Still alive...

Are you looking for tips on how to get started as a comic/manga artist? Maybe you're looking for feedback on works you've already created. Then this is the forum for you! (Note: Ported from Gomanga.com)

Moderator: Harukochan

StrateryB

Still alive...

Post by StrateryB »

New art on most recent page.
Also: old art is often deleted. Sorry.

Hey guys, back from the dead >.>

I finally thought of updating my dA account so..yeah.
It's all taken by a camera since scanner is dead, so there's a big shadow on most of them, which is my big, fat head btw.

I don't think I've improved at all but people see things differently...

Something I drew for a friend of mine for Christmas. It's her characters.

Vocaloid Miku Hatsune wearing Vocaloid KAITO's scarf, my Vocaloid OTP. Yes, I know her finger's f***ed up, don't mention it.
Might use to practice digital coloring.

Happy Holidays from Hungary, Austria, and Prussia. As of late, shonen-ai/shoujo-ai/yaoi/yuri no longer bother me.
My Hetalia OT3.
Might use for digital coloring.

Original Characters for a collaboration story I'm doing with my friend "Meliona".
It looks better smaller so I rather keep it like that.
The story itself is an action/comedy playing on the idea of heroes and villains. I would say more, but I rather not rant if there's no interest.
Last edited by luzpa11 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

yesterdayshero

Post by yesterdayshero »

awesome style btw
ImageImage

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

I never thought I had a style of my own. Just one I did out of comfort.

I guess that counts as a personal style.

Dai

Post by Dai »

Nice collection. What's your dA account name?

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Same one as here, StrateryB.

http://www.strateryb.deviantart.com

Usually find me using StrateryB on most things or anything using "Stra" in it.

Dai

Post by Dai »

Thanks, I'll take a look.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Vocaloid Miku Hatsune again. Colored version of the pic above.
Another attempt at Digital coloring, I think it's alright, still need a lot of work though...

She looks so different from how I used to draw her >.>
don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Already know her body's strange, and so is her finger, and several other things but I'm not gonna rant.
Last edited by luzpa11 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guillx

Post by guillx »

StrateryB wrote:Image

Vocaloid Miku Hatsune again. Colored version of th epic above.
Another attempt at Digital coloring, I think it's alright, still need a lot of work though...

She looks so different from how I used to draw her >.>
don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Already know her body's strange, and so is her finger, and several other things but I'm not gonna rant.
the color is quite awsome but her head is really small, noticed the same on one of those hetalia guys, dont know his name

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Yeah, I have a problem with drawing more than one person in pictures or drawing a body picture. Whenever I do the head is always messed up, but I'm trying to draw more body pics and such lately..

Are you talking about the one with glasses? Austria?

guillx

Post by guillx »

StrateryB wrote:Yeah, I have a problem with drawing more than one person in pictures or drawing a body picture. Whenever I do the head is always messed up, but I'm trying to draw more body pics and such lately..

Are you talking about the one with glasses? Austria?
Oh yeah its that one.
Um, when you draw a body pic do you start with the body? If so, that might be the problem...I tried but in the end we really have to start with the head then go down.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

No, I start with the head., I just fail is all. That, and the Miku pic was a doodle so i didn't really care if the head was big, but then I thought it seemed nice enough to color and uploaded it anyway.

The Hetalia one is a good example of what problems I have with making people the same size.

guillx

Post by guillx »

StrateryB wrote:No, I start with the head., I just fail is all. That, and the Miku pic was a doodle so i didn't really care if the head was big, but then I thought it seemed nice enough to color and uploaded it anyway.

The Hetalia one is a good example of what problems I have with making people the same size.
oh ok
well yeah making multiple characters can be hard proportional wise

Martyr

Post by Martyr »

StrateryB wrote:No, I start with the head., I just fail is all. That, and the Miku pic was a doodle so i didn't really care if the head was big, but then I thought it seemed nice enough to color and uploaded it anyway.

Well, most people draw the characters separately and then transfer them on the same layer afterwards. I actually try to measure each character to make their size similar. Your style is very appealing though.
Maybe you concentrated so much on giving her a sexy body you forgot about the proportion of her head in comparison. Referring to the Miku picture by the way.
lol
"If life gives you a bad hand-cheat"
-GTO

Reven

Post by Reven »

No I can't say that you have improved. Still, the pictures are pretty nice. Its all a matter of you pushing yourself. I'm guessing that you just do this for fun.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Martyr wrote:Maybe you concentrated so much on giving her a sexy body you forgot about the proportion of her head in comparison. Referring to the Miku picture by the way.
lol
Maybe. I don't know. Doodling brings that kind of thought out I guess.
Reven wrote:No I can't say that you have improved. Still, the pictures are pretty nice. Its all a matter of you pushing yourself. I'm guessing that you just do this for fun.
Drawing is just a hobby, yes.
I have no intention of making a career out of art, maybe a webcomic/webmanga here and there, but overall it is a hobby/for fun.