I think I'm trying to kill myself...

Are you looking for tips on how to get started as a comic/manga artist? Maybe you're looking for feedback on works you've already created. Then this is the forum for you! (Note: Ported from Gomanga.com)

Moderator: Harukochan

yesterdayshero

Re: I think I'm trying to kill myself...

Post by yesterdayshero »

I like this page yum
ImageImage

redprincess

Post by redprincess »

Moar pages! Gaou!
I fixed some things with pg 1 so I am reposting it.

this feels its taking me too long to get pages done, I just hope I'll have it all done on time. :( how are the rest of you doing with this (that are entering) I'm trying to finish mine before the 27th of July (Con time and such) It think I found a way to knock off two pages (although I decided I wanted to extend 1 page into two so that just knocks off 1 page doesnt it? lol)

yesterdayshero

Post by yesterdayshero »

Pretty nice so far, whats the story about? hurry up deadlines are deadlines~!!
ImageImage

redprincess

Post by redprincess »

I think I'll keep the story secret until it's finished and mailed out, but once thats done I'll post it so people here can read. I know deadlines are dealines! Yikes! However, on top of this I'm still trying to hand make a cosplay! I'm currently cutting out fabric for shorts, and I need to finish the waist of my skirt, I also need to add a "pocket" to my jacket for a prop and my friend wants to make her a plush...... @_@ all before otakon! mer, de mer, but I'm using this sewing thing as my breaks. I'll start on the other pages after tomorrow, next 6 pages, teehee! Once this sewing is done I can focus on just the comic.

redprincess

Post by redprincess »

I've spent the past few days in an emo funk so I havent gotten much drawing done. However, today I hauled my ass to Dunkin Donuts (or DnD as my friends call it) and forced myself to draw. They all pretty much know me, and even the regular customers know me, although I do wish they wouldn't touch me when I'm drawing. I have headphones so I can't hear but when they tap me to talk it startles the shit out of me. Someone once did that while I was inking!

yesterdayshero

Post by yesterdayshero »

LOL post a little sign that says do not disturb
ImageImage

redprincess

Post by redprincess »

Lol...
Can anyone tell me why thi picture looks so funky?

yesterdayshero

Post by yesterdayshero »

The pose is a bit werid, I think the arm with the cast should be at 90 degrees, and the thighs are a bit too long
ImageImage

redprincess

Post by redprincess »

I took this picture with my phone and it looks even crappier this way! Lol! I should bust out my dolly and pose 'm to make it look better. =_= mer! I'm feeling lazy today, maybe tonight. Teehee

yesterdayshero

Post by yesterdayshero »

You can't be lazy in this line of work, get moving
ImageImage

redprincess

Post by redprincess »

yeh, I know....>.< but I dunt wanna!

Actually its not about being lazy so much as I'm tired of going to the donut shop. Everyone is starting to get distracting and I cant just run home to print off reference pictures when I need them if I realize I need help drawing something. It's a bit frustrating. boo! *pout* :<

yesterdayshero

Post by yesterdayshero »

Work at home? 0.o
ImageImage

shutupadrian

Post by shutupadrian »

yesterdayshero wrote:The pose is a bit werid, I think the arm with the cast should be at 90 degrees, and the thighs are a bit too long
What he said. Also, upper arm (his right, our left) is proportionally too short, should be less parallel with the torso. Maybe the back needs to be arched forwards a bit more? Toes are nicely done, though.

yesterdayshero

Post by yesterdayshero »

shutupadrian wrote:
yesterdayshero wrote:The pose is a bit werid, I think the arm with the cast should be at 90 degrees, and the thighs are a bit too long
What he said. Also, upper arm (his right, our left) is proportionally too short, should be less parallel with the torso. Maybe the back needs to be arched forwards a bit more? Toes are nicely done, though.
Redprincess is a foot fetishist? 0.0
ImageImage

redprincess

Post by redprincess »

Uh, can't work at home, unless I sit on my bed and do it, and do you know how bad ones back hurts after just 2 hours of sitting on the bed let alone the 4-6 I normally do a drawing session?! Lol.

Foot fetish? No, that's not one of them. Lol

I've decided to redraw this from scratch just to see if I can get it better, but I need to get my ass in gear! OMG how lazy! I also skipped two pages in between, lol I dont know how I forgot to draw them... and thats only page 15 of 31 @_@ Eee!