Dear Seven Seas Please Save the Disgaea Manga & Light Novel

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
SoundDemon44

Dear Seven Seas Please Save the Disgaea Manga & Light Novel

Post by SoundDemon44 »

Hello, new user here. And well I have joined this forum to ask a very important question to Seven seas. You see I am a big fan of the Disgaea JRPG series. It had Artbooks, Manga & even a Light Novel series made from it. Broccoli Books were the ones origionally localizing the publications, but as im sure you may all know, that stopped when the U.S. branch of Broccoli shut its doors. They said they would try to get other companies to pick up their titles. but sadly it never happened.

So I was wondering Seven Seas. Would you please conisder Publishing the rest of the Disgaea 2 Manga (Broccoli released only 2 of 4) And the Disgaea Light Novel series in the states? (Which Broccoli was also going to do but went caput before the 1st came out.) I know that I, and many other Disgaea fans would kill to see the rest of the publications for our favorite JRPG franchise translated and released in the states.

Thank you for your time, sincerly SoundDemon44.
Dear Seven Seas..Please Save the Disgaea Manga & Light Novels..since Broccoli left us fans out in the cold.

SoundDemon44

Re: Dear Seven Seas Please Save the Disgaea Manga & Light N

Post by SoundDemon44 »

Any comments?
Dear Seven Seas..Please Save the Disgaea Manga & Light Novels..since Broccoli left us fans out in the cold.

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

Give them time.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

I can say that the Disgaea light novels probably will not see a release in North America given the niche nature of light novels on these shores. As for the manga, this is not a title that we're actively looking at, but maybe someone will pick it up in the future given that Disgaea 4 is will be out this Summer. I haven't heard anything, but who knows.

SoundDemon44

Post by SoundDemon44 »

Adam Arnold wrote:I can say that the Disgaea light novels probably will not see a release in North America given the niche nature of light novels on these shores. As for the manga, this is not a title that we're actively looking at, but maybe someone will pick it up in the future given that Disgaea 4 is will be out this Summer. I haven't heard anything, but who knows.

Well thanks for your honesty. I do think you guys should at least consider the manga though. & Yeah I guess the Only way the fans would see the Light Novels in the states would be to somehow convince NISA to self-publish & sell them on their online store, (which although, Highly unlikly, its a crazy world, anything is possible.. & meh A guy can dream.)

but thank you for your reply.

Souldrake

Post by Souldrake »

I love Disgaea ^^