by Debatra »

Never got around to the sequels, but the original was great. Nice to see I'm not the only one here who's seen it.
Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Debatra wrote:Never got around to the sequels, but the original was great. Nice to see I'm not the only one here who's seen it.
The second one is a very different kind of story and really dark, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. The third one is a period piece and even more out in left field. I love the entire trilogy because you really don't know what you're going to get going into them and they really surprise you.

Random Wanderer

Adam Arnold wrote:you really don't know what you're going to get going into them
They're horror movies. Even without going into them I know they're going to end badly for the main characters (and probably lots of other people), and that's all I need to know. Such things are not for me.